“Going back next summer !!!”

Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Akumal
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My girlfriend and I had such an amazing stay at this adults only resort.The moment we arrived we were so impressed by the ambiance of the lobby and the staff's impeccable service. The room we had was clean and had a modern decor. There is a minibar/fridge that was stocked for our convenience. Housekeeping did a great job in maintaining the room. The food at the Yal-ku buffet was amazing. We did enjoy the restaurant Maiko as well. Even though we are not close to the beach, there is a free shuttle that takes you there, and through the other Bahia Principe Resorts. We can't wait to go back!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Charles1919
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Charles,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your recent experience at our hotel. We are so glad that you had an amazing stay at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an.

We are very happy that you appreciated the staff’s impeccable service, the room facilities and the food of our buffet. Your comments are really important to keep our staff motivated and to improve every day.

We would be delighted to welcome you back next summer,

Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an Don Pablo Collection

There are newer reviews for Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Sian Ka'an is located in a lush jungle which gave us a very relaxing and tranquil feeling once we arrived. By far the Sian Ka'an is the best of the Bahia Prinicipe Resorts on the Riviera Maya.
Our suite was equipped with 2 A/C's and 2 ceiling fans, table, chairs and sink. Stocked fridge, sofa and extra chair. We also had a flat screen TV as well. The suite was very clean and well kept. Our bathroom was nice as well and had a large shower.
The beach is reached by the shuttle that go from the lobby reception area.
It takes about 10 minutes through the jungle, over the bridge which spans the highway, via the reception of some of the other hotels, past the Mikado and then you get there.
There were plenty of loungers and it was private for Sian Ka'an residents only. Towels are available at the beach or pools without restriction.
There were 3 pools - A quiet pool with no music and 2 others with some light music.
As for the restaurants, both a la carte in Sian Ka'an were fabulous and the main buffet restaurant was definitely one of the best that we have visited. In the buffet, Eglaydi, Emma and Victor were our angels and they took very good care of us. They worked very hard and always made sure that we had everything we needed. The a la carte restaurant Alux was outstanding, and easily our favourite. Ricardo, Jose, Jaime, Victor, and everyone else were very helpful. But first of all, Miguel Angel F&B Manager is to be congratulated as he does a great job of managing the restaurants and bars. The quality of food and the variety was outstanding.
One very special person is Claudia Novelo, who does a tremendous job of satisfying all the needs of the customers. Thanks Claudia for making our stay a very comfortable one. She is a great asset to the resort.
The BP Sian Ka’an is a quiet adult only resort. But you have access to the other 3 resorts Coba, Akumal, and Tulum. Overall we would definitely recommend this resort to anyone who want to have a relaxing vacation and don't mind the fact that the resort is not on the beach. In conclusion we had a lovely vacation that meet our expectancies and will return for sure.
For pictures see T.A. Forum BP Sian Ka’an “How did Sian get adopted by Leonardito”.

Room Tip: Rooms in Bldg. 7,8,9.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Leonardito C

Dear Leonardito,

It is an honor to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an. We would like to thank you for taking time to write so valuable comments about your stay with us.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the room facilities, the pools and food during your stay and really appreciate you mentioning our staff. They are great ambassadors of the service in the Sian Ka´an Hotel; we will immediately forward your post to the correspondent managers for their well-deserved recognition.

We hope we can repeat this wonderful experience in the near future and welcome you back at Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was my second visit to BPSK (first visit in May 2012). My fiance and I traveled from Toronto on September 28th, 2013 for one week for a week of fun, sun and jungle relaxation.

We stayed in a junior suite. It is pretty basic. Previously I stayed in a Superior Junior suite and it was way larger and had more decor. Overall the junior suite was fine - basically a less fancy version of the Superior option.

There is really nothing to complain about with this resort. The food is great, the staff are wonderful and the grounds are both luxurious and breathtaking. The buffet has a great variety and all the servers are so accommodating and bend over backward to help you have the best dining experience possible. Thank you to Luis, Ramon and Eglady for being so helpful and nice to us! This year there seemed to be more Mexican options in the Buffet which we LOVED as we are hugely into Mexican cuisine and when we go to Mexico, that is what we would prefer to be eating. The ala cartes are Alux and Maiko are good. To echo several previous posters, the buffet truly has the best food out of everywhere in the resort. The snack bar is also ok for a quick hit snack like cheese sticks or tacos! Tried Don Pablo at Tulum and I do not recommend it. Stick with the Sian Kaan buffet if you want the highest quality food on offer.

This time around I tried the TAO wellness center and I highly recommend it. Being an avid yogi there was nothing better than waking up in the Mayan Riviera and doing Yoga in the middle of the jungle, in what felt like a treetop.

We highly enjoyed the private beach for Sian Kaan residents and routinely used the pool facilities at both Akumal and Tulum. No problem with the trolleys to get to the beach - in fact I think the frequency of shuttles has increased since my last visit in 2012.

We did a quick trip to Playa del Carmen one evening via the Collectivo. The Collectivo (local bus) is cheap and gets you to playa quick. It costs approx $4 per person. You can catch a collectivo just outside of the hacienda at Tulum. When you are in Playa, beaware - the workers in the shops know all the wristband colors and will tell you they were your server in the buffet at Sian Kaan just to get you to come into their shop to try to sell you things.

I have stayed at several 5 star hotels and resorts in Mexico, USA/Canada and the Caribbean. Sian Kaan is definitely at the top of my list for best hotel experience. It is a hotel I would return to again and again. Based on the cost of our trip, the value for this resort is excellent. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank rayetoronto
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for your loyalty in Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an and for choosing us once again to enjoy your holidays.

We really appreciate you taking the time to send your comments about your stay with us at the Riviera Maya. It is a pleasure to read that we you enjoyed the room facilities, the buffet, our private beach and the service of our staff. Thank you very much for mentioning our staff, your comments really motivate them to keep on the good work

We thank you also for recommending Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an hotel and for advice to all of our future guests. It will be wonderful to welcome you again and give you the good service you already know.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We just got back from a week stay at Sian Kaan. This was our second time in the area and it was hard to not compare this stay to our stay last year at a different all inclusive. I thought the best thing about Sian Kaan was the food. The buffet had so many wonderful selections and the restaurants we ate at were amazing. The a la carte's we ate at were Maiko, Le Gourmet and Tequila. All of them were very good. Maiko's spring rolls were my favorite. They're filled with ground beef and served with veggies and a sweet and sour sauce. I had the best beef fajitas at Tequila and that's saying something because I don't really like beef. I got the sea bass with hollandaise sauce at Le Gourmet. I've had better seafood but it wasn't bad.
I thought the best service came from the wait staff in the buffet's and a la carte's. I thought it was average from everyone else. I called down to order room service and the man that answered was pretty rude. I told him we wanted the three quesadillas and he asked what kind. That threw me off because it clearly states the three kinds you get, I didn't think we had to choose. So while I quickly asked my husband what kind he wanted the man on the other end very rudely said "Helllloooo?!"
We also had a major issue with the staircases. It rained a little off and on while we were there and be forewarned, everything gets VERY slippery. They do try their best to squeegee the lobby and put signs up that it's wet. As we walked up to our room the first night we slipped a bit on our flip flops. I realize those aren't the best traction shoes so we took the stairs VERY slowly but my husband did slip and fall down about 3-4 steps one night. He landed quite hard on his palms but fortunately nothing was broken. He did have a very swollen and black and blue palm for a few days though. It did look like little strips of some kind of traction tape use to be on the stairs but is no longer there. I would highly recommend these be put back on the stairs for traction. We didn't think to tell anyone right away because I realize it would be hard to wipe down all the stairs every time it rains and nothing was broken so I didn't think it would matter and unfortunately I was right. The next day our Apple vacation rep at the hotel asked us if we were having any problems so we told him about the fall and showed him my husband's very bruised palm. He immediately called over to our front desk and then told us it would be remedied although it never was. After this we just took our shoes off and walked down in our bare feet. I wasn't asking for much but it would have been nice to at least have gotten a call from someone acknowledging this accident and an apology or asking if my husband was ok.
So overall our stay was good but I would say it is still a ways from luxury.

Room Tip: Away from the lobby if you go to bed earlier than 10:00 and away from the restaurants so you don'...
2  Thank Laura0021

Dear Laura,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an as your holiday destination resort and for makings us participant of your experience at our hotel.

We appreciate that you mentioned that you liked the food and the service of our restaurants and buffet staff.

We are very concerned to read about the inconvenience you had with the staircasses. Although, as you mention in your review,flip flops aren't the best traction shoes, we would like to send our sincerest apologies for not giving the proper follow up to your husband’s accident, we wished you had mention the accident directly to our staff, in order to give a solution in the moment. However, I would like to tell you that your suggestion has been very helpful and already passed to our Management.

We will keep on working to improve our services and trust so you can give us another chance to restore all your confidence in Gran Bahia Principe Hotels and Resorts. I hope this inconvinience will not tarnish your overall impression and deter you from staying with us. It would be our privilege to welcome you back in the near future, giving us another opportunity to make sure you have a great and unforgettable stay.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed here on October 10th for 2 weeks and couldn't find anything to complain about! Booked with Virgin and have to say that Grant, the rep, was very helpful and available during the stay.

Before Arrival:
I emailed Brisa who was extremely helpful in getting the a la carte restaurants booked (which I would recommend doing in advance if you fancy this, as there wasn't much availability left once I got there!) she also booked the Dolphinarium for us, however, I would not recommend that and I will touch on that later in the review...

On Arrival:
When I arrived I was told I would be sleeping in the garden suite for the first night (although I had paid for the penthouse) as there was a problem with it, however I was assured the next morning I could come down and get a new key, and the bell boys would sort the bags. This all went smoothly and so no complaints.

The Rooms:
The Garden Suite: as stated, was beautiful. Exactly what it says in the brochures and although I only stayed there one night, in the morning I woke to have coffee on the patio and saw a possum and other little weird creatures roaming about - very jungley and nice if you don't mind being surrounded by trees - however the garden suites (and their hot tubs) are all situated on the pathways, and although covered by shrubbery, you do not have much privacy in these rooms. Also the baths tend to get full up with leaves!
The Penthouse: I moved up to this room the next day, and was MUCH more pleased with this room and was glad I paid the extra to be three floors up (no lifts!) It was of course, exactly the same inside as the garden suite, with the added bonus of having a stone staircase leading to your private terrace. I was in room 40222 which I would recommend, as this had a beautiful view of the sunrise in the morning, and only overlooked two other balcony's. It was an extremely quiet room, no problems with noise pollution etc. Minibar restocking was excellent - lots of minature spirits, fizzy pop, plenty of bottled water. Room cleaning was excellent every day, however my one concern was the bathrobes - they were left on the floor thinking they would be laundered, but never got returned, even after asking at reception, which was a shame, but not a problem of course! The bed's are super kings - more than comfortable, if a little firm, but I saw people had mattress toppers if they were too firm for them :)

The Food:
AMAZING! The buffet was beautiful food every day - so much to choose from. Breakfast was mimosas at the door and then you could pick and choose where you wanted to sit, and there was so much on offer - all fresh and wonderful tastes - no baked beans or sausages as the Brits know it! All about trying new things though, and you can even have fajitas and churros for breakfast! Lunch and dinners were quite samey, but each night had a 'theme' and so had a twist.
The a la carte restaurants were okay. I went to Alux but it wasn't as exciting as everyone has made out to be. However, the welcome drinks are a nice touch, and the lamb is a must! With regards to the others, I wasn't overly impressed. The service as Mediterrano at Coba had terrible service - I had to remind the waiter to serve the drinks and take the order! I much preferred eating at the buffet on site, as you know what you're getting; great food and wonderful service!
The wine is not amazing - if you like your Pinot's then I am afraid the house white is a standard chardonnay, which isn't particuarly tasty. May be worth investing in $15-36 for a nice bottle. It was drinkable, and the cocktails and beer was good, so that made up for it!!

Room Service:
Experienced this a few times - nice and quick, but basic menu, all cooked up from (I presume) the pool bar. Mainly burgers, sandwiches, nachos etc.

Pool:
This was nice - only one open when I went there though, but was a quiet pool, and quiet it was! Drinks service too which is nice when you want to laze about!

Beach:
The beach buggies (long golf carts!), which are very efficient (however, don't pay any attention to the signs on them as the drivers will just shout where they are going!) take you straight to Sian Kaan private beach. The beach is lovely and Carlos in the bar was lovely and friendly. Martha was great at bringing iced teas at around half nine every morning! Would recommend getting to the beach before 8:30am though if you want a spot by the sea!

Staff:
The staff were amazing, all spoke good English and my favourite was definitely cheeky chappy Luis in the restaurant! Nothing was too much bother for them and they were all smiley and helpful at all times.

Entertainment:
Started about 8 and finished about 11ish - very samey, live singer or music and a few quizes/games thrown in. At 25, this seemed to appeal to people my parent's age!!!!! However, everyone who was dancing/sat listening looked like they were having a wonderful time :)
For more liveliness, try Coba!

Didn't try the spa but looked nice. Use of all other resorts, but Sian Kaan is by far the best! Dolphinarium looked cramped and busy - would HIGHLY recommend Dolphin Discovery (Virgin call their day out Virgin Ahoy, which I will write a separate review on, and this is a million times better!) Would also recommend visiting one of the Mayan villages and Coba ruins. Also, Xplor park is a MUST!

Room Tip: 40222 (penthouse) - away from it all, very quiet and stunning views of the coast/sunrise in the morn...
4  Thank SunshineFlowerYogi

Dear Guest,

We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an and we would like to thank you for taking time to write this review regarding your visit to our hotel facilities.

The comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are very important to maintain the quality at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an and we are glad of receiving your positive comments and detailed review on our services, facilities and hospitality.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and we are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again at our resort.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Went down to consider buying a condo on the far end of the property at TOA residences and stayed here for several days. I was impressed, as were other guests, with the service level, quality of food and varied options of visiting other resorts within the complex. The intra-resort transportation system was excellent. Seeing the varied wildlife and still not getting eaten alive by mosquitoes makes me wonder what they spray that doesn't harm the birds but keeps the biters at bay. Great attention to detail allows you to experience jungle settings and beach in comfort. Ultra modern architecture isn't my preferred style but it seems to work in this setting.

Room Tip: Most insect creatures do not climb steps, so if you don't want a little someone sliding through...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank upnewsonly

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an staff I would like to thank you for your positive review of your recent stay at our hotel facility.

We really appreciate you taking the time to send some valuable comments about your stay with us. It is great to read that you were impressed with with the service level, quality of food and that you enjoyed the transportation service.

Looking forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you again at Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

After having enjoyed this resort last March with a girlfriend I chose it for my birthday trip with my husband knowing that he would love it. He definitely did, especially the buffet. He had me cancel two of the a la cartes previously booked because he loved the quality. While there they expanded the seating area outside the lobby to accommodate more guests. It's nice to see that they are always striving to improve. The staff is friendly as always. It was great to go back. Thank you to the staff at Maiko for surprising me with the birthday cake and Happy Birthday song. The restaurant sang along. I was touched by your kindness. Thank you also to Claudia for everything you do.

Room Tip: Just ask they will do their best to please you. They excel at that!!!
3  Thank Colleen F

Dear Colleen,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an for your birthday trip and for staying with us for the second time.

We really appreciate you mentioning our staff, they are great ambassadors of the service in the Sian Ka´an Hotel, and be sure we will forward your comments, specially to Claudia.

Thank you once again for your time and your opinion, hoping to welcome you back soon.

Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an Don Pablo Collection

Also consider these accommodations in or near Akumal
Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya
Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection
Grand Bahia Principe Coba
Grand Bahia Principe Tulum
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort &...
#10 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa

Been to Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection? Share your experiences!