Our first stay in mexico and the hotel exceeded all of our high expectations.
We stayed in a junior suite which was plenty big enough for two of us with the sleeping area as well as a seating area. The setting in the jungle is amazing and the wildlife is much different to what we're used to in the uk but that's part of the reason to go. The iguanas, coatis and hummingbirds are all pretty impressive (spiders not so much but that's a personal taste).
The buffet is good and plenty of choice for anyone no matter how fussy, our waiter for breakfast and lunch was Manuel and he was amazingly efficient and friendly. He had our drinks on our tables before we had ordered them after the first couple of days. The chocolate table on gala night is a good example of how the hotel goes that little bit further than expected.
Alux and Maiko restaurants are both excellent and it would be hard to find fault with them. Luis in Maiko was particularly friendly and welcoming.
The hotel isn't on the beachfront but this shouldn't deter you as the transport system is excellent and is only 5-10 minutes on the regular trolley system. Plus once you get there the private section of the beach is excellent with regular waitress service for drinks.
The pools weren't particularly big but were clean and again the waiter/waitress service was excellent, particularly adriana and Carlos at the bar.
The animation team were also really excellent with plenty of activities to take part in every day.
Our only criticism could be that some of the evening entertainment was a bit cringe inducing but that's not what we go on holiday for anyway.
Overall it was the best holiday I've ever experienced and if you want a relaxing, friendly holiday at a beautiful hotel in a beautiful location then don't hesitate to stop here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 4 outdoor pools (1 with Jacuzzi) Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Transfer to the beach and other facilities on the complex (at set times) Water activity centre, Beach Club with exclusive bar (at the Grand Principe Tulum) Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby and in rooms (free of charge) 1 international buffet restaurant 2 speciality restaurants 4 Bars 1 snack-bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 420 rooms including 4 types: Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite, Deluxe Garden Junior Suite, Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suite. Deluxe Garden Junior Suites and Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suites are larger than the Junior Suites and the Deluxe Junior Suites. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Sitting area with sofa-bed and armchairs Balcony or terrace Bathroom with shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Bathrobe and slippers Don Pablo Collection amenities Alarm clock with iPod docking station Flat screen TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe Iron and ironing board 24 hour room service Butler service in rooms Private Jacuzzi Wifi Pillow menu Aroma menu Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings and anniversaries, as well as corporate incentive trips and conventions Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, BP USA TRAVEL INC, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Resort And Spa
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel Akumal
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'An Don Pablo Collection Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico