We went December 21 - 28, 2012. This is the third time we went to a Bahia Principe (Punta Cana for our wedding, Mexico (Coba section) and Sian Ka'an. This is by far the best in service and cleanliness. Being only a year old, the rooms and buildings are very modern and luxurious
Food was great, unlimited A la Cart meals are included, and there are so many to choose from, we did the Japanese one in the Sian Ka'an lobby, it was by far the best one there. I've also noticed that the other a la cart restaurants' service lacks, either that, or we just got really spoiled in Sian Ka'an.
Christmas-Eve dinner was just amazing, it was held in the buffets, and the service was above 5 stars. They even had a turkey, grilled lobster, and other lobster dishes, and about 5 tables of desserts.
Room service, pillow service and scent service are all included, we ordered the scent service (mint) and it was very refreshing when we got to the room, and lasted for a few days, highly recommended. Pillow service isn't that spectacular.
Pool section was very relaxing, they played a mix of Smooth Jazz that does covers of other pop bands, I forgot to ask what the band or CD was, so if anyone goes, PLEASE find out and post it here, I really want to buy it.
Beach, we have a reserved section which was kind of rocky, except for one section, which is on the boarder of our reserved beach and the general section. I saw a few big fishes swimming around in there.
Everyone goes out of their way to make you happy, everything… garden, restaurants and rooms, are always prestige, there was never a time where something was out of place, they are constantly working to ensure that.
It was really windy. Under the sun, it felt nice, I was sweating while laying down, but if you’re in the shade, you would be shivering (might have been my cold).
Being windy, it made the waves in the beach pretty big, and unfortunately I wasn’t able to enjoy the water too much other than the pool.
A golfing friend just came back from there and told me it was the hardest course they’ve ever played in, didn’t get the full details, but seems fun.
I will defiantly go again, we paid $1700 each person, well worth it, no kids = no screaming = relaxation
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 4 outdoor pools (1 with Jacuzzi) Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Transfer to the beach and other facilities on the complex (at set times) Water activity centre, Beach Club with exclusive bar (at the Grand Principe Tulum) Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby and in rooms (free of charge) 1 international buffet restaurant 2 speciality restaurants 4 Bars 1 snack-bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 420 rooms including 4 types: Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite, Deluxe Garden Junior Suite, Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suite. Deluxe Garden Junior Suites and Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suites are larger than the Junior Suites and the Deluxe Junior Suites. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Sitting area with sofa-bed and armchairs Balcony or terrace Bathroom with shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Bathrobe and slippers Don Pablo Collection amenities Alarm clock with iPod docking station Flat screen TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe Iron and ironing board 24 hour room service Butler service in rooms Private Jacuzzi Wifi Pillow menu Aroma menu Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings and anniversaries, as well as corporate incentive trips and conventions Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel Akumal
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Resort And Spa
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'An Don Pablo Collection Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico