“So much fun, and also a learning experience”
Review of Aktun Chen

Aktun Chen
Book In Advance
More Info
$72.00*
and up
Viator Exclusive: Coba Ruins Early Access Tour with an Archaeologist and Cenote...
More Info
$107.10*
and up
Tulum with Underground Cenote and Caves from Cancun
Ranked #3 of 27 things to do in Akumal
More attraction details
Owner description: An underground cave with spectacular rock formations.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a very cool and well run outfit, I was impressed with the nicely groomed grounds and professionalism of the tour guides. Our guide, Raul, was fun and informative. We felt this was the highlight of our trip. Be aware the mosquitoes are ravenous and will find the one spot you didnt slather with repellent. Still, it was worth a few bites as the scenery was awsome.

2  Thank Travelcrazy311
There are newer reviews for Aktun Chen

Reviewed October 2, 2013

get out of the resort and visit Aktun Chen!!
excellent experience, super fun!
Had a great time with friends, weather was perfect and the place is the adventure pinacle!
will be back to mexico, just to go to Aktun Chen

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Our guides were amazing. We got personalized attention by very friendly genuinely warm hosts. They were kind enough to make adjustments to our experience when I discovered I had not booked the particular tour I had intended. I felt safe and was well entertained. The equipment was well cared for and they practiced good hygiene such as providing hand sanitizers and using gloves and hair coverings underneath the helmets.

1  Thank patchouligirl62
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

If you happen to visit Mexico, you should visit Aktun Chen. It gots natural scenery and wild life. You learn a lot about 'estalagmitas' and 'estalactitas'. Our guide was the coolest guy. I think his name was Rodolfo or somethig like that. He made our visit unique. He also was our photographer and took really awesome pictures ! Id you happen to go, ask for him. Unfortunately, this park does not have the government's support so Trip Advisor was the way i found this great park! If everyone happens to write his experience maybe they may get their support. I only went to the caves pero there are more activities you can make. Its close to Playacar.

1  Thank Florlamberti
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We were here in Playa Del Carmen the first week in September and the weather was overcast and rainy almost every day. So on one overcast day we decided to do the caves at AKTUN CHEN. The caves and cenote at the end of the cave tour was GREAT! The tour guy gave a lot of info and inside the cave was beautiful. Ask about the thing inside the cave that looks like BACON. Don't want to ruin for you, so just ask and you'll know what i'm talking about. lol
Before and after the cave tour we looked at some amazing animals. My favorite, because i love monkeys, was my new friend, SAM! He does well if you aren't scared. Little kids might be afraid because he likes to climb all over you.lol He was so cute and for me that was the icing on the cake. This was a very enjoyable day for us. You can go there straight or do a tour. We payed 30 pp usa dollars and didn't do the zipline because we've done that already . Once you turn to the right off the main hwy 307 you have to drive slow through a dirt road to get to entrance. You drive for about 5 min. Watch for the signs that say Aktun Chen and have a wonderful day there!!