“Safey is what this company is all about!”

Blue Experience Diving
Ranked #2 of 25 Tours in Akumal
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer PADI courses, daily Ocean and Cenote diving in small groups, all tailored to your requirements and level of experience.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My 3 sons wanted to learn scuba diving. After reading all the good reviews from TA I decided to go with Blue Experience. Tim and his lovely assistant Sarah were truly amazing. They showed our kids the basic skills in the pool. At the pool we saw two other groups of five students with just one instructor per group. Tim told me although 1 to 5 ratio is legal but he wouldn't do it. We had 2 instructors for 3 boys! After the pool training it was time to go out to the ocean for the real dive but Tim said the sea was too rough. Sure enough we saw another group went out and had to turn back after hitting serious waves. I'm glad we trusted Tim's judgement! Tim said he would take the boys out when the weather improves. Even though we paid for the course in full up front, I had faith in Tim. The weather didn't improve the next couple days, but on the 3rd day Tim called as promised and took the boys out to finish the dive under much calmer sea conditions. Tim didn't charge us for the extra work for doing the class over 2 days. I think they spent a total of 7 to 8 hours in what should have been a 4 hour course. We ended up tipping Tim and Sarah for their extra effort and care. I don't usually write reviews but I think Tim and Sarah definitely deserve the recognition. Thanks again Tim and Sarah.
Nathan

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I dived with this company(Kathrin)for just two dives,sadly I had only the two.
If my holiday would have permitted it I would have done lots more.
They looked after my every need and were very professional and the cost was good at $91/£62 for the two dives and rental of the equipment. The dive shop was just outside the grand Sirenis hotel,the diving was at Akumal, which they organised transport to and from the hotel.
Akumal is visually stunning,the locals were friendly.
We dived on the sponge reef which was beautiful and plenty of marine life including green turtles,trumpet fish and massive grouper.
All in all a great diving experience,thanks again to Kathrin and Sarah.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I came to Mexico and was a couple dives short of my certification, and was having issues collecting paperwork etc from my local dive shop. Tim and his staff went way out of their way to call my home dive shop and file all my paperwork so that I could finish my dives while on my trip and be fully certified. And then there were the dives which were incredible. The experience and knowledge of the staff was very impressive. They took care of my whole experience! We will definitely be returning anytime we are in Mexico. Thanks Tim and Sara!!!!! Time of my life.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This dive shop rocks! I came down with a buddy of mine that had yet to complete his open water certificate...two dives short. We were having a heck of a time trying to get his paper work and etc. from Canada to complete his certification. Long story short after talking to other dive shops who were totally the opposite of helpful...Tim took care of everything. My buddy got his certification done and aIl he had to do was show up. Tim and his staff (Sarah) are totally professional, honest and great at what they do. I personally wouldn't use any other dive shop in that area and I'm a life'r customer when ever returning to the Akumal reef. Best experience and really competitive prices!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had a great time diving with Tim, Kathrin and Sarah! Tim met us at our hotel to plan our diving options for the week. We were always picked up on time and they took care of our gear. They were very friendly and professional and personalized our dives to meet our needs. We have been diving in this area for over 10 years and we would highly recommend Blue Experience. Thanks again... David and Kim