“They were fantastic.”
Review of Akumal Dive Shop

Akumal Dive Shop
Ranked #1 of 25 Tours in Akumal
More attraction details
Owner description: The Original Akumal Dive Shop is a 5 Star PADI IDC center. The first dive shop on Mexico's Caribbean mainland. With over 30 years experience we offer the best from accommodation, tours, snorkeling and recreational diving to advanced levels of instructor training in Akumal Riviera Maya Mexico.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The dive shop was absolutely fantastic. They catered to everyone of my requests and made things super easy. I was able to keep my dive gear in a locker at the shop instead of carrying back and forth each day and the dive masters were flexible but still very safety oriented.

I have no complaints what so ever and I know that the next time I'm in Akumal I will be using them again.

theakumaldiveshop, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Akumal Dive Shop, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Hola divergirl414!
We will be waiting for you to come back! We try to make things easy for all our clients, after all you are on vacations! So now you know that in Akumal you will be pampered! Hope you come back very soon!
Thank you for diving with us!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,050)

Reviewed October 25, 2012

My daughter and I spend 5 days diving in Akumal, Mexico with Luis Condor (divemaster) from the Akumal Dive Shop. An outstanding experience, Luis and the other people from Akumal Dive Shop exceed all expectations at every turn. Great locations, excellent sea life, and even did our first night dive (I highly recommend trying it)!

Luis impressed my wife so much that she was willing to give scuba a try in Akumal bay under the close supervision of Luis.

Thanks to everyone at the Akumal Dive Shop, we will be back!

Hola Greg S!
We are so happy to learn that we exceeded your expectations! And it is great that Condor introduced your wife to SCUBA! He is indeed very patient and safety oriented. We hope to see you back again with all your family and I´m sure Condor will be delighted to take you with him again!
Gracias!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We dropped by to rent a snorkel and mask to see some turtles. Fast and cheap. Swam out, saw turtles where they said and it was very cool. Stop here for your gear!

1  Thank woolybooger
theakumaldiveshop, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Akumal Dive Shop, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Hola woolybooger!
It sounds you had very well decided what you wanted to do in Akumal and I feel great you didn't leave disappointed! (Well, in Akumal is 100% guaranteed you will see turtles anyway) but I am glad we did our part of the job perfect for you and that you enjoyed your time here! Thank you for recommending us and hope to see you again!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I visited Akumal Dive Shop to complete our open water certification. Our instructor was Jesus Rangel and he was the best. He took the time to go over everything with us and calmed my nerves on a few occasions. The course was scheduled for 2 days 9 - 1, however Jesus stretched it over 3 days so we were comfortable in our learning. On my last dive, I lost a fin and the dive masters took the time to go back out in the boat to try and find it. The entire staff were friendly ! We shall definately be back time and time again to scuba in the beautiful waters of Akumal with the excellent staff of Akumal Dive Shop - Emma and Trevor (Canada)

Hola Emma and Trevor!
The good thing about being on vacations is that you dont really have to worry about the time, or even what day it is... that is why Jesus takes his time, and although you are in a classroom a little bit of the time of your learning experience, you dont really feel annoyed... and that way we make sure you fully understand all the safety issues so you can enjoy your dives to the fullest! And we will always try to make you feel comfortable in your dives. Even if you loose a fin! So thank you very much and we will be excited to go back diving with you guys again! Hasta pronto amigos!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We just returned from a fantastic week of diving with the Akumal Dive Shop. Two of our divers had just completed open water certification with no salt water dives. Luis was our dive master, and he made certain that their first ocean dives were great. They had all the personal attention they needed to get weighting right and fix mask issues without being rushed. He then led us on some beautiful dives where we saw huge turtles, rays, moray eels, lobster, barracuda, and even the seldom seen underwater chicken (Luis is a funny guy)! The boat captains were great too...lots of help with gear and carrying tanks if needed.
Everyone at the shop was friendly and helpful. Francesca really went out of her way to help with a rental car issue so I didn't have to miss a dive to deal with it.
We also booked a fishing trip. Even though it was not Mahi mahi season, the crew made sure we still caught enough to feed six....several grouper, snapper, and three barracuda....cooked right across the street at Cueva del Pescador.
We love Akumal and will be back soon to dive again!

Hola lgldiver!
Sounds like the perfect family vacation!!! I am glad we were part of it and helped you in every detail so that you could enjoy it to the max. And you even had the luck to see an underwater chicken... unique species endemic of Akumal reefs!
We are so happy you were happy all of the time during all your activities! The sad part is seeing you leaving back home but at least you promise to come back soon! It will be a pleasure to be your hosts again!
Thank you!