Let me begin with the fact that I am currently at the Sian Ka'an as we speak. I've been on many travels and this is the first time I felt the need to make a review and while still here on vacation.
Me and my husband travel quit often and we expected more of this resort.
Our biggest issues with this resort is that we had NO HOT WATER for two days. I understand things happen and cannot be controlled but they did nothing extra to accommodate us. When we booked our trip we decided to upgrade and pay more for a room with a jacuzzi. Soooo, on top of no hot water for two days that also meant we couldn't use the jacuzzi that we paid extra for!!! So this was definitely a disappointment. Thankfully this was an adult resort because I can only imagine the problems this resort would have had if people were here with their kids and trying to get them to take cold showers without screaming.
The restaurants were a huge disappointment. We always look forward to traveling and enjoying good food, but not really the case here. Your better off sticking with the buffet.
Their are several pools and those were fine but not enough seats to lay out.
Theirs a private beach that a shuttle transports you, but the section is so small so you won't find seating and if your not seated in that area you will not be served. And if you walk up to the bar it takes about 25 mins cause they only have one bartender.
Internet service, NOT GOOD!!!!!! If you need Internet service because you still have to handle some business while away on vacation you will not get much done.
No entertainment !!! Besides one woman and one man singing songs. We do have the option of using the other neighboring resorts. We bought tickets for the Mexican show last night in the hacienda hotel and it was also a disappointment. Due to the rain they moved the show into a littleeeeeeeee theater and we were seated in the most horrible seats that all we saw was the back of the performs and that was asking for a lot.
I forgot to mention the garden suite with the jacuzzi is NOT a private jacuzzi. It is only covered by trees and bushes that's along side the path that everyone walks by, so if its not dark outside people can see you and theirs no privacy. And if any of the above levels decide to use their balcony when they look down they can see us in our jacuzzi so again no privacy!!!
Enough of the Con's , wish I didn't even have to name them
As for the Pro's of this hotel they are :
Adult resort, but you can use the other hotels , outsiders cannot use this hotel though!!!!!
New spa/gym but you need the trolly to take you.
Modern rooms/ clean
A lot of top shelf liquor, if you visit the other hotels this is not available to you, until you get back to the Sian Ka'an.
Service is pretty good
Nice beach( blue and green water :)
Air conditioning works amazingly!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 4 outdoor pools (1 with Jacuzzi) Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Transfer to the beach and other facilities on the complex (at set times) Water activity centre, Beach Club with exclusive bar (at the Grand Principe Tulum) Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby and in rooms (free of charge) 1 international buffet restaurant 2 speciality restaurants 4 Bars 1 snack-bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 420 rooms including 4 types: Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite, Deluxe Garden Junior Suite, Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suite. Deluxe Garden Junior Suites and Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suites are larger than the Junior Suites and the Deluxe Junior Suites. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Sitting area with sofa-bed and armchairs Balcony or terrace Bathroom with shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Bathrobe and slippers Don Pablo Collection amenities Alarm clock with iPod docking station Flat screen TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe Iron and ironing board 24 hour room service Butler service in rooms Private Jacuzzi Wifi Pillow menu Aroma menu Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings and anniversaries, as well as corporate incentive trips and conventions Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel Akumal
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Resort And Spa
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'An Don Pablo Collection Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico