My sister and I visited the Sian Ka'an February 27th for 8 nights. Upon arrival the weather was changing and it was seasonably colder the first two days with off an on rain and windy but that did not spoil our wonderful stay at the Sian Ka'an. Everything was top notch.
My sister chose the Penthouse suite with Jacuzzi and I chose the Jr. Garden view Suite with Jacuzzi. We had emailed Claudia and Brisa with room requests and dinner reservations for the a la carte restaurants. All I can say is "WOW" our rooms were located in building 16 and 17 jungle side and we loved the location as it was quiet and serene. The rooms are beautiful and I loved the large windows and all the beautiful greenery. The patio is huge with a table and two chair and two lounge chairs. I never used the Jacuzzi but it was beautifully located amidst the beautiful trees and ferns. My sister's Penthouse had a huge terrace as well and an awesome room.
The bathroom was plenty big and we had enough storage. The bed was comfy too.
Our dinner reservations were at Le Gourmet, Alux, Maiko, Don Pablo and Arlequin and the food was out of this world and the presentation of food and the restaurants were amazing. The service was amazing as well. Our breakfast was every morning at the Alux and we loved the coziness of this restaurant. Alejandro made wonderful omelettes and had this contagious smile. Jose, our waiter, was so attentive and as soon as we walked in he knew I liked a mimosa and espresso and my sister champagne and espresso. Everyone who we came in contact with was wonderful.
We enjoyed the Lobby bar before and after our dinners and the drinks were delicious and again the service was wonderful. The Mayan coffee is delicious and seeing it being prepared was a wonderful show by itself. The waitresses at the beach was wonderful too.
We used the Sian Ka'an pool by the Cenote bar. We loved our lunch at the Cenote and that is also where we would get our drinks from. A very nice pool to read a book and relax. We also spent a few hours by the sushi bar quite pool. Very nice as well. Sushi bar waiter was very nice (forgot his name).
Spa at Sian Ka'an:
I had a hair cut and Margarita did a wonderful job. It is a beautiful spa with friendly people.
Tao Wellness Center:
This place is magical and is situated in a beautiful surrounding just a few minutes from the resort. I so much enjoyed my 50 minute Holistic Bodywork & Aromatherapy and the people at the Tao are very friendly.
We arrived at 10PM and our check in was quick and we were greeted with a delicious margarita.
My sister had a persistent cough and our tour operator recommended a dark honey that the Mayans make. I asked Christian (I think that is his name) who speaks excellent English, at the front desk about this honey and he said it was hard to get but when he goes home he would try to get it for us. The next morning he calls me that he has a bottle of honey for us. Now that is what I call service and going the extra mile.
Every shuttle we took to the beach, other resorts and luggage delivery/pick up were simply wonderful. The drivers we encountered were very friendly and one night one of them diverted from his route and took some of us straight to Sian Ka'an as it was very chilly that night and rainy. What wonderful service.
I have been to the Riviera Maya many times since the mid 90's and have stayed at various All Inclusive resorts and for me the Sian Ka'an is by far the best. My sister who eats at many upscale restaurants from NYC, Cannes, Amsterdam to name a few, was very impressed with the food.
Wow..the grounds are beautiful and we enjoyed our walks to and from the Lobby everyday. Such lush jungle.
We never went to the other resorts. After dinner we danced to the wonderful band that performs out side the Lobby Bar. They were wonderful.
*We had one minor incident when the resort had a boiler issue and we were without hot water for 1 1/2 day. We were able to shower at the Tao Wellness Center so it was not really an inconvenience for me. It all worked out great and made you realize not to take hot water for granted :o)
I would like to thank Brisa and Claudia for their amazing customer service and being there for us when we needed some advice. See you in April when we are celebrating my 60th birthday and our 34th anniversary. I know my husband will love the Sian Ka'an.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 4 outdoor pools (1 with Jacuzzi) Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Transfer to the beach and other facilities on the complex (at set times) Water activity centre, Beach Club with exclusive bar (at the Grand Principe Tulum) Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby and in rooms (free of charge) 1 international buffet restaurant 2 speciality restaurants 4 Bars 1 snack-bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 420 rooms including 4 types: Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite, Deluxe Garden Junior Suite, Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suite. Deluxe Garden Junior Suites and Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suites are larger than the Junior Suites and the Deluxe Junior Suites. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Sitting area with sofa-bed and armchairs Balcony or terrace Bathroom with shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Bathrobe and slippers Don Pablo Collection amenities Alarm clock with iPod docking station Flat screen TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe Iron and ironing board 24 hour room service Butler service in rooms Private Jacuzzi Wifi Pillow menu Aroma menu Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings and anniversaries, as well as corporate incentive trips and conventions Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BP USA TRAVEL INC, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Resort And Spa
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel Akumal
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'An Don Pablo Collection Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico