“Loved it!”
Guest bedroom
Bathroom
Entrance into the condo
South Akumal
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dayton, Ohio
“Loved it!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

Overall we loved our stay here. It is a seven unit complex on a beach with mostly rental houses. The beach feels very private and is long enough to walk on. We really like walking down to the ironshore to look in the tidal pools and the hermit crabs come out on the property just after dark, very cool to watch.

Cons
-bed in 2nd bedroom is rock hard, my mom and I shared the King in the master
-water pressure is not there, I have long thick hair and had to use a pitcher of water
-A/C broke at one point
-tub fixture broke at one point
-the fridge smelled AWFUL when we got there, it was clean so I don't know where the smell came from. They came in and did something to it after we complained and the smell cleared up

Pros
-everything that went wrong was quickly and happily fixed
-I can not say enough about the property manager Miguel (spelling?). He was always there to help. We had a problem with the rental care agency and he took care of it for us. He always wanted to ensure that we were having a good time and wanted to know if there was anything we needed.
-the VIEWS from our condo were amazing. We loved to just sit on the deck and enjoy the beautiful ocean views.
-the kitchen was well equipped with anything you might need to make a meal in
-the grounds are very well kept, plenty of loungers while we were there. The pool was always clean

Traveling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
May 31, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing Seven Seas condo 6 for your vacation. We are pleased to learn that our wonderful property manager addressed your issues promptly and cheerfully. We will make a point to have memory foam pads on hand for our guests who prefer a softer mattress. Thank you for staying with us. We hope you return again to the Akumal area. We appreciate your comments.
Seattle
Reviewed April 25, 2012 for a stay in April 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
Apr 25, 2012
Thank you so much for your nice comments about your stay at Seven Seas condo 6 and South Akumal beach. It is great to know that you explored the area and that you felt safe visiting among the Maya people. They are the true gem of the Yucatan. Thanks for the tips you have provided for future guests. Thank you also for staying with us. Your business is apprecaited. We do hope to see you again next year!
MA
Reviewed March 26, 2012 for a stay in March 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Mar 26, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your vacation experience while staying at Seven Seas 6. It is wonderful that you felt South Akumal beach was a perfect getaway and that you were able to relax. We appreciate your recommendation to family and friends! We also appreciate your business. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again next year!
beach9494...
Mill Valley, California
“An excellent value, quiet and well maintained-daily”
Reviewed March 14, 2012 for a stay in March 2012
person found this review helpful

For SEVEN years we have traveled to Akumal to stay at the Seven Seas, both in # 3 and # 6.
We choose this location from the great reviews it has, and have returned every year because its a great location, quiet , good value .
#6 has a great porch, private- good views and breeze and furnishings. Its huge!
The grounds and the condos are meticulously cleaned daily and are spotless
No bugs in Feb.
The manager, house keeper and gardener/pool man are very helpful and friendly. And are on site for help with site seeing, restaurants etc.

The beach is private- no discos at night or Senor Frog chugging contests!

We have never experienced any problems with cleanliness, rude guests (people here come to relax..not cause problems) or employees with attitudes. Quite the opposite.

Finding the place takes 10 minutes extra the first time..but you'll appreciate its remoteness- safe and quiet-non tourist experience.

Liked best: Quiet, clean pool 3' away, beach 10' away
Liked least: I couldn't stay longer
Traveling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Mar 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the take to share you comments and impressions about your vacation experience staying at Seven Seas condo 6 on South Akumal beach. Your return business is most appreciated. We will look forward to seeing you again next year!
Im_trippi...
Vancouver, Canada
“Great property but the Condo needs updates..... bad.”
Reviewed January 26, 2012 for a stay in December 2011
people found this review helpful

First I want to thank Marcia and Sydney at Akumal Direct for taking our concerns seriously and for dealing with us in a very professional manner. This company is very serious about making sure their customers are happy. So thank you everyone at Akumal direct.
Now about the condo... it is in a pretty area of Akumal on a beautiful beach with nice grounds. We arrived at aprox 9pm on the night of our arrival. We had a little trouble finding the place but once we arrived we were shown to the condo by the property manager Miguel. At first glance, everything seemed alright, but after looking a little closer we quickly noticed that the place had not been cleaned very well and was somewhat run down (cupboard door above the tv fell on my head), throw rug was dirty, the pots and pans were covered in calcium deposits, light switches were filthy, drains were scummy and there were long black hairs all over the floor of the bathrooms. The shower heads were coated in calcium deposits as were the taps and drains on all sinks in both bathrooms and there was green scum in the drains that made you feel like you would not want to shower in that shower. The tubs are made of tile so they aren't really tubs, just deep shower stalls. There is a bidet in the master bathroom but it too was coated in calcium and did not work - which is a shame since they have signs in both bathrooms that ask you not to flush ANY paper products down the toilet due to the sewer system and it's inability to handle it.
They want you to place used TP in the bin next to the toilet. That to me is not acceptable or sanitary. I have stayed in Akumal, Puerto Morelos, Puerto Aventuras, up and down the Riviera Maya and Cancun and never have I been asked to place used TP in the bin. Had I known this was the case I would not have even considered renting this condo.
About an hour after we arrived, I started to have trouble breathing and developed a cough. My eyes started to get itchy and immediately thought... mould. I am highly allergic to mould and I knew this reaction I was having was due to mould somewhere close by. I started looking for the source of my troubles and quickly found that in the cupboard of the second bathroom under the sink, there was major water damage that had not been repaired and there was a major black mould problem. The cupboard was actually lifted and warped inside from the water damage and smelled rank. Because you can not close off the sink area from the rest of the home, we opened windows to clear the air - my son, who was supposed to sleep in the bedroom next to it, also suffers from this allergy so he slept on the couch in another room. We both took Benadryl to ease some of the symptoms and thankfully I did not have an asthma attack.
Upon entering the master bedroom we noticed literally and army of ants on the floor near the windows and under the nightstand. We killed about 20 of them only to have them replaced by 20 more, then 20 more! It was ridiculous. We were up until 1:30 am killing bugs. There were red ants, termites, little black flea like bugs and big black ants. We plugged some holes in the baseboards with tissue thinking it would help, they just came in under the baseboards. We finally gave up and went to bed fully clothed. I realize that this Condo is surrounded by jungle, but if they know they have guests coming, wouldn't they want to fumigate prior to their arrival? They did fumigate in November but that was too long ago.
The bed was literally as hard as sleeping on the floor. I've had a broken back and was up all night tossing and turning trying to get comfortable. I placed an extra blanket under the sheet to try to soften it, and even that didn't help. They offer a foam if you need one - wouldn't it be worth it to get new matresses so that people don't complain? Having a comfortable place to sleep is a BIG DEAL when you're on vacation.
Besides waking up with back pain and both of my eyes swollen shut from the mould allergy, my husband and I were both bitten in the night so when we woke up we made the decision to leave and find alternate accommodations.
We went into Playa Del Carmen and started our search. We were able to find a hotel for 3 nights until Dec 25th then we would have to leave and find something else. Not an easy task at Christmas time. ALSO, I have not mentioned that I had my family coming in Dec 25th to stay in Condo #3 for a week! After the condition of #6 there was no way I was going to have my family stay there for a minute.
Now I needed accommodations for 7 people for a week at Christmas time!
Needless to say I was pretty stressed out and once in our new hotel, spent the next 3 days searching the web and calling travel agencies to try and find accommodations for the 7 of us for a week. On Dec 24th at 7:30 pm I booked a hotel in Cancun for all of us - talk about cutting it close!
The day we left the condo, Dec 22/2011, my husband and I both spoke with a representative from Akumal Direct and she came out to Seven Seas #6 to look at the unit after we had vacated and after the maid had cleaned it. Thankfully I took photos of the dirty conditions, the bugs and the mould - and I believe that after viewing these pictures, Akumal Direct would agree that this unit needs some important TLC. They agreed to give us a full refund and at this time the refund is complete and paid in full. This is why I stated at the beginning of my review that I felt they dealt with the issues professionally.
I was very disappointed that I was not able to stay in Akumal as it is a lovely community. I was looking forward to a relaxing vacation on the beach in a quiet place and would have loved to stay at this condo had it been up to par. As it turns out I lost 3 days of my vacation spent indoors on the internet, stressed out and almost ready to call off having my family join us and just go home myself. We ended up having to stay in the city (Cancun) which was not my plan. Once in Cancun, and in our clean accommodations, we were able to salvage 6 days of our 11 day trip. My advice is to really look into the reviews on here (trip advisor) and if it's not a recent review, don't book it. The most recent review for Seven Seas #6 was April of 2010... that should have been my first clue.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beach from what I saw of it.
Liked least: The accommodations.
Traveling group: Family with Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
twin cities area
Reviewed April 8, 2010 for a stay in February 2010

me
Reviewed April 7, 2010 for a stay in March 2010
person found this review helpful

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing