“Very helpful”
Review of Akumal Dive Center

Akumal Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the Akumal Dive Center located in the main Akumal Bay, next to the Lolha Restaurant. We offer snorkel tours, rental equipment, scuba, dive classes, Open 8:00 AM TO 5:00 PM.
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Visited here twice just to rent life jackets and a locker, decent prices and the 2nd visit they had no lockers left so the guy behind the counter offered to look after our stuff for us, being fairly trusting people we let him and all of our things were safe and fine when we returned a couple of hours later. Thanks!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised that on the day we visited Akumal from Playa Del Carmen that I could walk up and sign up for a shallow dive for that very day! The whole dive plus equipment was less than $60. I was a little nervous as I haven't been diving much since I was certified, and even the times I had it had just been resort courses. I was happy to find that the other person going on the dive that day was also not very experienced. I was a little nervous about the language barrier between me, the other guy (Italian) and the Dive Master (Spanish), but once you are underwater it doesn't really matter anyways. Once the dive master figured out that I didn't really know what I was doing, he was very helpful it putting my gear together and helping me carry out to the boat, etc.

Some employees of the shop were pretty friendly (I can't remember names but there was an Italian woman working the desk who was very nice), others weren't really that warm. Our dive master was nice enough and we saw lots of turtles, lobster, spider crab, eel, etc.

The dive felt like it lasted the perfect amount of time and the experience left me wishing I could go diving more often. My next trip to the Yucatan will include me staying in Akumal and diving with ADC on a daily basis, and this time hopefully knowing enough to assemble my own gear :)

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were in Akumal for two weeks in April,I had bought an underwater camera for the trip and on our second time in the water the camera went dead,we saw a sign that they rented cameras and for 12 dollars more they sent a guide with you to take the pictures well worth the money,thanks Adrian!nice people,no pressure,fair prices.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Had a great dives with turtles and night dive was amazing! It was our first dives and open water
certification and everything went great. Thanks!

1  Thank Evgeny R
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Knowledgeable staff, good gear. Rent an underwater camera-the photos are much better than the throw-aways!