We were here last year and I said that this resort was good but with some kinks to work out.....and so they have. Service has improved everywhere and last year it was pretty great. Plenty of servers at meals, quick changeover of tables during mealtimes and smiles on everyone's faces. Check in was speedy although the room wasn't ready until 3 pm. That seemed reasonable to me, checkout is at 12 and the resort is full. The room was nice, they even added an extra set of shelving in the closet so we could put away all our clothes. The hot and cold water worked in the shower, so we didn't have to do the hot'n cold shower dance. For the second half of the week we were upgraded to a two storey suite complete with hot tub and deck on the second floor. That was a lovely surprise. We ate at the maiko and Alux restaurants. The food was beautifully presented and the service was very good. The coffee is as good as it was last year, and the Food at the buffet was truly excellent. There was the usual pizza, French fries and hamburgers for the non adventurous and plenty of dishes for those with a more seasoned palate. There was plenty of bacon in the morning and delicious hand made egg options. The desserts are probably the only downfall, there are plenty of options including some gorgeous chocolate creations, but all the cakes and custards taste bland.....however they were being devoured with gusto by many others, so perhaps it's just me. Truthfully though, there is absolutely nothing to complain about, this resort has turned itself into a wonderful destination that I would be most happy to return to....especially now that it is adult only.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 4 outdoor pools (1 with Jacuzzi) Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Transfer to the beach and other facilities on the complex (at set times) Water activity centre, Beach Club with exclusive bar (at the Grand Principe Tulum) Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby and in rooms (free of charge) 1 international buffet restaurant 2 speciality restaurants 4 Bars 1 snack-bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 420 rooms including 4 types: Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite, Deluxe Garden Junior Suite, Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suite. Deluxe Garden Junior Suites and Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suites are larger than the Junior Suites and the Deluxe Junior Suites. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Sitting area with sofa-bed and armchairs Balcony or terrace Bathroom with shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Bathrobe and slippers Don Pablo Collection amenities Alarm clock with iPod docking station Flat screen TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe Iron and ironing board 24 hour room service Butler service in rooms Private Jacuzzi Wifi (free of charge) Pillow menu Aroma menu Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings and anniversaries, as well as corporate incentive trips and conventions Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Resort And Spa
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel Akumal
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'An Don Pablo Collection Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico