“Amazing experience!!!”

Book In Advance
More Info
$75.71*
and up
Viator Exclusive: Coba Ruins Early Access Tour with an Archaeologist and Cenote...
More Info
$107.10*
and up
Tulum with Underground Cenote and Caves from Cancun
Ranked #3 of 28 things to do in Akumal
More attraction details
Owner description: An underground cave with spectacular rock formations.
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We booked through iberostar resort/ Lomas travel company. It was highly recommended to us. We are SO happy we went. It was perfect for small groups, was not over crowded at all. Plenty of very friendly knowledgable staff. Tons of monkeys. We did the zipline, cenote snorkel and cave tour. We loved every second. Our package included lunch which was excellent. This tour let us be independent on parts which we loved. We were able to take PLENTY of pictures with our cameras. There was a photographer and you were able to purchase professional pics as well but they were a little expensive. We have amazing pictures from the cenotes. caves and pre zip lining (didnt want to lose our cameras!)

1  Thank Amy V
Write a ReviewReviews (1,190)

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Firstly, my entire family are novice snorklers at best. Atkun Chen is 2 miles south of Akumal but the attractions are buried 15 minutes into the jungle on a two track. We arrive in a Tsuru Taxi, awesome drive...Huge lizards everywhere. You can snorkle, jungle walk, zip line etc..all for a discounted price or ala carte. We chose just snorkle in the cenote, very, very cool. Pristine, crystal clear water. Very nice set up, excellent guides, no pressure, beautiful place. Can not wait to go again. While you are waiting for the shuttle to take you even further into the jungle to the cenote they have all kinds of creepy snakes in cages to look at. They also have a "tame" spider monkey that while we were there behaved quite well. We have been going to this part of Mexico for quite a while, this is one of the very, very few places I felt completely at ease. Never felt like I was being upsold on anything.

3  Thank Rob11276
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We had read about Aktun Chen online and were impressed that it was so highly rated by National Geographic. Be warned that there are mosquitos galore so take some bug spray, and the drive is quite long to actually get to the welcome centre (you aren't lost!) We did the spelunking and snorkelling as well as enjoyed the animals in the nature park. There were 4 adults and 4 children and all of us were wowed with this spectacular naturally beautiful area! A definite must-see!!!

2  Thank Zephyrmum
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We did all three activities, cave snorkeling, zip lines and the cave walking tour. Really nice attentions! Nice attentions to the visitors from the staff, good attentions and knowing their visitors, by seen them language and the personality like, the personalized service base on the person origins, if you speak Spanish, French or Italian can give you a fee back base in your culture and knowledge, LOL, some time they said word you know back in your home town! Their asking questions to get to know the visitors and give the confident to enjoy the facility. They take pix of you during the Zip line also if you don’t have a underwater camera they will be taking with they own camera and fix it to have it and they keep it for a month if you can get it in that visit time, but is not available online to buy it, I see very nice pix from myself but, I have to go back to buy it latter, will be very nice if they sell it online later to you don’t come back to get it. This is a much smaller park then some of the bigger and the focus is nature non artificial facility, all natural 100% focus on the beautiful jungle and the caves, life deer are there also a free jungle monkeys are loose in the park with the very own free living place, very nice I love that, free animal in their very own nature place. Really loved the guided tours and our tour guides were very knowledgeable hi show me he can also speak so many languages with us, they talk to us 8 languages, beside English and Spanish hi speak French, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, German, Japanese and Chinese, very good we love that! And we get great descriptions and orientations. Lunch was included, but I’m vegetarian, I can get much form them, they will need to fix some vegetarian dishes some time to people like us, I ask to give me just a small vegetarian food to have something to eat in this time and for the other friend no vegetarian like us they said their food was really nice and fresh. We recommended 100 to go to visit it!

1  Thank sismercado
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We picked this cenote because of a recommendation by a local. It was great. Very natural. We did zip lining with the 11 and 14 year old followed by the cenote swim. The stay was very friendly and so were the monkeys. The little one would crawl all over you but talk about up close and personal. It was probably my kid's favorite part of the trip.

1  Thank DiverMiguelito33012