“Casa Bella, beautiful”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Beiseker
“Casa Bella, beautiful”
Reviewed February 13, 2016 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

My brother rented this house for our whole family to spend a holiday together. There was 13 of us in total and we had plenty of room!
Please read the handy and very helpful book the owners have put together for your stay. It will help you tremendously.
The house is beautiful and set next to the water for great snorkelling. I am a first time snorkellor and I truly enjoyed the beautiful lagoon.
I loved Anna! With so many people, I think she did a great job keeping up with cleaning up after us. My adult boys missed her on her day off!
If you are a first time traveller to Mexico please bear in mind the ecology! Toilet paper is to be used sparingly and you should use your towels for as long as possible! You are not in Canada or the US where your towel is changed out everyday or your kids can use half a roll of toilet paper at one time. This is a beautiful area and I would hope everyone helps to keep it this way.
This is not a party place. This house and area are wonderful vacation spots to so end with family, relaxing in the sun or doing one of the many activities available in the area.
You will need a rental car if staying here. Tulum has an excellent grocery store and it's only a 20 min. drive.
The only negative was the beds in one of the rooms were very hard.
I can not comment on the cost, booking or arrival as my brother and sister in law did all of that.
The restaurants in Akumal are expensive compared to Cancun. I spent twice the amount on food and drink as I did a year previous in Cancun. You will be looking at $100.00 CAD for three people to eat and have one or two drinks.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Anna and the beautiful view
Liked least: The cost of food at restaurants
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Californi...
California
“Beautiful Setting”
Reviewed April 28, 2015 for a stay in April 2015

There were 11 of us staying there and it worked out nicely. I was a bit disappointed with the pool because it is so very small but it was adequate for the children. The free rental of the golf cart was a big bonus. We really enjoyed being able to go to the main beach area without having to pay for parking when we took the golf cart. We've been going to the Akumal area for about 20 years but had never stayed in the Yal Ku lagoon area. Having the beautiful ocean view in the three main bedrooms was a plus. When we arrived the villa looked very sweet and comfortable. They had the table set very prettily and two bottles of wine waiting but we were ultimately disappointed in the maid service. Every other place we've stayed in Akumal has had friendly and excellent service where we felt like the maid was happy we were there. Here I had to ask for beach towels and she acted reluctant to give them to me. She asked how many I wanted and because of her attitude I just said six instead of one for each of us. They never got replaced for clean ones but worse than that we never got bath towels or wash cloths replaced the entire week we were there. I'm not sure I would stay there again because of that.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The setting and the art work
Liked least: maid service
Traveling group: Large Group
Jun 3, 2015
We are delighted to hear that Casa Bella was a good fit for your group! The location really is gorgeous, especially the views out over the lagoon to the Caribbean! Many guests also comment on what a bonus the golf cart is. We are extremely sorry to hear about the maid. We take your feedback very seriously, and can assure you that this matter has been addressed and resolved. Guests can expect a warm and friendly welcome from our team, and both bath and beach towels are normally changed at least every 3rd day (or upon request). We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your honesty, and thank you very much for staying with us! We hope that you had a wonderful vacation, and continue to come back to our little corner of paradise for another 20 years!
stepcox
Vernal, Utah
“Casa Bella=Beautiful House”
Reviewed April 24, 2015 for a stay in April 2015

We rented this house in April of 2015 for eight guests, three couples, and two young adults. My husband and I have been to Akumal several times, and found this house was an amazing bargain. When we arrived everyone was surprised at how beautiful the house was.There was plenty of room for every one. My older children each had their own room in the pool house (casita) Everyone else had their own bedroom with en suite bathroom. The house and grounds were always clean. Anna and Ivan were awesome. We loved that the house came with a golf cart, and we rented another one so everyone could get around. The house also had two bikes for use. The house is located at the very north of Akumal, next to the public entrance to Yal-ku. We spent a lot of time on Akumal beach and the golf carts were needed if you don't want to spend all of your time walking. The views from this house are amazing. The kitchen was fully stocked, although the knives could use a good sharpening. We didn't think the beds were too hard, and found them very comfortable. There are several safes in the house. We loved it and are planning on returning. I have recommended this house to several friends.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I really loved everything about this property.
Liked least: Nothing:)
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Stephanie...
Wilbraham, Massachusetts
“WOW!! Everything and then some!!”
Reviewed March 17, 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Absolutely loved staying at Casa Bella! The view from the master bedroom when waking up was absolutely breathtaking. Loved everything about our trip!!! Great snorkeling right at your doorstep - I would definitely recommend water shoes as the corral and rocks are unforgiving. Also, be careful of the steps into the water, they can get very slippery. However, once in the water, you are golden to float and snorkel to your heart's content! Also, good thing the house comes with a golf cart, you are at the end of Akumal and its quite a walk in a wet bathing suit back to the house. I would guess it took about 20 mins or so but worth snagging some beach time with the golf cart in tow. We also had Chef Daveed cook two dinners for us and it was amazing!!! If you haven't reserved him, you NEED to do so! Oh, and don't forget to watch the sunrise, sunset, moonrise and all the shooting stars from the 3rd floor roof deck!!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Traveling group: Large Group
Your age range 35-49
Murrieta
Reviewed May 6, 2014 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

RockenRho...
Johnston, Iowa
“This was my dream vacation”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 for a stay in March 2013
person found this review helpful

We stayed in Casa Bella in mid March 2013 for my dream vacation. My husband and I had visited Yul-ku lagoon the previous year and loved the snorkeling. We decided that to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary we needed to return with our teenage kids and my sister and cousins families.

There were 8 adults and 2 teens in our group and we had plenty of room in the villa and guest house. The house is lovely at first viewing but the kitchen could use some TLC. Yes there were ants in one bathroom and the beds are VERY firm but I didn't care.

The house is right on the lagoon and the water is about 50 feet from the patio, however, there is no beach, just a paved path over the rocks and two steps down into the water. The rocks are very rough so I would not recommend this access for small children or older folks who have trouble walking or with their balance. The house is located close enough to the ocean for terrific views but it is located far enough within the lagoon so that the even on windy days the reefs provided enough protection even to the most timid swimmer. We snorkeled at least two and sometimes three times a day during our stay. We also loved visiting Akumal beach and seeing all the sea turtles there but go early in the morning because when we visited there were hoards of snorkelers in the water.

We didn't rent a car because with the bikes and the golf cart we had all our transportation needs covered. We bought food staples in P. Del Carmen on the van ride from the airport so we ate most breakfasts and dinners at the house and ate lunches at the local restaurants. There is a terrific pasta restaurant just across the road from the Casa that has the best homemade pasta and Half moon bay has a fun beach restaurant for yummy margaritas and people watching. Ana, the housekeeper, is a great cook and we had her cook a dinner for us one night. I highly recommend Maria Kullick with Akumal Villas who handed all the rental arrangements. Before we booked she handled all my questions via email very promptly and when we had a small problem with the golf cart she was right on the issue and fixed everything to our satisfaction. The TV only had Spanish stations so after dinner we played a lot of card games and dominos and then early to bed. My family felt very safe the whole time we were at the villa and I would recommend Casa Bella to family and friends.

To sum it up if you love to snorkel for fun, want a family vacation, don't want to deal with hordes of people standing in line at a buffet or hearing pounding Disco music half the night and have older kids this is great place for a milestone vacation.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location on the lagoon
Liked least: The beds were too hard
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Apr 12, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your thoughts about your stay at Casa Bella. We appreciate the opportunity to host your very special celebration. Thank you for saying kind things about the villa and your rental booking experience.
The kitchen and anything that needs attention after a very busy high winter season is being tended to as of now. We sure appreciate your thoughts and will look forward to your return to Yal Ku lagoon and Akumal. Thank you for staying with us.
NC
Reviewed April 9, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Apr 9, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay at Casa Bella. We apprecaite you saying nice things about the property and the staff. They are wonderful and we are very proud of them.

At any time guests can be made more comfortable regarding bedding guests simply need to bring to the manager's attention and everything will be done to ensure a more comfortable stay.

Thank you for choosing Casa Bella for your vacation. We hope to see you again in the future!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing