We stayed for 4 days/nights. The resort is beautiful and well kept.
1. all adults (no kids) - Thank you!
2. Really wonderful food in the buffet. the custom cooked eggs, fresh churros and mini-doughnuts were a hit. I even felt brave enough to eat a sashimi sushi. Buffet had a very nice variety of foods and desserts. Would suggest a larger selection of Mexican foods.
2a. Loved the barbeque grill buffet at Hotel Tulum beach.
3. Very, very nice staff. Monica Juarez in the Hospitality department was particularly helpful in arranging a change to an airport shuttle schedule, even though we made the request close to her quitting time on a Saturday.
4. White sand beach with the 'sand bar' was fabulous - it doesn't get any better than Riviera Maya
5. The little shops at the Tulum hacienda were pretty cool.
6. Reasonably reliable service by the shuttles
7. The nightly entertainment was pretty good!
Downsides - and these are minor:
1. Not enough beach towels available around 7:30 am - 8:00 am. Gotta get to the beach early to get chairs under the shade.
2. Hotel is not located on the beach side of the road, although there are frequent shuttles, they did get a bit crowded.
3. I'm sure this is climate related, but the humidity in the room, especially after a shower, never dissipated enough to have really dry towels (we reused them anyways).
4. Our room had a mildewy kind of smell, also climate related.
I would love to come back and stay again. It's likely we would prefer to stay at one of the other Bahia properties so we can be on the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 4 outdoor pools (1 with Jacuzzi) Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Transfer to the beach and other facilities on the complex (at set times) Water activity centre, Beach Club with exclusive bar (at the Grand Principe Tulum) Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby and in rooms (free of charge) 1 international buffet restaurant 2 speciality restaurants 4 Bars 1 snack-bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 420 rooms including 4 types: Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite, Deluxe Garden Junior Suite, Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suite. Deluxe Garden Junior Suites and Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suites are larger than the Junior Suites and the Deluxe Junior Suites. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Sitting area with sofa-bed and armchairs Balcony or terrace Bathroom with shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Bathrobe and slippers Don Pablo Collection amenities Alarm clock with iPod docking station Flat screen TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe Iron and ironing board 24 hour room service Butler service in rooms Private Jacuzzi Wifi (free of charge) Pillow menu Aroma menu Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings and anniversaries, as well as corporate incentive trips and conventions Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Resort And Spa
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel Akumal
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'An Don Pablo Collection Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico