“So impressed we had to write a review.”

Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Akumal
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This was our second trip to Sian Kaan in 4 months. This time was for our 25th anniversary. We emailed about a week in advance to let the hotel know we wanted a certain building and a late checkout.
We began corresponding with one of the managers, Claudia Novelo. She assured us she would do everything she could to fulfill our requests. The day we arrived, she came out to meet us while we were checking in and made sure we had the restaurants we wanted booked.During the rest of our week she would check in with us to make sure everything was going smoothly(we did get a late checkout).
This resort is perfect if you want to relax and have some peace and quiet. The food is so good at Sian Kaan that the reciprocal priveleges at the other 3 resorts tend to disappoint.
The golf course is phenominal. At $80 per round (they also had a buy 3 get the 4th round free during our stay in December) it is also a good value for what is included, such as driving range ,club storage for your stay, refreshments and snacks served on the course, and a killer GPS that even lets you know where the group in front of you is.
The location is also a perfect jumping off point for excursions and daytrips near the hotel. A special acknowledgement to Eva who does bookings in guest services. She gave us lots of local info on some less publicized but great activities off the resort.
All of the staff were a pleasure to deal with. In fact I was told by the employees that management has directed them to talk and interact with the guests as much as possible.
We have been to over a dozen resorts in the caribbean and this is the first one we went back to.This really is a good value.

Room Tip: choose rooms around the main pools, not the sushi bar pool.
5  Thank TandD1988
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time you have taken to share your good experience during your second trip to Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an, Riviera Maya.

We are glad to receive such a nice comments about our service and facilities, we appreciate that you mentioned what you enjoyed better like the Golf Course, food, and the excellent service of Claudia and Eva.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and we are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again at our resort.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed here Apr 7-14
I could go on and on about this resort and all the perks that go with it, but you've already read them time and time again. Travelled with my husband in celebration of our 35th wedding anniversary. Perfect choice. We took advantage of the "stay at one and play at all". We could go anywhere, but the other resorts could not go to ours. We ate at every resort, enjoyed all the amenities, really, really enjoyed the fabulous private section beach with private bar service. The resort employees were wonderful from the front desk to the lobby bar, patio bar, pool bars, shuttle drivers and each of the other resorts. We gratefully tipped the employees, but it was clear that tip or no tip the service was the same. They treated everyone like special guests. We were really worried about the shuttle service, but that that turned out to be a non issue. There were so many shuttles going so many places, the longest we waited for any shuttle for the entire week was 5 minutes. There are so many helpful employees that we encountered and conversed with, I can't remember all of them and if i missed you I apologize, but we were enjoying ourselves too much to write down names. We do remember a few though. A very big thanks to Adriana, Gabriel and Leydi in the lobby/patio bar area. Whoever made those perfect spanish coffees in the late afternoon..yummy! They were the best we've had. Also at the private section beach bar service Sedi, Martha and Ana kept everyone hydrated ! The wait staff in the buffet, in particular Ramon, and staff at the Aulux and Maiki restaurants, Roque and Rigoroberto, you made our dining evenings even more enjoyable. Our room was lovely and modern, however no full length mirror to get dressed by. Just the sink mirror in the bathroom and a small round mirror at the 7 ft height over the headboard??? Don't know what you were thinking there. Clearly, no women had any say in the mirror choices for the rooms. A small complaint, but it mattered at the time. Also, this resort is promoted as a 5 star resort, and it definitely is, but for the quality and high rating they are promoting and bragging about, a better quality of house wine would go a long way. I purchased a 5 star all inclusive for a reason. On another note, we emailed the resort in advance and booked all our dinner reservations as well as a room request. It was perfect. Thank you to Brisa Islas for your help here. Great job !! This was our 4th trip to Mexico and 2nd time for this beach. We stayed at the Bahia Principe Tulum 5 years ago. It was all so beautiful then... and even more so now. We thought we might golf, but decided the beach was too beautiful to leave, maybe next time. Definitely a great vacation. We would definitely go back. Thank you to all.

Room Tip: This is not a wild place, nor a very big place, anywhere is good. We stayed in 1214 accross from the...
3  Thank J R

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an team I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback regarding your 35th wedding anniversary celebration at our hotel facility.

Thank you for mentioned that you enjoyed the fabulous beach, internal transportation, room and wonderful service of our food and beverage departments, we are very happy that we left a good impression on you. Your suggestions had been forward to our management so they can take them as improvements.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again for the 5th time in Mexico,

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Let me start by saying Wow, this place is paradise, we vacationed from Apl 6 to 13 an what a vacation it was. I would like to start by offering a big thank-you to Brisa, Eduardo, Vicky,Oscar,Martha,Lydia, for all the work you do to make everything right for your guest a big thank-you, also Isabelle from Transat holiday you are the best rep we met so far. We arrived late Saturday night and in no time our check-in was done and Dos Equis XX Cerveza was waiting for us!!! If you want to be greeted by a smily face this is the resort to go, everyone smiles all the time. We travelled with my wife's sister and husband who were celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary, they fell in love all over again, it was their first trip down south and what a trip it was!!!! The rooms were perfect superior suite with king bed was perfect, our next trip we will book penthouse suite with outdoor whirlpool tub a must for the complete package. We ate at the buffet for breakfast and you can find everything you want. For lunch we went to Akumal,Tulum, Coba and Sian Ka-an and the food you find is unbelievable everything you want is available. We had 5 a la carte reserved: 1 Seafood Frutos del Mar it was ok, 2 Tequila was excellent the service was great and don't forget to try the mayan coffee, 3 Mikado the best show in town don't miss it the food and show is great, 4 Don Pablo gourmet is also very good the duck is one of the best I tasted! Our last meal was at Alux at Sian Ka-an we were amazed by the service and quality of the food offered we had lobster tail's and they were very tasty, the level of service and the quality of the food in all these A la Cartes are the best we tasted in all our travels down south. The lobby bar offers hor's d'oeuvres every afternoon's and the drink's are all great. The resort is on the golf course and 5 minutes from your own private beach. The shuttles start at 7 every morning and there is no problem getting chairs on the beach. WI-FI is available in lobby for free and most of the time it works fine, I could even get from our room most days. The animation team is awesome and work hard and long hours everyday to keep you entertained everyday, special thank-you to Eduardo, Vicky, e moreOscar andDJ Puma for job well done. Now I have a few negative comment's to make: 1 The people who complain about no place on the beach and can't get reservation at the A la Carte restaurant you are complaining for nothing be flexible and enjoy your holiday's, and those of you steal beach chairs from someone else do like the rest of us get up in the morning and get your chair there chair's for everyone!!!!
The service we received from everyone at this resort was excellent and the staff never extend their hand for a tip!! We were very generous with our tips and never felt it was required. A big thank-you to Abraham our taxi driver to Playa Del Carmen he waited for us all the time we were there and also took us to Wall-Mart for some refreshments!!! Good price.
We will be back to this resort it is small and very friendly.
Thank-you
JC from Canada

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank jockgolf
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate that you have taken the time to give us your feedback on Trip Advisor of your recent stay at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an as your comments are valuable to us in order to continuously improve our service and standards.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the a la carte restaurants, WiFi, room, visiting the area and that you were satisfied with the service of Eduardo, Vicky, Dj Puma, Oscar, Martha, Lydia and me; it was our pleasure to be at your service.

We really hope this was not your last time in this beautiful paradise,

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Spent 12 days at the Sian Ka'an. Location was not an issue and in fact the frequent tram rides were fun because we met people that way. Penthouse room was awesome, pools awesome, activity team awesome. It is going to be hard to top this place next trip. May add more details latter. Kudos to Rob for his helpful tips. Claudia was amazing in facilitating our wishes. Would return in a heartbeat. The best thing I liked - waiter service on the beach. Staff were excellent in all of the Sian Ka'an resort.

4  Thank Warren E

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an to spend your holidays at the Mayan Riviera.

We appreciate so much that you have taken the time to write your positive comments concerning your recent stay with us. Our guest’s comments are vital for us to continue improving our services, and will certainly help us to keep focus on customer satisfaction.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again at the Mexican Caribbean!

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Let me start off with saying that I'm a fuss-pot at resorts.

Impeccable food. Best buffet I've ever had at a resort. I've been to about 10 resorts and this resort's buffet is truly missed. I actually try to avoid buffets at all costs but I always looked forward to this one's. They always had a multitude of different home-made salsas - all very pleasantly spicy and flavourful. Everyday they had a new kind of tempura. Their desserts were actually not only edible to me, but delicious. I can't say enough how great the buffet was, and I've never liked any other 5 star resort's buffets! Their a la cartes were awesome! Guests at Sian Kaan can visit the other 3 resorts' restaurants but the other patrons cannot go to Sian Kaan. I didn't go to a single meal that I didn't like. However, Dolce Vita and the Mediterranean restaurant were noticeably inferior to the other restaurants.

The rooms were so gorgeous! Very modern and spacious. These rooms are much better than the other 3 resorts on the complex. When I saw the other 3 resorts' rooms, they reminded me more of a 3.5 star resort ones (old and rickety) but Sian Kaan rooms were gorgeous. Don't upgrade to the penthouse suites - the only difference is that it's on the balcony and the Jacuzzi is moved up there instead of outside. That's it. Really. Not worth the upgrade.

I was surprised that I really enjoyed the shuttles! They were fun breaks in the day and they blast Mexican music, which was so fun. You will really like the shuttles and you NEVER have to wait. Maximum 10 minutes!

The reason why I didn't rate this resort a 5 star is because the bars close at 11:15 (latest). Many days they closed at 11:00 pm. So ridiculous. They say of course you can go sit at the outdoor snack bar, which isn't that nice. Or the disco, but the disco is so loud and full of teenagers. No lounge open past 11:15 latest. I don't know about you, but when I'm on vacation, I don't want to go to bed at 11 and they start shutting off all the lights while you are still sitting there. There's a few drinks in your mini bar but the lounge is nice for a social experience and to sit in a nice place and enjoy a few drinks. This is why I won't go back, unfortunately. I really did love everything else about it, but 11:00 is just ridiculous. When I tell people that, they look at me in disbelief and can't even believe me.

If you're looking for room service, this isn't the resort for you. I actually didn't miss it, I like to leave the rooms to eat but there IS a menu but just the smallest one ever haha!

Their customer service is great. Our shower drain wasn't working and they fixed it that night after I called and let the know. Also, our AC wasn't working but they fixed it immediately as well. Just awesome!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Seema1982

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an on Tripadvisor, your comments help us to maintain our high standards.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed the resort. We pride ourselves on delivering impeccable food, great buffet, good a la carte restaurants, beautiful rooms, excellent customer service and fun transfers; we are happy that you enjoyed all of these.

With regrets we read that the schedule of our bars was an issue during your stay; we apologize if this caused an inconvenience. Our snack bar is open 24hrs and you can get food and drinks all night long if you wish; your comment has been addressed to keep it in mind as a point to improve.

Warm Regards,

Best Regards,
Luxury Bahía Príncipe Sian Ka’an

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We just returned from the Gran Bahia Principe. Firstly we booked for the Tulum, however on our arrival we were moved to Sian Ka'an as were my parents. The room had a King size, felt right at home. The rooms were small but very clean and comfortable. The Buffets were all good but they should learn how to cook the hamburg meat. The A la Carte Alux was excellent. The Maiko was good. The Bad was the Mediterraneo, food was cold, yuky and the service was extremely slow. On our last night we ate at the Japanese on Coba and had a great time with the show. We had friends staying at the Tulum so we spent the 1st week with them. The Tulum Buffet, service by Anthony, Ricardo and team was awesome to us. The Akumal Buffet was also good food. None of us have returned not needing to diet.

3  Thank rumpunch44

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for chose Gran Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts to spend you holidays. We are glad to read that even you did not stay in the Tulum hotel as you booked, you had a wonderful time in our property and that you enjoyed the room, buffet, a la carte restaurants and our sister hotels.

Your comments had been forward to every hotel and department mentioned so they can congratulate the staff and improve the points marked.

Hope to host you again in the future,

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Magnificient for couples!! Very romantic! The sound of the birds near the rooms seem we were sleeping outside. We awake every day more or less early without effort to enjoy the sun at the beach or pools. The staff was very friendly and made always an effort to service us very well. I felt very pampered.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed impecable!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ana P

Dear Guest,

We are grateful for your comments regarding your recent stay at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Best Regards,