“A Royal Experience”

Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Akumal
NYC, NY
“A Royal Experience”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Just came back tonight from a 5 day 4 night stay at the Luxury BP Sian Ka'an. I could not wait to write a glowing review for this resort and its wonderful staff. The very second that we got there, the front desk was helpful and professional. We were greeted with margaritas. We arrived early and no room was available yet but Diego offered us towels to use the pool or beach, let us know that we can enjoy a lunch at the buffet or hang out at the bar. He gave us a map of the resort and circled where everything was. We were hungry after a 5 hour commute from NY so we opted for the buffet lunch. Food was plentiful and the best buffet I've had at an all-inclusive. The presentation was gorgeous. The waiters are fantastic. Manual really made us feel like royalty. Everywhere we walked to, the staff greeted us and was very welcoming. We stayed in the Junior Suite with the jacuzzi. It was BEAUTIFUL. The room was immaculate and our bed was adorned every day with a different towel animal along with flowers. The staff works very hard to keep the resort grounds clean and up to date. I've been to several top all-inclusive resorts and have pretty high expectations. This one surpassed every single expectation and I was simply blown away by the hospitality, the attention to details of every single staff member, the cleanliness, the amazing food and quite simply...the excellence that is present in every single interaction at this resort. I will definitely be back. I had an amazing time and felt very safe the entire time. At one time I thought I lost my camera and the front desk did everything they could to help me find it. They called the beach, the pool, the restaurants and helped me file a report. I felt very cared for and I trust the people at this resort. I later found my camera between the couch (guess it slipped in the crack). The next day, the front desk called to see if we found our camera. There is so much attention to details to ensure that we were happy and pampered. I cannot wait to go back. I highly recommend this resort to anyone who wants to stay at a resort that will treat you like royalty, with honesty, with security and lots of appreciation along with beautiful immaculate grounds and all the amenities, food and drinks you can ask for. Thank you guys so much Sian Ka'an for making our stay so special and memorable.

Room Tip: At least go for the room with a jacuzzi. More spacious and more outdoor space to enjoy the lush envi...
5 Thank kswcheung
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an for your vacation and for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to know that we met your expectations and that you enjoyed the hospitality, the attention to details of every single staff member, the cleanliness and the amazing food.

We really appreciate you mentioning the work of all our staff, especially for mentioning Diego at Front Desk; we will immediately forward your post to the correspondent managers for their well-deserved recognition.

We will be more than happy to welcome you again at Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Best regards,

Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an Don Pablo Collection

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,799)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2014

My partner and I went here for a 2 week holiday, and we would go back in a blink!
We originally booked into the Grand Bahia "Tulum" hotel to arrive and be upgraded and moved for free to there "Adults Only" resort Sian Kaan.

Sian Kaan is a 2 hour transfer from Cancun airport, and more a less based in the middle of a jungle setting.

Our room was more than beautiful. Flat screen TV, English move channel's, Free towels and sheet everyday.

We had our own private beach, which was a 5-7 min bus drive away. The bus's came every 5/10 mins also.

All staff were polite, The food was amazing ; one waiter called "Louie" in the main buffet room was just more than brilliant. He waited on us hand and foot.

Entertainment was also very good, after 11pm you would have to go to another of the hotels which we could use to drink,eat and party in as there was no more entertainment on after 11pm. The Michael Jackson entertainment was just brilliant and our favourite.

Over all we would give this holiday well over 10 out of 10 and suggest it to everybody!

Thank you!

5 Thank 674BeckyH195
Dear Becky,

Thank you for have chosen Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an as your hotel destination on your 2 week trip to the Riviera Maya, it was a pleasure to be at your service.

We are very pleased to read that you can’t wait to go back and that you enjoyed your room, private beach, shuttle service, the food, the entertainment, and the service of our staff; specially from Luis at the buffet.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again at our resort.

Kindest regards,

Stoney Creek, ON
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a week at the beginning of April on our baby moon. The trip was to be of a relaxing nature. It was unfortunate when I had come to notice that my under garments and bathing suit top had been stolen from my luggage while we had been away from our room during the day. It's a good thing the hotel has safes in every room to put your electronics and important travel documents away. When this situation was brought to the hotel staff/security's attention, they advised that they would need to search our room to make sure it wasn't misplaced. It was extremely embarrassing having a stranger go through your personal items to see if you've "misplaced" your own clothes.

I'm disgusted that they have people working in their resort that are going through women's personal suitcases and touching their under garments and stealing them right from the guests rooms. I would never think of a company as well established at this resort would let something like this go, only to contact us 2 weeks later telling us they are sorry this has happened and they hope we book with them again so they can make it up to us. Next time how about you don't have perverts working in your hotel going through your guests clothes!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Nicky M
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Nicky,

Thank you for choosing Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an for your baby moon and for taking the time to reviewing your recent stay with us, your comments are welcome and value.

Regarding the situation described, we want you to know that we keep strict control of all incidents reported and in this particular case; we can assure you that we have implemented all the security protocols established by the company. Also, please note that all our personnel is well checked every time they are coming in or getting out of the Hotel , in order to avoid that items can be taken away.

We would like to make a heartfelt apology that you got the impression that our staff do not give the proper follow up to your incident. I will not attempt to excuse the occurrences that happened during your stay, but I do sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to offer you a more charming experience.

Kind Regards,

Utopia, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We loved this hotel and all of its amenities, nice and quiet. Food was unbelievable, even in the buffet. All restaurants on site and at other hotels were spectacular. Love the "adults only" feature. I wasn't a fan of the beach area, pretty rocky, definitely need shoes. All the pools were really nice and clean. Rooms were great. Angel at the pool bar was awesome, making up different concoctions that tasted amazing. I would definitely go back to this resort again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Wendy M
Dear Wendy,

We are honored that you have chosen Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an as your holiday destination and it is great to read that this was your best vacation ever.

Thank you for taking time to write about your recent stay with us, we are really happy that you enjoyed our facilities, the restaurants, your room, the pools, the buffet and the service of our Angel.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope we can welcome you back for your next vacations.

Warm Regards,

Saint John N.B.
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I am a Privilege Club member and all I can say is WOW!. I have never been pampered like this before. I had my own lounger and cabana at the beach when everyone else had to get up at
6 am to book their loungers at the beach with a towel.

The food was awesome and I did not have any stomach issues all week.

The animal life was something I have never seen before, and I am on my 13th yr. travelling to the Caribbean. We saw lots of very large Iguana lizards, White-Nosed Coati-Mundi, Pelicans, Raccoon, and even saw one scorpion. Very cool.

I found the Sian Kaan very high end and beautiful but they need to trim the vegetation.My wife did not find the walk to the room comfortable as the area was not well lit and was overpowered by the trees and landscape.

With Sian kaan you have access to the the Tulum, Alkamel, and Coba resorts and I personally prefer the open beauty of the gardens and landscape at the other three resorts.

We ate at the Alux, Filet Minion was awesome but other meals leading up to it was not for us.
Maiko was good, Don Pablo was good.

That's about it. You can't go wrong with this resort if you go with an open mind and plan for a good time. Ask any question and I will try to answer. Join BP lovers on facebook, they have lots of tips for the Bahia Principe Resorts.

Room Tip: Don't bother upgrading the suites with ground Jacuzzi's. they are not private and the bugs w...
3 Thank Luvexoticvacations
PrivilegeClub, Manager at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear TripAdvisor User,

On behalf of Bahia Principe Privilege Club we want to thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an and as Privilege Club member.

We are thrilled to learn that this visit number 13th to the Caribbean exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed the facilities available at the other sister resorts within the Bahia Principe Riviera Maya complex as well as the exclusive facilities provided by the Privilege Club, such as the Privilege Beach. Your constructive observations on the Alux Restaurant and the gardens located on the side of Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an will be shared with the management for internal review.

On the other hand it is also heartening to learn of your appreciation of the local fauna, as it forms an intrinsic part of this destination.

We hope to welcome you once at the Bahia Principe Riviera Maya and that your membership continues to provide you with such memorable vacations.

Best regards,

Stephany Tavarez
Customer Service
Bahia Principe Privilege Club
Oslo
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I love this hotel! I would probably book this the next time as well. Mostly, because of the “adults only” restriction and the standard of the rooms.
Don`t book standard room! Book a suite if you are staying for more than a few days. The standard rooms are adequate but the suites are a lot better. It felt like a prison or cage on the small balcony with no table and 2 simple chairs. We asked for an upgrade the first day and were told that we could change the next day and were informed of the rates for upgrading. The second day we were informed about the rates for upgrading and told that we could change the next day and to come back later to confirm. We did as told but when we on the third day were told the exact same thing, my patience was over and I finally got to speak to Claudia who actually fixed a room for us.
We got a garden suite with a very nice terraces and a spacious bathroom. I think there were not enough hangers to hang your clothes. The closet was a bit small. Put some more shelves in there for better usage. Also, the room and bathroom could do with some more knobs to hang your things on and maybe a shoe rack? The beds were a bit too hard for us but we got used to them. The only thing we really did not like about the rooms was the spiders... The guys from housekeeping kept the doors open when cleaning, so we had to go on a spider hunt every time we came home, just to be able to relax. Other than that the service at the hotel was very good and friendly. The food was very good the first week but as always you get tired of the buffets. The food is almost the same in all the hotels. We regret that we did not eat more at the a la carte restaurants but we like not to plan our days too much and most of the restaurants required booking. The entertaining was ok but we could do with just the musicians not the shows. The guitar man played a mean “Black magic woman”.
Thank you so much for a lovely holiday! We`ll be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from the restaurant if you go to bed early. The suites are far better than t...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LenaTheres
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Lena,

Thank you for the time you have taken to share your experience during your recent stay at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an..

We are honored that you have chosen our hotel as your holiday destination and very happy to hear that you enjoyed the adults only concept, the garden suite and the service of our staff.

On behalf of our entire staff, thank you for your valued loyalty and we are all looking forward to seeing you again your next holiday!

Kind Regards,

Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed April 29, 2014

From the moment we stepped off the van our welcome and assistance from the staff was amazing, there is so much to see and do and this is complimented with excellent staff and servers, the resort is beautiful and we will return definitely. The food, the drinks, the activities, the rooms, overall it is a first class resort.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to activity pool are quieter and away from main area, choose villas numbered 16-19
2 Thank Doug R
Dear Doug,

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for choosing the Luxury Bahía Principe Sian Ka’an to spend your holidays.

We appreciate that you have taken the time to write your comments that are valuable to us in order to continuously improve our service and standards.

It is really rewarding to know that you definitely will return, it will be a pleasure to welcome you back for your next vacations!

Warmest Regards,

Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an Don Pablo Collection
Also consider these accommodations in or near Akumal
Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya
Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection
Grand Bahia Principe Coba
Grand Bahia Principe Tulum
Royal Hideaway Playacar
Royal Hideaway Playacar
#34 of 210 in Playa del Carmen
Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa

Been to Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection? Share your experiences!