We travelled to the Grand Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an the first week of February for a relaxing vacation. We booked through Air Canada Vacations - which had its own hiccups, for a ten day stay in a regular room. I had emailed ahead of time to book a la carte restaurant reservations which were all ready for us when we arrived. After a long bus ride, our check in was easy and efficient and we were greeted with a welcome margarita.
Our Room was very modern in its decoration and well appointed - free large safe, a fridge that included a few small bottles & mini bar. Shower only in the very nice bathroom - lots of towels, but no washcloths. Flat screen TV in the room with a few English channels - CNN and BBC news to keep up on what was happening in the world. We got a different towel animal each day on our king size bed which one day was covered in flower petals.
The food was excellent - I've been to many all inclusives and would say that it was the best of them so far. We did a different a la carte each night, but would have been happy with the buffet - lots of choices and we certainly didn't suffer, nor did we get sick which is a first I think. We both liked Maiko, thought Alux was okay but not great - he liked Gran Tortuga - while I think I liked the Arlequin better. We both enjoyed the sushi both at the sushi bar and the buffet.
I spent each morning at the beach enjoying the turquoise water and white sand while my boyfriend golfed. The shuttle to the beach is not a problem - we came back to the main pool each day around 2 to 3 pm when the activity staff moved over from the beach. The beach was beautiful - but then the sand bags don't bother me. Nice to not have to do the towel dance with towel cards..... beach bar was busy but they also came around and took drink orders which was nice : ) They stop serving mixed drinks at the pool bar around 4:45 each day which was a bit of a drag as I don't like beer.
My boyfriend is a golfer and golfed four times - paid $240 for the four rounds for the carts. He liked the driving range and the course and enjoyed most of his golf companions. He said that he got great service from Alfredo at the course. He did lose lots of balls....... like others have posted.
So - suggestions? Not much in the shop to purchase. I wish they had hooks in the women's washroom stalls to hang towels, etc. on. The spa was okay, but expensive (I had a pedicure and a massage - was stiff for days!)
We had a wonderful trip and can't wait to go back. Maybe two weeks this time????
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 4 outdoor pools (1 with Jacuzzi) Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Transfer to the beach and other facilities on the complex (at set times) Water activity centre, Beach Club with exclusive bar (at the Grand Principe Tulum) Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby and in rooms (free of charge) 1 international buffet restaurant 2 speciality restaurants 4 Bars 1 snack-bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 420 rooms including 4 types: Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite, Deluxe Garden Junior Suite, Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suite. Deluxe Garden Junior Suites and Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suites are larger than the Junior Suites and the Deluxe Junior Suites. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Sitting area with sofa-bed and armchairs Balcony or terrace Bathroom with shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Bathrobe and slippers Don Pablo Collection amenities Alarm clock with iPod docking station Flat screen TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe Iron and ironing board 24 hour room service Butler service in rooms Private Jacuzzi Wifi (free of charge) Pillow menu Aroma menu Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings and anniversaries, as well as corporate incentive trips and conventions Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, BP Travel USA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Resort And Spa
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel Akumal
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'An Don Pablo Collection Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico