“I do not regret choosing this resort”

Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Akumal
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Bahia Principe consists of four resorts named: Tulum, Akumal, Coba, and Sian Ka'an. The Sian Ka'an is most definitely the nicest of the four and is also the newest complex. The design of the Sian Ka'an is much more upscale and trendy. It was less crowded and there were no children due to it being 18+.

First impressions were very good. We were greated with welcome cocktails (a delicious margarita) before we even became checked in. Check in was smooth and we were taken right to the villa/room on a sort of extended golf cart. We did not have to carry our luggage, not that I would have cared.

The room was also upscale in appearance; marble, tile, artwork and such. There was a sort of living space, kitchen with a sink and fridge (stocked daily with free drinks and snacks) and then the bedroom portion -- all connected open-concept. The bed seemed kind of hard at first but it was actually super comfortable. The bathroom was not cramped and was fashioned with marble, tile and glass. Lots of hot water. The toilet would run and we would have to fiddle with the handle to get it to stop.

We had a bottom floor suite, which included the terrace equipped with lounge chairs and a table with chairs, and a jacuzzi. Most of the jacuzzi's I observed were concealed by purposely placed vegetation, but ours was not as private as others and those walking by could definitely see us. The Jacuzzi you fill by yourself by turning taps on the platform. It was easy. Several times during our stay I witnessed cleaning staff thoroughly cleaning jacuzzi's from other suites out and I am pretty sure they clean them not just after check out but also whenever you have your room cleaned during the duration of stay (as evidence from ours suggested).

Entry to the terrace is through sliding doors, from both the living space and the bedroom area. The only complaint about the room was that the pull strings for the blinds were beeded, and one of them was already jammed. I was not able to fix it myself but did not bother seeking assistance. Oh also, the alarm clock worked but once you hit snooze the second alarm doesn't sound normally and instead faintly buzzes (easy to sleep through).

Cleaning service can be evoked or withheld by placing a card on the handle of your door. The card seems to come off easily and one day our room was cleaned when we had not wanted it to because the card had blown off. There is a safe in the room and we had no problems with things going missing.

According to the welcome package, all the water at the Bahia Principe is drinkable because they have their own purification system in place. We had no issues doing this. WiFi was available in our room but sometimes it didnt work or was slow. It was also not secured.

The food was mostly amazing! The buffet at the lobby, serving breakfast lunch dinner, always had a great selection and great presentation. Some of the choices were consistant everyday but there were also new things to try as well. I noticed however that only on the first morning there was regular milk available. All the other days only the low-calorie milk or soy was on hand. When you are seated there are servers who do come by to provide you extra things like tea and extra utensils. They are happy to bring you Mamosas in the morning or Mojitos in the evening, etc :)

HELPFUL TIP: At breakfast, don't self-serve yourself the orange juice. It tastes kind of watery and its not very cold. Plus the glasses they provide you are tiny. If you ask your server for orange juice, they will bring you some thats delicious and cold in a taller glass.

A nice thing about staying at the Sian Ka'an is that you get unlimited entry to the restaurants on ALL of the Bahia Principe resorts. (Other Bahia guests cannot dine at or visit Sian Ka'an) Generally the restaurants were all very good. House wines and champagne are included in the all-inclusive at all restaurants, but expensive alternate wine choices are also available.

I would have to say the restaurants I ENJOYED THE LEAST were...

Don Pablo (Tulum) - Some of the dishes seemed bland, boring or absurd and they used a different, more bitter champagne than the other restaurants. OH but they had the best creme brulee out of the other one or two restaurants that serve creme brulee as well.

Alux (Sian Ka'an) - It was supposed to be the best restaurant, but I actually didnt feel that impressed. The descriptions were sort of deceiving as to what you were actually getting. The portions were bizarre. Every single course I had was a disappointment. For instance, my soup was cold. Well, I don't mean cold like it had been refrigerated, but it wasn't warm like it was in the sun either. It was like biting into a tomato that you just grabbed off the shelf at a grocery store sort of temperature. But I assume it was supposed to be like that? I don't understand why. It would have been better hot or even warm.

I remember really liking the Mexican restaurant called Tequila (Tulum). Not as fancy as some of the other places and some of the courses were self-serve but it was really good food. We didn't go to any of the Italian places. The one called Arlequin (Akumal) was just okay. And Maiko (Sian Ka'an) was just all right too (though not exactly Japanese like it claimed). The meditteranean one (Coba) was great. I think the "Le Gourmet" one (Coba) was also pretty good.

I have to say, the staff at Bahia Principe and especially Sian Ka'an are extremely helpful and courteous. This was my first time traveling to Mexico so this may not be an observation specific to the Bahia Principe, but the only other resort I have been to was a 4.5 star in Cuba and the staff there barely even looked at you. You really had to get in their face to get anything. THIS WAS NOT THE CASE AT SIAN KA'AN! Everyone was all smiles. Everyone said Hola or Hello and asked how you were and what you needed. I FELT VERY WELCOMED. It really made a difference. And the drinks! Oh my goodness they will make all kinds of drinks -- on or off their menus. And 90% of the time they really put in the effort and care to make them. Quite the change from the one or two mundane choices I had in Cuba which were basically just slushies from a machine with rum added to them. I never experienced this kind of service and selection at a resort. So if this doesn't normally happen in Mexico either, then the Bahia Principe is an exceptional place to go.

So here are the not so great parts about Bahia Sian Ka'an.

The Sian Ka'an complex is located away from the other ones, on the other side of the highway and in a secluded area. This could be ideal for some, but realize that the Sian Ka'an complex is NOT located on the beach. In order to get to the beach you must board a sort of shuttle at the lobby. The shuttles are sort of like extended golf carts, with another golf cart hinged to it as well. They are kind of loud; not only their engines (sometimes) but the creakiness of their bodies (all of them). Much different than what we took to get to our villa/room after check in. There is also a second type of shuttle that is bulky and blue, just as loud and not very pretty to look at.

The shuttles generally arrive regularly, within minutes of each other. They can take you to the other complexes too and not just the Beach. The drivers are attentive and diligent in assisting guests reaching the destinations that they want. I should mention now that getting to the Tulum complex is much more challenging and time consuming than the other locations, because only the ugly blue one will take you there and it arrives way less frequently. So if you make a dinner reservation in Tulum plan to leave half an hour early. Getting to the Coba lobby is the fastest of all.

Only the Tulum and Akumal complexes are on the beach. Sian Ka'an does fortunately have a designated beach area that is for Sian Ka'an guests only. Getting there takes about 5-10 minutes by shuttle. The beach area does have a bar, but no snacks. The beach area is small and getting lounge chairs can be tough. On a positive note there are little palapas and there is also a server making rounds too.

There are HIDEOUS giant sand-bags along the shoreline, just off the shore. I assume its to block waves or whatever but it really ruins the scenery. They are UGLY. You sort of have to swim around them to get out into the water. Also the beach itself was nice with white sand, but right when you get into the water its particularly rocky until you get further out. And even there it does have rocky patches.

On a neutral note, depending how you want to look at it, the Sian Ka'an beach area is directly next to the water activity rental place (kayaks, catamarans, jetskis etc) and is also close to the Dolphin tank where you can swim with dolphins or whatever (I did not try this as I did the dolphin thing in Cuba previously). There is a bathroom close by as well.

As I mentioned there is no snack bar at the beach so we walked along the shore to the snack bar located in the Tulum complex for lunch. It was awful. It was a buffet but it was really low quality food like hot dogs you put together yourself. I don't mean to sound snobby, but when you eat lunch at the Sian Ka'an snack bar then eat Lunch at Tulum's snack bar you've gone from regal to peasant. It really was like eating 1-star resort food. We abandoned our meals halfway through. Anyone off the street could have cooked that quality of food. There was however a self-serve ice cream dispenser and that was really awesome.

The items in the gift shops are a tad overpriced. You would think that in Mexico you would get a bang for your buck but this is not the case in the resort areas. There is also a separate place in the Bahia Principe called the Hacienda which have non-Bahia affiliated merchants who sort of rip you off. I was interested in this one exquisite chess set. It really was amazing. It must have weighed 20 pounds. A wooden folding case with a stone-tiled board of the Mayan calendar. It was huge. It held large stone pieces 5 inches tall shaped and detailed into actual figures of men etc. The guy wanted $200 dollars at first, but knocked it down to $180. Here in Canada, it would actually probably cost that much in a store. A few days later someone else was selling basically the exact same one at a different stand and they only wanted $100 for it. What a difference.

I think that is basically it. Checkout was a breeze. If you are considering the Bahia Principe I would say Sian Ka'an is the best choice, especially if you are older (though I am in my 20s) or like a more quiet sort of getaway. The quality of Sian Ka'an is noticeably higher than the others.

If you want a more involved and active resort, go with Coba. Even though it is not on the beach either, it definitely felt like it was of more quality than the remaining 2. If beach is a must you should probably read other reviews. Akumal seemed nicer than Tulum, but I was told that Tulum has a better beach than Akumal does.

Thanks for reading my review. I hope the depth and detail was appreciated.

THE GOOD:

Sian Ka'an is more new/quiet/trendy than the other resorts in the Bahia Principe. The staff are friendly/amazing/courteous/helpful. Very welcoming feeling. Great suites. Great Buffet. WiFi everywhere within Sian Ka'an, including suites.

THE BAD:

The two restaurants at the Sian Ka'an are not as good as ones from other resorts in the Bahia Principe, and Sian Ka'an is situated away from them and the beach. Noisy shuttle rides are required to do much of anything. The designated beach is a bit rocky in the water.

THE UGLY:

The Bahia Principe's beaches have giant hideous sandbags in the water. More attractive shuttles would be nice. There's a lot of filthy tourists who smoke everywhere.

Room Tip: If you choose the Junior Suite Superior Garden it means you are on the ground floor, have the walk o...
8  Thank Chibikun
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for trusting Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts for your holidays as thank you for spend your time to share your impressions. As a customer satisfaction orientated company, it is always a pleasure reed constructive comments as the ones you have kindly sent.

We really appreciate you are mentioning the work of our employees, the good food of our buffet, the smooth check in and check out, and the upscale room you had. It really incentive and encourages us to keep working and improving day by day.

Also thank you for bring to our attention the points where we can improve, be sure that will be reviewed with the all different departments and we will take immediate an appropriate action for every detail you have described.

Kid regards from the Mexican paradise,

Luxury Bahía Príncipe Sian Ka’an

Write a ReviewReviews (7,531)

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I wrote my first review on day 3 of a 9 day stay at this amazing resort. I thought I had experienced enough already to write a very happy review, then it got even better! Here is the text of my first review :
...
3 days into a 9 day stay, and I've already got enough comments to write a VERY happy review! So far almost all our experiences have been great, and I see no reason why it won't keep going that way.

Check in: very fast, bell service with the golf cart to our room very quick.

Room: Not the 'luxury' style that many North Americans might be used to, rather a very modern European styling. Second floor furnishings were a minor disappointment with no couch in the seating area, but the a/c and dual fans make it the most comfortable room my wife has ever stayed in (over 12 different all-in vacations over the years) Bed was AWESOME. Luggage storage a bit of a problem, if bed frame was a little taller, would help a lot, or offer empty luggage storage. Maintenance requests were handled VERY promptly.

Food: exceptional so far except that the asian restaurant didn't take into account that they served my wife zucchini (might have been in the garnish/vegetables) after being told she was allergic, that was a very rough night in the bathroom for her. Restaurants do fill up quickly so book soon. Public relations staff provide awesome service, even suggesting I call from the beach to see if a cancellation comes up for a different seating that same day.

Beach: Very quick shuttle ride. Private area very quiet, located beside the watersports center, bar/chair service EXCEPTIONAL. If you want to book a catamaran, be a reasonably proficient sailer, it's a bit tricky getting away from the beach through a narrow channel with the onshore breeze.

I normally mention certain staff by name when they provide great service, but I would have to copy/paste their staff directory to do that here, they are all so wonderful.

Haven't booked an excursion yet, but it's hard to justify leaving this wonderful resort! Time for breakfast and more sailing now!

**So here is the rest of the review**

This resort has set the new standard for excellence in service! Not long after posting my original review, I received a call from Claudia at the front desk. Using a bit of creative detective work, they very quickly figured out who I was and that I was still at the resort. After profusely apologizing about the zucchini issue at the restaurant, and assurances that they would be investigating why it happened, we were given a lovely room upgrade, all our dinner reservations had notations made about my wife's allergy, and we got a letter from the resort to use at any restaurant or buffet to alert the staff about her allergy.

If you've read other reviews about this resort, Claudia's name comes up often as the go-to person for helping guests, and her reputation is very well deserved. She gave us the option of three different main floor suites (all with hot tubs!) and let us into them so we could decide which we liked best (Building 8 FTW! room 803!) She had a bellman at our room right when we said we would be ready, and the move went wonderfully! (Thanks Leopoldo!)

We thoroughly enjoyed all the restaurants we ate at, Don Pablo, Tequila (could have made a meal of the appetizer tacos!), Mikado (get a performance table if you can!), the Brazilian restaurant (meat served on swords!), and Alux (should not have saved that for the last night, would have eaten there at least 2 more times!).

Being from Alberta, I am (justifiably) particular about beef. I was so amazed at the quality and flavour of all the beef dishes I enjoyed, it was a real treat!

Again, all the staff are so amazing, I'm feeling a little guilty I won't get all their names here, but a few still managed to stand above an already high standard. Jesus (beach and lobby bar) was the best bartender I encountered on all four properties (and I encountered a few :D ), with Angel a close second (when a man sings while he's mixing drinks, you know he's loving his job and it shows!) ALL the beach and lobby bar wait staff are great, I wish my son was old enough to date Paloma (sorry, probably spelled that wrong). Aurora behind the breakfast grill always had the big morning smile that was a great way to start the day, and Mario who got me hooked on Huevos rancheros and made them for me every time I asked for them (which was most days!) Carlos in the buffet and Cenote snack bar is about a cheerful as they come, and made me feel like he was always happy to see me, even if I didn't need anything from him. "Muy loco" Allejandro driving the shuttle went out of his way on more than on occasion to get me where I wanted to go, whether he drove me himself, or co-ordinated a transfer to another shuttle as we passed. I even want to mention Gladys who was on the buffet cleaning staff. I didn't deal with her directly, but she was always whipping around the buffet keeping things clean I swear she manged to sweep up some food bits before they even hit the ground!

This resort is not a major party place, although the night time entertainment suited us very well, we danced in the lobby almost every night, and the live band and DJ were great at handling our requests. You can easily find lots of excitement at the other three properties, but when you're done with the party, Sian Ka'An is THE place to come back to and charge your batteries for the next day.

Room Tip: Rooms around the Sushi bar are VERY quiet, although somewhat detached from the main resort area. Th...
7  Thank Dutchpirate

Dear Guest,

For the management of Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an it is a pleasure to hear from you again and to met you in person during your vacations.

Thank you for your wonderful new review about your stay, it will be forward to our entire staff. I am sure they will be honor to read some of their names on it.

Thank you for your time and comments, hoping to host you here in a near future,

Best Regards,

Luxury Bahía Príncipe Sian Ka’an

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Got a great deal on this property in October 2012 just prior to it going couples only. Very quiet and the food was extremely gourmet. Enjoyed the shuttle rides to other resorts in the complex, allowing us to converse with either the driver or other travellers. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Took three tours during our stay. Ek Balam, Coba and XCaret. All very interesting, culturally enlightening and fun packed.

Enjoyed many leisurely days on the private Sian Kaan beach, as well as by the pool. Carlos, the bartender by the pool, makes the best mojitos. I don't even like mojitos and these went down way too easy!

Took an afternoon bike tour to the resort spa with one of the entertainment crew. Nice swim to cool down. Took a leisurely walk along the golf course and witnessed lots of wildlife and interesting vegetation.

Would go back in a heartbeat and I honestly can't say that about the numerous other five star resorts we have been to in and around the Caribbean. You will LOVE the food at the buffet!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Cathlyn

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an team I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay in October 2012.

We are very happy to read that you would come back to our resort; that you loved the food at the buffet, enjoyed the mojitos that Carlos made for you, enjoyed the beach and the walk along the Golf course.

We are looking forward to welcome you back next vacation at the Riviera Maya!

Receive our warm regards,

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went December 21 - 28, 2012. This is the third time we went to a Bahia Principe (Punta Cana for our wedding, Mexico (Coba section) and Sian Ka'an. This is by far the best in service and cleanliness. Being only a year old, the rooms and buildings are very modern and luxurious
Food:
Food was great, unlimited A la Cart meals are included, and there are so many to choose from, we did the Japanese one in the Sian Ka'an lobby, it was by far the best one there. I've also noticed that the other a la cart restaurants' service lacks, either that, or we just got really spoiled in Sian Ka'an.
Christmas-Eve dinner was just amazing, it was held in the buffets, and the service was above 5 stars. They even had a turkey, grilled lobster, and other lobster dishes, and about 5 tables of desserts.
Room:
Room service, pillow service and scent service are all included, we ordered the scent service (mint) and it was very refreshing when we got to the room, and lasted for a few days, highly recommended. Pillow service isn't that spectacular.
Pool/Beach
Pool section was very relaxing, they played a mix of Smooth Jazz that does covers of other pop bands, I forgot to ask what the band or CD was, so if anyone goes, PLEASE find out and post it here, I really want to buy it.
Beach, we have a reserved section which was kind of rocky, except for one section, which is on the boarder of our reserved beach and the general section. I saw a few big fishes swimming around in there.
Overall Service:
Everyone goes out of their way to make you happy, everything… garden, restaurants and rooms, are always prestige, there was never a time where something was out of place, they are constantly working to ensure that.
Uncontrollable:
It was really windy. Under the sun, it felt nice, I was sweating while laying down, but if you’re in the shade, you would be shivering (might have been my cold).
Being windy, it made the waves in the beach pretty big, and unfortunately I wasn’t able to enjoy the water too much other than the pool.
A golfing friend just came back from there and told me it was the hardest course they’ve ever played in, didn’t get the full details, but seems fun.
I will defiantly go again, we paid $1700 each person, well worth it, no kids = no screaming = relaxation

Room Tip: Hot water in the shower is the opposite direction of what you would think ;)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jacky T

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for trusting in Gran Bahia Principe Hotels & Resort and for choosing us to enjoy your holidays. It is a real honor to hear that this was your third time visit to one of our Hotels and that you had a wonderful vacation.

We really appreciate you taking the time to send your comments about your stay with us at the Riviera Maya. Our philosophy is focused on our guests’ satisfaction and your perception is very important to maintain the quality and good service at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an. We are very happy to read that you had a great Christmas celebration, in which you enjoyed the great food, unlimited a la cart meals, pools, beach, room and the excellent service.

It has been our pleasure to be at your service and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I are on day seven of our ten day stay at the Sian Ka'an. We are beach lovers but decided to try this resort (which is not on the beach but across the highway) since we brought our golf clubs and thought we would have better access to the beautiful golf course located right next to Sian Ka'an. The first few days we thought we had made a huge mistake but we have become happier with our choice, due to the efficient shuttle service and the fabulous food, drinks, and service at the buffet and lounge at Sian Ka'an. The private beach area is great (no towel cards needed), and we have access to any other restaurant and lounge in the complex (guests staying at Tulum, Akumal and Coba, however, do not have access to Sian Ka'an). The pool areas at Sian Ka'an are not that impressive and many spots are in the shade, so we always went to either the beach club for Sian Ka'an or the pools at Akumal or Tulum. After trying some of the other restaurants, we realized we have the best choice in the always elegant buffet at Sian Ka'an - cloth napkins, beautiful cutlery, wonderful service, amazing food and flowing champagne. The lounge servers are extremely attentive and efficient - gracias Adriana, Lorena, Leticia and Ana! We did not find the food at the specialty restaurants that impressive - the Alux was disappointing, since it is supposed to be the best in the whole resort. My steak was mediocre and my husband's sea bass was fishy. The manager was apologetic, saying his this was not from his regular supplier. The Japanese restaurant (Maiko) was nice, but it is not necessarily Japanese fare but Asian in general. The Don Pablo restaurant at the Tulum was really busy (we had to wait about half an hour to get in) and our food was just ok.
We have golfed three times so far and each time have been thrilled and humbled at the same time.....do not expect to golf anywhere near your handicap....it is a difficult track to say the least! It is fairly easy to make a tee time - be prepared to wait on the phone for several minutes before the pro shop picks up. Trying to book through the Public Relations desk is the same procedure - they also have to wait for the one person in the pro shop to have time to answer the call. Staying at Sian Ka'an allows us to golf every day if we want and we can get drinks from the bar (two each at a time) but the beverage cart only provides water and chips or peanuts, and you have to purchase any alcohol ( even though we are all inclusive!) We would grab beers before we left and get more after nine holes. You can go in for drinks after your round but have to pay for any food.....again, this does not make a lot of sense.
We took an awesome day trip to the beach at the town of Tulum - we hopped the trolley to the highway, where we got into a collectivo, which cost 30 pesos each to get to Tulum. They try to grab you when you get there and sell you tours for the ruins, snorkelling and a beach chair for 350 pesos, but we bypassed this and walked to the beach on our own. We found a gorgeous spot to sit in front of El Paraiso Beach Club and paid 50 pesos each for a lounge chair for as long as we wanted it. We found out that for 200 pesos each we could go on a panga boat which would take us to see the ruins from the water, then go snorkeling off a reef for one hour and 20 minutes (there is no real snorkeling right off the beach, like you can do at the town of Akumal). This beach was one of the nicest we have ever been on and we highly recommend this location - the beach is easy to walk on, with hard packed sand and that blue-green Caribbean surf that you see in posters.

Room Tip: We were moved to a room closest to the lobby and liked the proximity. Our first room, which smelled...
2  Thank Senorasally

Dear Mrs. Sally,

Thank you for your trusting in Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an to spend your ten day vacation. We really appreciate that your experience has been happy in which you have experienced and enjoyed the fabulous food, drinks, shuttle service, pools, amenities of our sister resorts and good service of our staff, especially for mentioning Adriana, Lorena, Leticia and Ana; we will immediately forward your post to the correspondent managers for their well-deserved recognition.

Also thank you for bringing to our attention the points we can improve, you can be sure that they will be reviewed with the different departments and we will take an appropriate action for every situation.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope we can meet you in person before your departure,

Kind Regards from the Mexican Caribbean!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently returned from being a guest Zumba Instructor across the street at GBP Tulum but I stayed here at Sian Kaan. It is a beautiful resort, modern contemporary rooms, great food and drink as well as golf, which I did not try. I just found it to be very quiet for my taste. Personally, I love to people-watch at a lively pool area! This is not really the place to do that. Also note, this property is NOT directly on the beach. There are shuttles that take you across the street to the beach and I found the travel back and forth to be tedious. It was not a reasonable distance to walk frequently, although I did it a couple of times. I have also stayed at all three Gran Bahia Principe sister resorts across the street on the beach side and prefer them to Sian Kaan. So, it is really just a matter of taste. Fabulous accomodations if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing vacation or looking for a golf vacation.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying in Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an and for being part of the staff during your stay.

We really appreciate you taking the time to write some valuable comments about your stay at our hotel. The comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are very important to maintain the quality at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an and will be taken into great consideration.

Kind regards from the Mexican Caribbean,

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were at this resort in June 2012 and I have been meaning to provide a review, so here it is.
It is a great place to vacation without the crowds and an excellent golf course. I went golfing twice during our vacation and played 18 holes in about 2 1/2 hours. The weather was great, the food was excellent with no shortage of choices and the staff very accommodating. The nice perk with this resort was we could use all the amenities of the other Bahia Principe resorts which were a short shuttle ride away. The rooms were above average. We had no complaints and would definitely return at some future date.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an team I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review regarding your excellent experience at our hotel in June 2012.

For us it is very rewarding to read that you had a great vacation in which you enjoyed the Golf course, the excellent food and the amenities of the other Bahia Principe resorts.

It will be wonderful to welcome you again and give you the good service you already know.

Kind Regards,