“Rental equipment is very old; rips in wetsuits.”

Dos Ojos Scuba Dive Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: Dos Ojos Scuba specializes in cavern and cave diving services, including guiding and training (IANTD - Cavern to Full Cave Diver and PADI - all recreational scuba diver levels). The dive shop is located at the main entrance of cenotes Dos Ojos on Highway 307, close to Xel-Ha, about 6 miles (10 km) south of Akumal or 10 miles (12 km) north of Tulum.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I love these people don't get me wrong. They are knowledgable and very experienced. However, I did not get a towel, nor snacks, nor water and seemed rushed through my dives. I took my friend back to the site and we went with another dive shop where the equipment was up to date, towels were supplied, snacks were given, as well as water, and we were not rushed. And the price was the same. I'd dive with them again but only next time I'd bring all of the above.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"hammocks"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed November 19, 2012

This was an amazing day! I was very nervous about diving in an overhead environment but with Monica's help, I had an unforgettable day. From the moment we arrived until the moment we were done, I felt safe and well taken care of. She is passionate and well trained and the entire dive company made for a real family environment. I will recommend this company a million times over and am looking forward to coming back!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Go for the cave diving. Not for the snorkeling, or seeing fish while snorkeling (there aren’t many, and they’re small). Not for zip lines. But the caves. INCREDIBLE! Cenote #2 is best, and the water seems to be warmer than Cenote #1. I’m not a diver (but will become one now :-),) but had my snorkeling equipment. I paddled along after divers and they illuminated the deep caves below. Completely surreal. It was peaceful and free from the adventure attractions (like zips) that some of the other parks offer. My husband and I just wanted to see a cenote, and see them we did. Saw cave bats, too! I only have two regrets – that I didn’t know how to scuba dive and I didn’t bring an underwater flashlight. Note: An earlier reviewer said he paid twice: once at the gate right off the highway, and then paid again at the entrance to the actually caves. There is only ONE entrance fee, and that is at the booth right off the highway. Show your ticket to the next entrance at the caves.

1  Thank Laura P
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I did two cavern dives with this shop. It was great and our divemaster Salvador was very helpful and attentive. We did the two lines with a break inbetween to change out our tanks.

Cavern dives are cold so make sure to bring a wetsuit and a hood. No gloves allowed. I got pretty cold halfway through the second dive. The dives are about 45 minutes each and it is like flying through a cave. Diving a cenote is a cool experience if you are ok with enclosed spaces. Make sure to bring snacks if you think you may get hungry.

We brought our own gear to save on money.

It is a beautiful place. You can practically drive up to the cenote with only a 50 meter walk. The shop will bring your gear in so you don't have to carry it all that way. There is a stairway you have to walk down to get to the cenote while wearing your gear. As long as you are ok with hauling your gear for a short distance, you will find this a wonderful experience.

1  Thank AquaPossum