Vacation..stayed Feb 28 - March 7.. Check in was quick & efficient. Our room was in building 15 on the third floor. Our room had a comfy king size bed. Bathroom had large shower & single sink but the way the door opened it was hard to have 2 people in the bathroom at once. TV did not have VCR and you couldn't rent movies either. 2 1/2 days we went without HOT water.
Pools...water was cool in all the pools and the jacuzzis. Most days we couldn't get a lounge chair by the pools or on the beach. People would place their towels on them early in the morning. Beach was beautiful, Sian Ka'an part of beach was crowded. We had to lay towels on sand ceause chairs were taken.
Food..This is where the resort fell short for us. Buffets were the the same exact food & placement for breakfast & lunch everyday. Tried many restaurants..Japanese & gourmet were the only ones we enjoyed. There is a very short room service menu in which we did not use.
Bars...had a few drinks that were good, we prefer coffee & used the coffee bar often...enjoyed it!
Transportation..the shuttles did run often but many times were not going to Sian Ka'an.
Overall the resort was average for us, glad we paid what we did. Definitely NOT a 6 Golen Apple in my opinion. Have stayed at Dreams, Palladiums, Iberostars, Secrets and Grand Sirenis...etc so we are frequent travelers to MX.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 4 outdoor pools (1 with Jacuzzi) Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Transfer to the beach and other facilities on the complex (at set times) Water activity centre, Beach Club with exclusive bar (at the Grand Principe Tulum) Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby and in rooms (free of charge) 1 international buffet restaurant 2 speciality restaurants 4 Bars 1 snack-bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 420 rooms including 4 types: Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite, Deluxe Garden Junior Suite, Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suite. Deluxe Garden Junior Suites and Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suites are larger than the Junior Suites and the Deluxe Junior Suites. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Sitting area with sofa-bed and armchairs Balcony or terrace Bathroom with shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Bathrobe and slippers Don Pablo Collection amenities Alarm clock with iPod docking station Flat screen TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe Iron and ironing board 24 hour room service Butler service in rooms Private Jacuzzi Wifi Pillow menu Aroma menu Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings and anniversaries, as well as corporate incentive trips and conventions Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Resort And Spa
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel Akumal
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'An Don Pablo Collection Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico