“Loved the Cenote”

Book In Advance
More Info
$79.98*
and up
Viator Exclusive: Coba Ruins Early Access Tour with an Archaeologist and Cenote...
Ranked #3 of 27 things to do in Akumal
More attraction details
Owner description: An underground cave with spectacular rock formations.
pasadena, ca
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Loved the Cenote”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Booked a Tulum and Cenote tour through Cancun Discounts. Had a great experience at the cenote. Indiana Joe's runs the place and have options of booking the zipline and cave tour but we opted for the cenote only. My husband and I were very fortunate to have the place all to ourselves for an hour! Our guide Frank was very friendly and gave us a very educational tour of the place for about 20 minutes then he left us to explore it ourselves. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone who likes an adventure!

Visited November 2013

35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“A Wonderful Adventure”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I was looking for an experience more natural than the tourist trap venues. I made the best choice. This place will not disappoint. I was greeted by a four year old spider monkey, who loved being held and was very cuddly. He was mischievous and tried to take off my glasses and pull my hair, just like a baby. He did not want to be put down, but there were others waiting to hold and play with him. The first event was the zip line. It was my first time and I loved it. There were 10 stations. I felt very safe at all times. They had all the necessary safety equipment and very good guides who explained the procedure and precautions thoroughly. Next was the underground cavern which was fascinating. We visited the animal compound with rescued monkeys, Deer roamed freely. Butterflies of all varieties were in abundance. The last event involved snorkeling in a cenote (underground pool) The water was cool, but felt good after the jungle heat. The snorkeling equipment was in very good condition. The guides were all excellent and their English very understandable. I highly recommend.

4 Thank Myrna B
Islamorada, Florida
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Wonderful Cave Experience”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We have known about Akutun Chen and since my husband loves caves, put this on our list when we went down to Akumal. This is the real deal, not one of the "theme parks". The cave is just amazing with different chambers of stalagtites and stalagmites. Victor was a wonderful guide with lots of knowledge and super English commentary. Never felt rushed and he answered all our questions. Wear water shoes as it had been raining a lot the past week and we had areas with a few inches of water to navigate. Don't miss this. It's definitely a highlight.

3 Thank LivingLifeonVacation
Québec (ville), Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Don't miss this experience !”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We went there to visit the cenote and the cave, and we enjoyed every moment of it. The staff is great, the animals that they keep is a little plus (they keep animals that couldn't survive alone in nature) and the guided tour makes us understand how the Yucatan Peninsula is under the jungle. A must do !

1 Thank claucl0
Los Angeles, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great experience!!!!!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I chose this tour through our hotel because I wanted something different from the super commercialized parks advertised throughout Cancun. Im sure the tour guides will remember me, (hey Jaime!) because I was with the other 2 screaming city girls who may have bargained for more than we could handle with the monkeys and other jungle creatures, but the staff definitely helped in making us feel more comfortable.This tour comes with three different parts, the zip-lining was fun but a little long for me since I had done it before and it was a really long circuit so this is a great option for people looking for that. The tour of the cave was very informative and provided great photo ops. The cenote with Samuel was hands down my favorite part! I could have spent all day snorkeling in that beautiful clear water, truly an experience that must be done! Overall, the guys at this park do a great job keeping everything as natural and fun as possible. Highly recommended!