Went for the sun and beach. Booked junior suite with Air Canada Vacations from June 9-16 2013
Was in room 2923 third floor near sushi bar. The room itself is small and facing lot's of full grown trees, the basic needs are there, king bed, tv flat screen, decoration mirror over headboard, bar fridge, safe box, coffee machine, small balcony with 2 chairs and great A/C. So far everything was great until we notice that two lights in bathroom was burned, open shade and dead bugs on window seals, one shade broken half way. Called front desk and customer relation and talked to Air Canada rep about toilet not flushing properly was told by customer relation that in Mexico do not put soiled paper in toilet, you have to put it in the trash can, that was not a solution what to do with the smell of the toilet. For a advertised 5 stars Hotel with the first name is Luxury I was not expecting this. Complaint about critters coming under the door into the room, little gecko and lizards, black bugs, had to put towels under door from both sides, it's normal they say. No full size mirror only the one in the bathroom over the sink. Ladies bring your hair dryer there is a small one on the wall not for styling. Not enough space for clothes, I used iron board for suitcase stand, too many bugs on the floor. Girl at front desk was great she send real suitcases stands. Beach was great just what I expected to be. Beach personnel all outstanding, very welcoming, only issues with not enough place to sit, to many towels left on chairs and person gone for the day. No towel card so people don't return them, they leave it anywhere.
If you walk on the left side of the beach until the third flag you will find a perfect secluded spot with 2 chairs overlooking the beach.
At the Buffet in the back left section Eglaydy and Emma was outstanding. Don't forget to bring lots of insect repellent and sunscreen is a must.
From my last vacation posting I would say the beach is more walkable, less rocky. Beach was better on this resort but as for us we believe food quality, plate presentation, room maintenance, hotel service quality I would go to back to Ocean Breeze Hotels Riviera Maya not a 5 stars but better in our opinion. Both are small condo boutique hotels not waterfront with access with sister hotels.
Received this reply from management:
(Our hotel, for standard, do not have full mirror in the rooms, unfortunately that is something that we cannot change; I apologize that my answer was not what you expected, it was just a joke. Also, we know that in many countries the toilet paper goes in toilet, unfortunately in Mexico don't; most of the international hotels fix the toilets to allow the paper in, but not all of them; and as an ecological hotel, we always provide in each room a garbage can and the maid replace the bag daily.)
Next vacation in October 2013 always a vacation is what you make of it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 4 outdoor pools (1 with Jacuzzi) Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Transfer to the beach and other facilities on the complex (at set times) Water activity centre, Beach Club with exclusive bar (at the Grand Principe Tulum) Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby and in rooms (free of charge) 1 international buffet restaurant 2 speciality restaurants 4 Bars 1 snack-bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 420 rooms including 4 types: Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite, Deluxe Garden Junior Suite, Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suite. Deluxe Garden Junior Suites and Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suites are larger than the Junior Suites and the Deluxe Junior Suites. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Sitting area with sofa-bed and armchairs Balcony or terrace Bathroom with shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Bathrobe and slippers Don Pablo Collection amenities Alarm clock with iPod docking station Flat screen TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe Iron and ironing board 24 hour room service Butler service in rooms Private Jacuzzi Wifi (free of charge) Pillow menu Aroma menu Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings and anniversaries, as well as corporate incentive trips and conventions Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Resort And Spa
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel Akumal
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'An Don Pablo Collection Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico