Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an
$312
$145
$141
Hotels.com
Grand Bahia Principe Coba(Akumal)(Great Value!)
$285
$392
  • Pool
Las Villas Akumal(Akumal)(Great Value!)
$149
$308
Bookit.com
$340
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
7,943 results
All reviewsother hotelsalux restaurantcenote snack barpenthouse suitelobby bara la carte restaurantsprivate beachrooftop jacuzzifull length mirrorgala nightdon pablosushi baran adults only resorttrolley ridedinner reservationsnever waited more than minutesbutler service
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Let me start by saying Wow, this place is paradise, we vacationed from Apl 6 to 13 an what a vacation it was. I would like to start by offering a big thank-you to Brisa, Eduardo, Vicky,Oscar,Martha,Lydia, for all the work you do to make everything right for your guest a big thank-you, also Isabelle from Transat holiday you are the best rep we met so far. We arrived late Saturday night and in no time our check-in was done and Dos Equis XX Cerveza was waiting for us!!! If you want to be greeted by a smily face this is the resort to go, everyone smiles all the time. We travelled with my wife's sister and husband who were celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary, they fell in love all over again, it was their first trip down south and what a trip it was!!!! The rooms were perfect superior suite with king bed was perfect, our next trip we will book penthouse suite with outdoor whirlpool tub a must for the complete package. We ate at the buffet for breakfast and you can find everything you want. For lunch we went to Akumal,Tulum, Coba and Sian Ka-an and the food you find is unbelievable everything you want is available. We had 5 a la carte reserved: 1 Seafood Frutos del Mar it was ok, 2 Tequila was excellent the service was great and don't forget to try the mayan coffee, 3 Mikado the best show in town don't miss it the food and show is great, 4 Don Pablo gourmet is also very good the duck is one of the best I tasted! Our last meal was at Alux at Sian Ka-an we were amazed by the service and quality of the food offered we had lobster tail's and they were very tasty, the level of service and the quality of the food in all these A la Cartes are the best we tasted in all our travels down south. The lobby bar offers hor's d'oeuvres every afternoon's and the drink's are all great. The resort is on the golf course and 5 minutes from your own private beach. The shuttles start at 7 every morning and there is no problem getting chairs on the beach. WI-FI is available in lobby for free and most of the time it works fine, I could even get from our room most days. The animation team is awesome and work hard and long hours everyday to keep you entertained everyday, special thank-you to Eduardo, Vicky, e moreOscar andDJ Puma for job well done. Now I have a few negative comment's to make: 1 The people who complain about no place on the beach and can't get reservation at the A la Carte restaurant you are complaining for nothing be flexible and enjoy your holiday's, and those of you steal beach chairs from someone else do like the rest of us get up in the morning and get your chair there chair's for everyone!!!!
The service we received from everyone at this resort was excellent and the staff never extend their hand for a tip!! We were very generous with our tips and never felt it was required. A big thank-you to Abraham our taxi driver to Playa Del Carmen he waited for us all the time we were there and also took us to Wall-Mart for some refreshments!!! Good price.
We will be back to this resort it is small and very friendly.
Thank-you
JC from Canada

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank jockgolf
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate that you have taken the time to give us your feedback on Trip Advisor of your recent stay at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an as your comments are valuable to us in order to continuously improve our service and standards.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the a la carte restaurants, WiFi, room, visiting the area and that you were satisfied with the service of Eduardo, Vicky, Dj Puma, Oscar, Martha, Lydia and me; it was our pleasure to be at your service.

We really hope this was not your last time in this beautiful paradise,

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Spent 12 days at the Sian Ka'an. Location was not an issue and in fact the frequent tram rides were fun because we met people that way. Penthouse room was awesome, pools awesome, activity team awesome. It is going to be hard to top this place next trip. May add more details latter. Kudos to Rob for his helpful tips. Claudia was amazing in facilitating our wishes. Would return in a heartbeat. The best thing I liked - waiter service on the beach. Staff were excellent in all of the Sian Ka'an resort.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Warren E

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an to spend your holidays at the Mayan Riviera.

We appreciate so much that you have taken the time to write your positive comments concerning your recent stay with us. Our guest’s comments are vital for us to continue improving our services, and will certainly help us to keep focus on customer satisfaction.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again at the Mexican Caribbean!

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Let me start off with saying that I'm a fuss-pot at resorts.

Impeccable food. Best buffet I've ever had at a resort. I've been to about 10 resorts and this resort's buffet is truly missed. I actually try to avoid buffets at all costs but I always looked forward to this one's. They always had a multitude of different home-made salsas - all very pleasantly spicy and flavourful. Everyday they had a new kind of tempura. Their desserts were actually not only edible to me, but delicious. I can't say enough how great the buffet was, and I've never liked any other 5 star resort's buffets! Their a la cartes were awesome! Guests at Sian Kaan can visit the other 3 resorts' restaurants but the other patrons cannot go to Sian Kaan. I didn't go to a single meal that I didn't like. However, Dolce Vita and the Mediterranean restaurant were noticeably inferior to the other restaurants.

The rooms were so gorgeous! Very modern and spacious. These rooms are much better than the other 3 resorts on the complex. When I saw the other 3 resorts' rooms, they reminded me more of a 3.5 star resort ones (old and rickety) but Sian Kaan rooms were gorgeous. Don't upgrade to the penthouse suites - the only difference is that it's on the balcony and the Jacuzzi is moved up there instead of outside. That's it. Really. Not worth the upgrade.

I was surprised that I really enjoyed the shuttles! They were fun breaks in the day and they blast Mexican music, which was so fun. You will really like the shuttles and you NEVER have to wait. Maximum 10 minutes!

The reason why I didn't rate this resort a 5 star is because the bars close at 11:15 (latest). Many days they closed at 11:00 pm. So ridiculous. They say of course you can go sit at the outdoor snack bar, which isn't that nice. Or the disco, but the disco is so loud and full of teenagers. No lounge open past 11:15 latest. I don't know about you, but when I'm on vacation, I don't want to go to bed at 11 and they start shutting off all the lights while you are still sitting there. There's a few drinks in your mini bar but the lounge is nice for a social experience and to sit in a nice place and enjoy a few drinks. This is why I won't go back, unfortunately. I really did love everything else about it, but 11:00 is just ridiculous. When I tell people that, they look at me in disbelief and can't even believe me.

If you're looking for room service, this isn't the resort for you. I actually didn't miss it, I like to leave the rooms to eat but there IS a menu but just the smallest one ever haha!

Their customer service is great. Our shower drain wasn't working and they fixed it that night after I called and let the know. Also, our AC wasn't working but they fixed it immediately as well. Just awesome!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Seema1982

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an on Tripadvisor, your comments help us to maintain our high standards.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed the resort. We pride ourselves on delivering impeccable food, great buffet, good a la carte restaurants, beautiful rooms, excellent customer service and fun transfers; we are happy that you enjoyed all of these.

With regrets we read that the schedule of our bars was an issue during your stay; we apologize if this caused an inconvenience. Our snack bar is open 24hrs and you can get food and drinks all night long if you wish; your comment has been addressed to keep it in mind as a point to improve.

Warm Regards,

Best Regards,
Luxury Bahía Príncipe Sian Ka’an

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We just returned from the Gran Bahia Principe. Firstly we booked for the Tulum, however on our arrival we were moved to Sian Ka'an as were my parents. The room had a King size, felt right at home. The rooms were small but very clean and comfortable. The Buffets were all good but they should learn how to cook the hamburg meat. The A la Carte Alux was excellent. The Maiko was good. The Bad was the Mediterraneo, food was cold, yuky and the service was extremely slow. On our last night we ate at the Japanese on Coba and had a great time with the show. We had friends staying at the Tulum so we spent the 1st week with them. The Tulum Buffet, service by Anthony, Ricardo and team was awesome to us. The Akumal Buffet was also good food. None of us have returned not needing to diet.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rumpunch44

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for chose Gran Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts to spend you holidays. We are glad to read that even you did not stay in the Tulum hotel as you booked, you had a wonderful time in our property and that you enjoyed the room, buffet, a la carte restaurants and our sister hotels.

Your comments had been forward to every hotel and department mentioned so they can congratulate the staff and improve the points marked.

Hope to host you again in the future,

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Magnificient for couples!! Very romantic! The sound of the birds near the rooms seem we were sleeping outside. We awake every day more or less early without effort to enjoy the sun at the beach or pools. The staff was very friendly and made always an effort to service us very well. I felt very pampered.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed impecable!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ana P

Dear Guest,

We are grateful for your comments regarding your recent stay at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Best Regards,