My husband and I visited Sian Ka’an for the second time Oct 4-18 2013. We really love this hotel.
Some o f the good things have changed. There used to be lobster at the buffet during Gala night before but not this time. Some of the High-end alcohol is now at a cost. Also for such a young hotel, the mattresses are getting old already. The shuttles were not as efficient as the last time we went, we waited longer than before, but still, we manage to get back “Home”.
The service is still the best we have found. Martha at the beach serving lazy vacationers at their chair is still amazing. Her smile and cheerfulness is contagious. We had service from another employee but it was nothing compare to the efficiency of Martha. She was also able to speak to us in a bit of English. She even went to her boss Maria for help when she needed translation for some words; we really appreciate both their efforts.
As for the restaurants, the buffet we always sat with Miriam and Hugo, that is were we got the best service. À la carte, Wilbert, Roque, Wimlhi were superb. These people deal with all kinds of guests and we saw a few incidents where the employees were not treated really well but still they were able to stay professional.
We will surely go back, as this place is what we are looking for when we travel.
Overall a great stay, if you have not been to this hotel before, you will love it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 4 outdoor pools (1 with Jacuzzi) Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Transfer to the beach and other facilities on the complex (at set times) Water activity centre, Beach Club with exclusive bar (at the Grand Principe Tulum) Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby and in rooms (free of charge) 1 international buffet restaurant 2 speciality restaurants 4 Bars 1 snack-bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 420 rooms including 4 types: Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite, Deluxe Garden Junior Suite, Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suite. Deluxe Garden Junior Suites and Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suites are larger than the Junior Suites and the Deluxe Junior Suites. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Sitting area with sofa-bed and armchairs Balcony or terrace Bathroom with shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Bathrobe and slippers Don Pablo Collection amenities Alarm clock with iPod docking station Flat screen TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe Iron and ironing board 24 hour room service Butler service in rooms Private Jacuzzi Wifi (free of charge) Pillow menu Aroma menu Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings and anniversaries, as well as corporate incentive trips and conventions Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel Akumal
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Resort And Spa
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'An Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico