WINNER WONDERLAND

Newport, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Immaculate course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Went on a last minute holiday to stay in the GBP across the road from the course and my wife allowed me to squeeze one round in and I was very glad that she did!!

Amazing course which is very challenging but beautiful. Each hole is very different with plenty of water on the back 9. Accuracy is the key as missing the fairway will put you in big trouble and all greens are reachable in regulation. Potential to get through a number of balls (a bag of 10 for $10 in the clubhouse is a good idea).

$80 for a round with a cart for hotel guests is not too bad, $45 for club hire I thought was a bit steep. If I visit again I will look at bringing my own clubs (plus this should improve my score!!) Non guests charged $230 for a round.

If you are a golfer and staying locally definitely worth making the effort!!

Visited February 2013
5 Thank Richard M

• Polish first
Southern Ontario
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Wonderful Resort Course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I played this course three times in late January. It is a challenging course with lots of water, sand and forest – I know because I found most of it. The course is very picturesque and is in immaculate condition. The course was fairly busy and took about 4 1/2 hours to play.
In my opinion it is well worth the $80 that they charge resort guests.

3 Thank Cruiserrob
Brantford, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Awesome Golf”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

The course is well groomed and very challenging. If you don't hit the ball fairly straight make sure you bring lots of balls. Some of the holes are breathtakingly beautiful.

3 Thank Susan M
Kelowna, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Thrilling and humbling!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed at the Sian Ka'an from Jan 16 - 26, 2013, and played golf at the Riviera Maya golf club 5 times. Although they do charge $80 each for a cart with the all inclusive golf ($55 each after 1:00) there was a deal where if you played just after 6:30 the cart was $70 each. The course is so amazing but difficult, so lower your expectations about what your score will be! This is not your 'feel good' resort course (with forgiving fairways and flat greens) - it is challenging and will punish you for an errant shot ( or even what you thought was a good shot!).
On the second last day of our stay we had booked a tee time at 6:40 and paid for the round, then before we had teed off a torrential downpour started. We waited for an hour and a half, but there was no sign of it letting up, so we asked for a refund. The girl in the pro shop said that was impossible, and a raincheck was obviously no good since we were leaving the next day. We tried to contact the manager, who was unavailable. Luckily, by 10:30, the course was playable again, and we got out and didn't have to forfeit our $140. It was a pleasant surprise that even after all that rain, the course dried out quickly and we stopped playing a 90 degree rule after 8 holes! Players beware - refunds do not seem probable in Mexico! Also, if you staying at the Sian Ka'an, you can get drinks from the bar at the clubhouse, but off the beverage cart you have to pay.....food in the clubhouse is not included either. We stored our clubs at the course and Sammy and his staff were great!

4 Thank Senorasally
Solon, Ohio, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Fabulous Golf Course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

We played here as a couple while staying at the Sian Ka'an hotel. $80 for cart for hotel guests. $45 for rental clubs. Beautiful golf course, challenging with water and rocky areas, as well as vegetation that is just waiting to grab your ball. Front nine is easier than back nine. Very well groomed, friendly staff, very convenient to hotel. Loved it!

2 Thank Virginia R