“wow amazing beautiful resort”

Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Akumal
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Just came back from Sian Ka'an on feb 24 2013.
Best best best vacation ever. And i have taken plenty of them.
I recomend this resort to everyone great great food great service,great drinks,very clean every where luxury service on the beach i had never seen before.
you defanatly have to go to Alux restaurant A la carte just amazing service and amazing food.
even if its not on the beach this was not a problem the tram is always there the most i waited for the tram was 3 min and the ride to the beach is enjoyables and only takes 10 min beleive me this will not bother you at all.i was on the beach everyday from 8 am to 5 pm.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an team I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We are so happy to hear that his was your best vacation! We hope this was not the last time to host you. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the beach, great food, drinks and service.
We are looking forward to welcome you back next time at the Paradise!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

There are several bargain and economy resorts in this area but the Bahia Principe aims for a higher standard, and the Sian Ka’an is their top tier. The venues (pools, buffets, restaurants) are smaller and more intimate, and less crowded here. My wife and I found it very much to our taste. Our room suited us just fine. We faced away from the pools and the lack of noise was very conducive to relaxing and sleep. We particularly enjoyed the birds in the trees each morning. There were a few problems with our room but they were corrected within hours of reporting them. Staff seemed to be very happy and treated us well without exception. We regularly left tips but never got the sense the staff were expecting or seeking them. The food is typically very good and occasionally rises to exceptional. The SK house wines (South American Cab Sauv, Chardonnay and Spanish “champagne”) are quite quaffable, which cannot always be said for the other sites in this complex. Premium liquors are available at no extra charge too. The beach is OK for wading but we did not find any good snorkeling there. You can usually see some fish near the breakwater at the Akumal resort. The shuttles to the beach were frequent but added a slight annoyance factor to the effort, while shuttles to other resorts were usually a bit of a wait and sometimes hard to figure out; you always had to ask the drivers where they were headed. You needed to plan some extra time if you were dining at another part of the complex. The activities list seemed to us to be rather unreliable when you could find it at all. We enjoyed a tropical bird show and some card tricks by Conrado and saw one musical show at the Tulum resort. The latter was enjoyable except for the excessive volume of the music. Overall the few issues were minor annoyances and we have already decided to return next year. This is the first time we’ve ever done that at a Caribbean resort.

Room Tip: Try not to get a unit facing the main pool at the Cenote snack bar; it's noisy at night
2  Thank Marv1nM

Dear Guest,

For the Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an resort is grateful to read such a nice review of your first stay at our hotel. It is for guests like you that our resort remains one of the most appreciated hotels in the Riviera Maya.

We have already sent your nice words and thanks to the departments involved and in the name of the whole Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya resort, we want to thank you again for your valuable comments and we are looking forward to welcome you again next year.

Kind regards from the Mexican Caribbean,

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was our second time here, we were here last February as well. Our room was beautiful, Claudia set up all of our dinners and arranged our turn down service and a few other treats I asked for. I do not know how she keeps everything squared away, but our vacation was flawless. We met some wonderful people and talked to one gentleman who was closing on a single family house in the resort the following day. He said that of about 5 countries he and his wife had visited extensively, they choose this area and this resort to buy their retirement home.
If you are considering coming, here are the best tips I can offer.

1. You get a map of the entire resort on day one, keep it with you always. Although Sian Ka'an is small, the entire GBP complex is huge. There are plenty of trams to bring you around.

2. Schedule your dinners about a week out. The two in Sian Ka'an are the best in the entire resort. Arlequin is also good and the Sian Ka'an buffet on Saturday was fantastic. Mix up the other restaurants, but check menus first as some have similar dishes.

3. Go to the beach early, pick out your chair and eat at la Tortuga which has breakfast and is right next to the beach. If you prefer the pool, get your chair before breakfast because they will all be gone. Beach towels are at the little hut next to Alux restaurant starting early in the am. Try a different restaurant/snack bar for lunch near the beach every day. There are also a couple of swim up bars that are fun.

4. Tip early and often, $1 us and 20 pesos bills go a long way to getting overwhelming service. Bring tip money to the beach, it is really hot and hard to wait on you in the sand. Even if you are a cheapskate, you will be treated great, but why not tip well, it really doesn’t add a lot to your cost
5. Try to go to all the shows you are able to. Get a schedule from the front desk. They are included and fun.

6. If you go to playa del carman or Akumal Beach, take a collectivo outside the complex by the hacianda. It is no more than 35 pesos per person each way (about $3 us)

7. go the new TAO wellness center it looked great, swimming, workout room, yoga and free.
8. sign up for a short bike tour at the pool bar at 4pm.

9. play golf if you can, they do rent clubs and shoes if you don’t want to bring yours, everyone I talked to said the course was beautiful and challenging, I did not play again this year, I was just so busy with everything else.

10. if you book an excursion, check it out thoroughly before paying. We went on a trip to the Sian Ka'an Biosphere and didn't realize it was a 12 hour trip. We got shaken up in the 1.5 hour jeep ride like an off balance washing machine EACH way and felt like the loser in a 10 round heavyweight prize fight. oh...and don’t do something like that on your last day.

11. Relax, have fun and meet some great people.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms as far as I could tell except those on the ground floor with jacuzzis next to...
4  Thank jcenergy

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire Gran Bahia Principe Hotels & Resort team I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the reviews regarding your pleasant second vacation at our hotel.

We are very happy to hear that you relax, had fun and met great people; also that you enjoyed the a la carte restaurants, the beach, the Tao wellness center, the great service of Claudia and that you had a good time visiting around the area.

We hope to be your host again in the near future,

Best regards from Mexico,

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed at Sian Ka'an for a one week vacation and overall had a great stay.
Would I stay there again? Yes.

Hotel/Service
I liked the modern, simple and clean look of the hotel. The open lobby is really nice.
The staff were very nice and welcoming. Good service whether you tipped or not.
Even though the hotel was packed it did not feel over crowded. If you go you'll know what I mean when you walk in Akumal, Tulum or Coba.

Room
We stayed in a top floor deluxe room near the shallow/quiet pool section (smaller section of the hotel). It was quiet, clean, had a balcony and was not a long walk to the lobby.
The shower needed a bigger glass separator. Water just splashes everywhere.

The buffet offers a good selection and every night had a different country theme. The food was good but I did not find it extraordinary. Breakfast was the same everyday which can be tiring if staying more than a week. I wished the fresh fruit selection was more exotic. It was mainly melon. The a la carte restaurants were decent. Alux was my favorite. Maiko was ok (portions were small).

Also tried many restaurants at the other Gran Bahia hotels. The Mexican was my favorite and the others ok (some worst than others). I enjoyed being able to go to the other hotels and having a wide variety of restaurants to choose from outside of Sian Ka'an.

Beach
The Sian Ka'an beach is not bad (fine enough sand) and only a 10min shuttle ride away. It's clean, the bar is close and you get drink service on the beach. The reserved section is enforced. If you play a beach game you win a tshirt :)
The downside is the big sand bags acting as artificial reef to reduce waves. It was quite windy during my stay and the sand bags do their job. They are just not nice to look at. Other part of this beach area (all hotels combined) were rocky however.
There are some fish to look at if you like snorkeling.

Shuttles
This was the one concern I had with this hotel before booking (it not being directly on the beach). However, the shuttles come by very often and I really did not mind it finally. It's a nice way to go around to the beach and the other hotels.

Tips
Get towels at the hotel pool before going to the beach as the beach bar rarely had towels.
People reserve their chairs at the beach early morning.
Go check out Akumal public beach for snorkeling (fish and turtles). It's free [other than food/drinks, equipment (brought my own) and transport there]

2  Thank Jason L

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for choosing Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an to enjoy your holidays. We really appreciate you taking the time to send your comments about your stay with us.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay especially the facilities, the a la carte restaurants, the tram service the beach and the good service.

Thank you very much for your suggestions, we have already sent them to the departments of concern and will be taken in great consideration to ensure we keep providing our guests with the attention and services they deserve; we hope we can welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards from sunny Mexico,

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This resort was reccomended by friends of ours Maryann and joe who were staying at the coba and i would like to say THANK YOU, My husband,my self, my sister-in-law and brother in-law stayed at the sian ka'an from Feb 17-23rd We were greeted with a drink as soon as we arrived, then showed to the front desk to check in, The staff treated us like we were special, They were very courteous and friendly it made me think why did we wait so long to come to this resort, The bartenders and wait staff were great, helping us to pick some new and different drinks to try my favorite was the bullit(spicy hot) I would also like to suggest the mango margarita with double tequila(yummy)Hi Panama hi five to you! we then went to our rooms and WOW LOVED IT, Wich brings me to the man who showed such great pride in his work, the man who took care of our rooms, and made us feel like royalty,with extra towels and soaps,flowers and towel art, He left us wanting for nothing, Now onto the food, no one should be complaining they are hungry as there were all types of food from sea food to vegetarian, i have to say the duck al orange at the coba still makes my mouth water. Juan i haven't forgotten you! thank you so much for the champagne in our rooms and the tequila it was a wonderful surprise wich we greatly enjoyed, what could be better than a jaccuzi,bubbles and champagne ? ok staying another week would have been fantastic. i truly believe complaints about this resort come from someplace called imagination land, beacause in reality this resort is nothing but FANTASTIC.
So to end this review I want to say thank you to everyone at the sian ka'an for making our vacation one we will not soon forget and hope to repeat in the near future.
Mary-anne christoff

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us, we appreciate that you have taken the time to give us your great comments as they are valuable to us in order to continuously improve our service and standards.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed the check in, the food and the great service of our staff; that you mentioned Paloma and your maid is rewarding and be sure we will forward this post to them and the rest of our staff.

We would be delighted to welcome you again at the Riviera Maya!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

The resort was amazing. I was worried it was far from the airport, but the ride was nice. Great food, service and staff. The golf course was unbelievable. Everyone was so friendly not only the staff but the guests as well we meet so many new friends. I would recommend this resort to anyone. It far exceeded our expectations.

Claudia with hotel relation made all our reservations for restaurant and tee times for golf. She even meet us at the front desk and spent about 10 minutes on an overview of the resort. Our room was ready when we arrived early. The room was very nice.

Eduardo the activities person at the pool was great he made us feel at home and did a great job with all the activities. The bike tour was a lot if fun give it a try.

The ala carte restaurant are all very good I did not have one meal we did not like. Alux, arlequin, don Pablo, le gourmet, maiko and Maido, all excellent.

I played golf 4 times all tee time I went off at my time or early the course was unbelievable one of the best I every played and I played a lot. The course was very hard bring extra balls. Do not buy them in the shop if you need them ask the starters they sell them for much less. Some great holes and amazing views bring your camera.

Best all inclusive every email me with any questions.

Have fun if you go!!

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing the amazing experience you had on your recent visit to Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an. We really appreciate the time you have taken and the good review you had made.

We will forward your comments to all of our staff especially to Claudia and Eduardo who will be happy to read they made you feel at home and please.

We hope we can host you again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We just loved this place. The staff were so friendly, the architecture and decor - we stayed in the adults only Sian Ka'an hotel - were great and the food was excellent. Staying in this hotel allowed us to roam all the restaurants in the four hotels and although the buffets are all much the same, there is a great variety of a la carte places - Japanese, seafood, international. The prvate beach and bays are lovely and the whole place is spotless. We had no complaints whatsoever and would definitely go back again.

Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays
2  Thank Graham_Maggie504171
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

We really appreciate you taking the time to send some valuable comments about your stay with us. The comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are very important to maintain the quality of our hotel.

We hope we can repeat this fabulous experience in the near future.

Kind Regards