“Gynn'AWESOME”

Gynn'AK
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Altho this restaurant is listed in Cancun, it actually is on the main road across from Half Moon Bay in Akumal, Mexico. It is newly opened and has excellent, inexpensive food. Gina, who runs the restaurant makes the best guacamole this side of Guadalajara & her pita rellenos are the best! She is open from 12 noon to 8 p.m. and also delivers! What more could you ask for! Enjoy this delicious menu without leaving the beach!
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Her tacos are real mexican tacos,Business in Mexico is seasonal you have to charge accordingly.Secondly La buena Vida is not cheap and third Que Onda is no more.I have never had a bad meal at Gynn' Ak and will go back.It is a small business where she not only cooks but waits on tables.Sorry you had a bad experience,.Mine have been only good.

1  Thank ricosmamma

Reviewed April 11, 2012

I sent my husband here on our first day of vacation to pick up some tacos for lunch while my youngest son napped at the condo. Our condo is only two minutes up the road so it was very convenient. We had read about the great food on tripadvisor so we had to give it a try. After my husband was gone for 1 hour and 15 minutes I began to get very worried. He had taken my six year old son with him and the taco stand was on the hot side of the road and they had to wait over an hour to get three orders of tacos. My poor son just melted on the side of the road waiting for the tacos. It ended up being the most expensive lunch (the tacos are over $10 usd a plate) so we ended up spending just over $30 usd for three plates of tacos that were only okay, nothing special. There are so many great options for food in Akumal, don't waste your time at this place. You can eat across the street on the beach at a swing bar at La Buena Vida for less money and the service is much faster. For dinner, try the italian restaurant Que Onda, you won't be disappointed.

5  Thank lastick
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I was in Akumal for two weeks in March and the first place I happened to stop on my way to the house was Gynn'AK. I've NEVER had anything like it, and I've been to many places in Mexico and many other countries. It turned out Gynna was really great too and helped make our stay simply awesome by taking us on a cenote tour and showing us around the area. If you're anywhere near Akumal, stop and meet Gynna and try her Lionfish tacos or shrimp jicama tacos. I don't know how she creates such an amazing blend of taste, but I now have cravings all the time. It's like one of those things you have in your life that every once in a while you just have to have again. I'll definitely be back to Akumal. And to top it off, Gynna is simply passionate for life. She actually spearfishes her own Lionfish! Don't miss this.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

but needs to smile more. Loved the food and the ambiance but the chef is a little chillin'

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Walking down the road and what do I see - Gynn'Ak the restaurant. I only had a bit of money so I couldn't try everything but did manage to try a few things. Everything I tasting was great. There was a gentleman with his 2 young daughters and they tried a lot and were coming back for more. It is a really nice laid back restaurant. It just so happens that Gynna was there with a fresh catch of Lion fish. We talked for a while as she prepared the fish. Gynna told me a lot about Akumal and the lionfish which is not a good thing for the area. A very interesting person that creates great food dishes. What a great unexpected afternoon. Thanks Gynn'AK - hope to be back soon

1  Thank ge0man