“Not all that”

$89.00*
Cenotes and Paradise Lagoon with Snorkeling from Playa del Carmen
Ranked #5 of 27 things to do in Akumal
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Expensive to get in, and not that many fish. The water seemed cloudy as well. It's a pretty spot, but not worth the price. We saw a lot more fish snorkeling outside our condo in Half Moon Bay. Feels like a tourist trap.

1  Thank Melawell
There are newer reviews for Yal-ku Lagoon

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Definitely a great spot for people who might be a little anxious about snorkeling in the open ocean. Easy in and out of the water and the fish are right there. Although the visibility is good it appeared to me that there was some kind of film in the water. I thought it was my mask at first but when I lifted my mask from the water it was completely clear, so I'm not sure what was going on. Personally I preferred the snorkeling in the open ocean at Half Moon Bay or Akumal Bay. Also, I got her when it opened so there weren't many people in the water, which is just how I like it.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We went to Yal-Ku with our kids 16 and 11 and had a great afternoon. However even with our own snorkel gear we did find it to be a bit pricey. We are glad we did it, we saw plenty of fish and my family saw a turtle in the lagoon as well. We had been 2 years ago with a tour and definitely recommend going solo, it's better value that way.
We didn't make use of the palapas that were available for rent, and really didn't see the need. There is only so much to see and we knew we wouldn't be there for hours.
In the end it is a beautiful location and worth seeing, just wish it was a little less costly.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

This place is amazing. Very secluded with hundreds of fish to see! It does get a little crowded by afternoon, so head there early. They have snorkel gear available to rent if you didn't bring your own. Also a small snack bar for cold drinks, etc. Not commercialized at all. Quiet and out of they way for the most part.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

The snorkeling was quite nice, but it's clear that too much traffic is negatively impacting the coral and the lagoon. Small concession area, but no alcoholic beverages. We rented a hut, which was quite comfortable and convenient to the water.