“Amazing all inclusive resort”

Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Akumal
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Just came back on sunday from a 5 days vacation at the Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an. I booked this hotel mainly because of the reviews I had read on Trip Advisor.

The ride from Cancun airport is almost an hour, but I must say it is really worth it. The property is truly outstanding.

First, the rooms were very spacious, the bathrooms very nice and the beds very comfortable. The first night we were there, we slept almost 15 hours ! That s a first for me. I loved that the rooms were so clean and comfortable.

Then the pools were all nice, with one of the three being the most "calm and quiet" one.
The one thing I was worried about was the fact that it was not directly on the beach, but honestly it didnt bother me at all. We ended up going to the beach almost everyday, and it didnt even take 10 min by cart.

The grounds of the property were really nice, with a lot of vegetation, lots of trees ...that added to the charm of the place. The food was really decent. Not the best I've eaten, but there was consistent good food in all the restaurant at the Sian Ka'an including the buffet.

The service was 10/10. Everyone was really friendly and nice throughout our stay. I'm definitely planning to go back very soon.

The only negative thing I have to say about the resort is that one night we made reservations to eat at Tequila restaurant ( which is on another Bahia Principe property ) When we arrived, we brought the wrong reservation ticket with us. The restaurant was almost empty, and the hostess told us we didnt have the right reservation ticket so she couldnt do anything for us. We tried to explain the situation and she kept giving us attitude and making faces. At the end a waiter came to see us and offered us to sit at a table...it was kind of ridiculous...but besides from that experience it was a fantastic vacation.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Frederica84
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Receive greetings from the Luxury Bahía Príncipe Sian Ka’an; we would like to thank you for trusting in the good reviews on Tripadvisor to choose us for your holidays.

We appreciate that you have taken the time to give us your feedback on as your comments are valuable to us in order to continuously improve our service and standards.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the clean and comfortable rooms, the quiet pools, the nice hotel grounds and the excellent service.

Thank you for bringing to our attention your perception about the service Tequila restaurant; this will be sending to the Tulum hotel management and appropriate actions will be taken.

Thank you also for recommending our hotel and for advice all our future guests. It will be wonderful to welcome you again.

Best Regards,

Luxury Bahía Príncipe Sian Ka’an

Write a ReviewReviews (7,529)

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Good value for the money. Nice and friendly staff. Fantastic golf course. Very nice beach. Don't confuse Sian Ka'an with the other resorts at Gran Bahia. Sian Ka'an is The Best!!!! We would definatly like to come back........ ;0)

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank roilittip
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us, we appreciate that you have taken the time to give us your feedback as your comments are valuable to us in order to continuously improve our service and standards.

The entire Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an Team is very glad to know that you had a great experience during your stay, especially that you enjoyed the golf course, the beach and the service of our staff; we hope we can welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards from Mexico,

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I first stayed here when the hotel had just opened and hadn't been completely built out. It was lovely and quiet. Now it is much bigger but even with the Christmas crush spread out enough that it doesn't feel crowded like the other BP properties--there are no less than three pools set around a jungle. The other older BP hotels all look and feel alike, but this one is different: cool, upscale, modern and more environmentally conscious. You are steps from numerous golf courses beautifully laid out with cenotes and the jungle as backdrops.

They decided to change the hotel to an adults only establishment in November 2012 and several people were caught out and had to downgrade with their teenagers to one of the other properties. However, it was blissful to be w/o the screaming children at the pool and at meals.

I stayed here with my mother for 12 nights. Reception was slow and not very organized (Claudia being a notable exception.) It took about 20 minutes to check in and you have to pay for your room in advance with the extras at the end. A day before I was due to leave they called me saying I hadn't paid for my room and asked me for proof of payment. Fortunately, I had my credit card receipt but this shouldn't happen. Then they determined I hadn't been charged for all the nights I stayed, so more time was spent sorting this out. All in all, I was called from my room once and twice practically dragged from the lobby to the reception desk to pay (including as I was saying goodbye to my mother who was leaving a day before me) as they attempted to sort this out. So keep all your receipts and give yourself time to check out.

Room was spacious and quiet. We advised of a clogged sink and it was fixed after two days. WIFI however was very slow when it was not completely out. Often there was not even mobile phone reception. The lobby too often had WIFI connection issues and was slow. There are no computer terminals to print out boarding passes so you have to use the guest relations staffs' machines when they are not to busy which tends to be at night only. Wait times to talk to the two guest relations agents (who were all excellent) was very long because everyone is trying to book meals into the different restaurants given the all inclusive nature of the GB resort. (Save yourself the trouble, as Sian Ka'an has the best food by far. (The exception being the Japanese which is really greasy and lacking in authentic taste.) There was a travel desk at the other end of the lobby but it was fairly useless as they just sent you to a bigger hotel to book tours or tell you the tours the hotel advertises don't exist?! Better if they would use this space for computer terminals and printers for guests.

As others have pointed out, the cleaning service was very uneven. Sometimes the room was given Just a cursory cleaning and facecloths and hand towels weren't provided. Other times the rom was cleaned very well. Calling housekeeping or putting up a sign didn't seem to yield any results as both the "clean the room" and "don't disturb" signs were routinely ignored. Nether did speaking to the cleaners and telling them when they could come and clean. Sometimes we waited until the later afternoon for a clean room.

Laundry was an issue. No one came to collect the laundry despite many calls so we delivered it to the guest relations folks in the lobby. It was supposed to be back the same day. The next day it was still not there and they delivered only half the laundry when we called to ask after it. It took them five days and our going to guest relations five times to get all our laundry. We didn't dare leave any laundry after that. And prices are very high.

Food is excellent except at the snack bar/poolside where it's junk food and the waiters are neither friendly or attentive. It seems they forgot that this was an adults only establishment as they served kiddie food of hotdogs, fries, hamburgers. Breakfast is especially good and the waiters are superb. The American style of tipping at the end of each meal is very annoying and means you have to walk around with a wad of change which is hard to get. (Note the ATM machine in the lobby dispenses only USD at a hefty 10% commission on top of your bank's fees!) We therefore opted to tip at the end of or stay to the most helpful waiters.

Tao Wellness Center wasn't designed to be for hotel guests so there were 35 people trying to do yoga in a tiny room and you had to wait in line in the morning to use the exercise equipment. Shuttles to the beach were hard to come by from the lobbies of the other BP hotels. We often had to wait 30 -40 minutes for a ride back to Si'an Kaan which is located across a highway (they have built a flyover for the shuttles) at the other end of the vast GB property, whereas the shuttles to and from the other hotels came by every five minutes.

All in all, I think the hotel needs to sort out reception and housekeeping before charging premium pricing as despite the goodwill of most of the staff, the above issues shouldn't happen at a five star resort.

Room Tip: Avoid a room near the golf course as you will get noise from the passing shuttles and passerbys. Als...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank poleinahole1
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for trusting in Gran Bahia Principe Hotels & Resort and for choosing for second time Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an for your vacation. We appreciate that you have taken the time to give us your feedback as your comments are valuable to us in order to continuously improve our service and standards.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the facilities and laid out of the hotel, the adults only concept, the spacious and quiet room and the excellent food.

The management and staff extend our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences which you may have experienced as a result of the situations you have brought to our attention. You can however rest assured that we will be giving these matters the proper attention and corrective measures where necessary will be applied so as not to have a reoccurrence of such.

Please be informed that TAO is not operated directly by the hotel, but we assure you, that the manager has been informed of the particular observations, and that appropriate actions will be taken wherever possible.

We thank you once again for bringing your concerns to our attention and for vacationing with us. In the hope you will consider giving us the opportunity to once again host you in the near future.

Receive our warmest regards,

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 10 days arriving 1st Dec. Lovely reception area, good check-in with welcome drink, had emailed my a la carte meals choices for each night and the receipts for this were passed to me while checking in. Taken to room by driver in one of the buggies. Nice room, bit minimal - would like to see a full length mirror and also a chest of drawers for your clothes not enough with just the shelves in the wardrobe, felt I had my things just lying about. Room cleaned daily and fresh towels each day.

We were beside the quiet pool which was lovely, but if you were an early bird no pool towels were available at the sushi bar to use as this did not open until 10am, sometimes if the security man saw you he would bring you a couple, ended up taking a couple of fresh towels at the end of day ready for the next. Got very warm at the pool as no breeze and had to spent most of the time in the pool.

Got used to taking the buggies to the beach, had to be down there fairly early to get a bed as got quite busy, the girls were great serving you your cocktails and appreciated the tips for the service. Would like to see Sian Ka'an having their own snack bar down here went to Tulums one day and was not impressed at all. Ended up spending the morning at the beach and heading back up to Sian Ka'an for the buffet lunch.

The food at Sian Ka'an was exceptional, something for everyone and plenty of choice each day for breakfast and lunch. The waiters/waitresses were good at keeping you supplied with water/wine etc. We had booked a variety of different a la carte restaurants in various places, favourite was Maiko Japanese beside us went on our first night and ended up making another reservation for the following week. Most disappointing was the Portifno Italian in Coba, when we went there got the buggy to Coba and got off at the reception, big mistake this restaurant is at the other end of reception quite a distance away and had to end up asking another driver to take us there, so if taking a buggy to another hotel always say the restaurant you have a booking with and they will take you straight there. Please note for the men long trousers are required only in certain restaurants, so check this out as my husband went to a couple of the restaurants at the other sections with long trousers on and people had shorts on and also one of the restaurants only in Sian Ka'an were particular about this rule, so is not consitent throughout.

We travelled with another couple so didn't bother too much about the entertainment, when we returned from our a la carte meal were happy to sit at the lobby bar for a couple of drinks before the bar shut at 11pm. This was not a problem for us as we were up early in the morining to head to the beach as the sun was up early. We did have a problem a couple of times at the lobby bar with them running out of drinks which were on their menu, it did take a few days of asking and then speaking to a manager, who then made sure the drink I preferred to have was available.

We were also able to keep our room on for a couple of hours past the check out time, which was good.

I think anyone visiting this hotel would have a great time and if I ever returned it would be to the Sian Ka'an definitely.

Room Tip: Beside the quiet room as if near the lobby can be quite noisy
1  Thank Sunny017
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an team I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments regarding your recent vacation at our hotel.

It is a pleasure to read that we met your expectations during you stay and that you enjoyed the food, the excellent service at the bar, the good check-in, the cleanliness of the room and the pools. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention, rest assured that we will be giving this matter the proper attention.

We are honored that you have chosen our hotel as your holiday destination and will be looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Arrived Dec 22 for one week. We thoroughly enjoyed the amenities and restaurants at Sian Ka'an and the fact that it is "adults only". The setting is lovely and suprisingly well treed and natural looking, with delightful stamped concrete paths winding around the resort, circling the pools, the Alux gourmet restaurant and the snack bar/restaurant/bar areas. There are colourful birds, little geckos and perhaps the odd bug but not at all troublesome.
Rooms: Stayed in a "penthouse" (40924) with jacuzzi. This was lovely and our "villa" (#9) was tucked back from the main walkway. The view from our room was mainly treetops and other buildings, but none-the-less, sunsets were lovely and it provided a quiet romantic get away (provided you hang a couple of beach towels over the wooden slatted divider separating you from your one neighbour). The room consists of a living area complete with kitchenette and table, bedroom area with adjoining bathroom (not large but quality fixtures and well appointed), and a stairway leading up to the terrace, complete with 2 lounge chairs, a small table with 2 chairs and a jacuzzi (a large two person jacuzzi-style tub - which you fill as needed). A great place to catch the last rays of sun and a cocktail!
Food: The buffet at Sian Ka'an was excellent (breakfast, lunch and dinner) as was our dinner at Alux (gourmet) and Maiko (Japanese). We were somewhat disappointed with the restaurants at the sister hotels (Coba,Tulum) and would advise people enjoy the meals (and adult only ambience) at Sian Ka'an as it is higher quality and has a more intimate atmosphere across the board (you can always head over to the others for the beaches, entertainment or a drink after dinner). As someone working in the field of public health I think comments made about "food poisoning" are somewhat unfair as they do not have an epidemiological basis - people making assumptions. I too was sick for just over 24 hours (not much fun when on vacation - that is for sure!) but then so were a number of my colleagues back in Ottawa (probably a gastro rather than "food poisoning"). Hand sanitizer is available at the restaurant entrances but not well used by guests. Perhaps this should be more visible and available in additional locations closer to the buffet and tables.The snack bar restaurant near the pool was just that, a snack bar with a number of choices (pizza, burgers, other quick meals, etc).
The beach: We knew when choosing this resort that a trolley trip would be necessary to get to the beach - however this did become tedious with the novelty wearing off in the first two days. Although Sian Ka'an guests do enjoy their own beach area with nicer lounge chairs it could be crowded and noisy. The beach is also rocky and quite sloped making walking a bit difficult. We have been to many Caribbean islands and other beach destinations and found this beach to be below expectations.
Pools: Although the pools at Sian Ka'an are smaller than the other 3 resorts they each cater to their own crowd. One pool (next to the Alux) was the designated "quiet pool" and was where we ended up spending most of our day. Plenty of shade for those who want it and sun for those who prefer. The larger pool off the snack bar area could get a bit loud at times but catered to the crowd who prefer more socializing and activities. They seemed to be having a good time. The "sushi bar" pool was a very quiet area with big lounge beds for two but almost completely shaded (a bit too much so in my opinion).
Public places and grounds: All of the washrooms were nicely appointed and always extremely clean. The grounds were well maintained, very tropical and lovely. The WiFi service was hit and miss so if you require reliable internet while on vacation keep this in mind (they do not have an internet cafe).
The staff & service: Very friendly and eager to please. The only waitng seemed to be in the lobby bar and the quiet pool (we sometimes felt forgotten). Our room was clean (including crisp white linens and fluffy white towels) and the fridge stocked daily (a tip and a personal thank-you note goes a long way). One disappointment with the service was on our arrival. Because we arrived close to midnight our greeting was quite low key. The reception staff in the lobby had us sign in, handed us our key and a resort map and pointed us in the general direction of our room. We set off pulling our bags and searched for our room in the semi-darkness. We found it and of course once we saw the room were delighted. One suggestion for guests that arrive late from a long trip would be to offer them a drink, perhaps an escort to the room, or at the very least a couple of clues as to how to find it (i.e room 40924 means you are looking for villa #9 and 24 is on the top floor). Once you figure this out the room is easy to find!
Fitness: A trolly ride (or jog / long walk) is required to get to Tao Wellness Center which is situated on lovely natural grounds within the residential area. It is a wonderful facility with a nice selection of equipment and a lap pool. A delightfully serene place to workout.
Golf: Because I was ill the day we planned to golf my husband went on his own. I was told I could accompany him on the cart to keep him company and take pictures but found out afterwards that I was in fact charged $50 US to do so. With the cart rental, club rental and my $50 charge it certainly wasn't an inexpensive outing. Keep this in mind if you are tempted by the "free golf". That said it is a beautiful course and if you love to golf and bring your clubs, the cart fee is well worth it.
General comments: Would we go back?.....We are not sure. The resort was lovely, the food great but for us it seemed to lack the exotic feel we look for on a southern vacation. We can't quite pinpoint why - perhaps because it is not on the water or the fact that it is part of a larger residential golf course community. We certainly would highly recommend Sian Ka'an for a couple wanting to get away from it all, while seeking all of the amenities and services possible. It is a beautiful resort.

2  Thank Jan2TravelSoon

Dear Guest,

First of all please receive greetings from the Luxury Bahía Príncipe Sian Ka’an, we appreciate that you have taken the time to give us your feedback.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed the amenities, the restaurants, the “adults only” concept the great food, your Penthouse suite, the Tao wellness center, the Golf course and the service of our staff.

Receive our sincerest apologizes for have not been exceed your expectative during your stay, in regards the a la carte restaurants in the sister hotels, our beach, the Wi-Fi and the check-in. Be sure that will be reviewed with the departments involved and we will take appropriate action for the details you have mentioned.

Sending you my kindest regards,

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We have stayed at the GBP several times. We have always stayed at Coba and Ackumel. This is the first time we stayed at Sian Ka'an. We toured Sian Ka'an earlier in 2012 when we stayed at Coba. We chose this resort because of the time of year, Christmas, the 18+ age restriction and the two story penthouse suite.

We arrived around midnight on the evening/morning of Dec 23rd/24th. When we arrived the front counter staff handed us our package and pointed out the location of our room. He asked us if this was our first visit and we informed him that we were repeat guests. At other resorts we were given special coloured bracelets and other perks. He did not seem to care. I asked if we were good to go and he nodded, there was no offer of help. Dragging luggage around in the dark trying to find our room was not a good first impression of a supposed 5+ star resort.

Positive Notes:

The food at the buffet was superior to the other resorts. Plentiful and tasty.
QUIET!! We used this as a relaxing/recharging holiday and we achieved it.
Very fast with having issues settled. At Coba and Ackumel it sometimes took several days before issues were resolved.
Lobby bar and staff were the best at this resort.
The Japanese restaurant was fantastic. Possible the best food at all four resorts. More of an Asian Fusion style than strictly a Japanese cuisine.
NO Time share people anymore!

Negative Notes: (too many)

Housekeeping staff was inconsistent. We had the do not disturb sign out and they still knocked and wanted in. We told her that we would be 30 minutes. When we arrived back at the room at 6:00 pm the room hadn't been touched. I went down and complained and was offered apologies and platitudes. The room was given a very quick and basic cleaning. On another day the Manger saw us in the lobby and informed us that housekeeping was at the room at 11:00 and we had the Do Not Disturb sign out. I informed her that we left the room at 11:30 and she said that was why the room hadn't been cleaned yet that day. (this was at 4:00). We felt that she tried to make it our fault that we weren't out of the room when Housekeeping was ready to clean and that was why the room wasn't clean. One day we didn't receive facecloths or hand towels, luckily the Manager called to see if the room was cleaned and we informed her of the issue. Items appeared right away.

There didn't seem to be enough wait staff and what was there didn't seem to care. Our last morning we went down for breakfast and we weren't served at all. It was over 15 minutes before I had to stand up and wave over a server to get water and coffee. They walked past us several times but ignored us. You shouldn't have to stand up in a 5 star resort restaurant and wave over the server. The pool bartender actually walked away from us when we sat down and disappeared. We waited 5 minutes and when he didn't reappear we walked away. We started leaving Sian Ka'an and going to the other resorts to get service and drinks.

The black out curtains in the room aren't!! Very bright in the room at 0630.

GBP Sian Ka'an is labeled as a Don Pablo Collection resort and you do pay for that label. We felt that the service certainly did not warrant the name or extra cost. If you want good service from staff who seem to want to be there and help you have a good time then go to one of the other GBP resorts.

8  Thank Brent L

Dear Mr. Brent,

Thank you for choosing Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an for the first time and for your detailed feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel resort. Your feedback is very welcome and valued. It will certainly help us to keep focus on customer satisfaction and fulfillment of our hotel standards.

We are very concerned to read about your disappointing. On behalf of our management I would like to make a heartfelt apology that your stay was not up to your expectations. Our team works very hard to ensure our facilities and services are superior.

That certainly does not reflect the commitment and the quality that Gran Bahía Principe Hotels & Resorts have exhibited for many years, we have reviewed your comments with the different departments and we will take every action to improve the service that you feel was lacking on our part, in order for this not to happen to you or any other guest in the future.

Once again thank you for your time and comments, hoping that you give us the opportunity to welcome you again to be able to offer you a better experience.

Sincerly,

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an is by far the best of the GBP hotels in Akumal.

My wife and I stayed here a week to celebrate my 35th birthday. First time in Akumal, but 13th or 14th time in Mexico..... we love Mexico!!!

This was our first time staying at a mega resort like GBP, (so many hotels on one property) the place is huge! The rooms are very nice, well decorated and very clean. Compared to Coba, Akumal, and Tulum... I think Sian Ka'an tops them in every category except location. The restaurants are nicer, the workout facility @ TAO is nicer, and the service @ the bars and restaurant is better. Even the lobby bathrooms were better, cleaner, well maintained. However Sian Ka'an is the furtherest away from the beach, and being on the jungle side, you had to deal with lots of bugs beatles, millipedes, grasshoppers, and wildlife aplenty (especially at night). But the shuttles ran constantly and made it very easy to get around.

Check in, like every place, is at 3PM. So pack your swim suit in your carry-on and be ready to leave your bags with the front desk. Skip the pool and take the shuttle to the private beach (Sian Ka'an guests only). Bar service at your lounger is sooo nice (bring tip money, these servers work hard)

Beach is ok, don't really care for the huge man made sand bars in the water (they look like beached whales) but they serve a purpose.... less waves and probably prevents erosion of the beach.

Had a few good experiences and a few very bad experiences with dining. We made most of our dinner reservations for ala cartes before we arrived. First night @ Arlequin was the worst service during that week. Celebrating my birthday.... seated only 10 mins late and right next to a couple w/ a screaming/crying baby. I asked the server to move us to the otherside of the dining room.... BIG MISTAKE. Our server greet us and serves us water but does not come back for another 20 mins to take our drink order (so we go ahead and order dinner at the same time). Sorry they ran out of Filet, substitute NY Strip. 15 more mins, no bread, no drinks.. just sitting there enjoying each other's company and trying to just be happy that we are on vacation. Finally when entrees come out, they having the same sides as if they came off a buffet. My NY Strip is a thin piece of meat with some gravy on it and my wife's Sea bass & shrimp are dried out like pieces of seafood jerky. We had enough, left in the middle of our meal and found the buffet. Off to a bad start...

Breakfast @ Sian Ka'an buffet was perfect. Eggs made to order and great service. That night, dinner @ Alux = done to perfection. Everything came our at the perfect timing, not rushed, no long waits... and the presentation was beautiful. Our servers Roque & Wilberth were attentive and professional. We tipped each of them $20 at the end of the night....

Lobby bar @ Sian Ka'an is also the best bar @ out of the many bars in the GBP complex. Offers a romantic & upscale atmosphere, servers are very attentive and as far as I know the only bar that serves top shelf (Don Julio Tequilas, Crown Royal, different Scotch selections).

Tulum buffet also had another bad experience with a very rude hostess. After watching 10-15 people in front of me who walked in wearing beach wear, she singled me out and told me I could not come in wearing wet clothing. Very understandable, I wouldn't want to sit on a chair cushion soaked by pool/ocean water either; but I wasn't wet. I insisted I haven't been in the pool or ocean yet but she insisted I had to change. Normally I am the short tempered but my wife stepped in and requested to talk to a manager. At this point, I could tell she was getting very upset. She harly ever complains.

Neytaha (not sure on the spelling) with an attitude refused to get a manager and said "it's his day off". At this point, I could tell there's no winning this argument. I calmed my wife down and pulled a pair of shorts out of my backpack and changed in the lobby bathroom. My wife could not let it go and sat there during lunch, pointing out how many people walked in wearing swim wear unharassed. We did not return to this restaurant for the rest of our visit.

Don Pablo for dinner, pretty good food and service but nothing special.

Mikado next night.(not the one @ Sian Ka'an) Also uneventful. They cook in front of you, but no presentation (no jokes, no flaming volcano, no knife work or juggling) nothing like Japanese steakhouse back home. Cook, serve, and eat.

The one thing that prevents me from wanting to return to this resort is the Dolphin Encounter. Its sad and in my opinion inhumane. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on this matter, but its a deal breaker for me.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank IvanhP
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all, please receive greetings from the Luxury Bahía Príncipe Sian Ka’an; we would like to thank you for trusting in Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts and for choosing us to spend your holidays.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the rooms, the Tao wellness center, the internal transportation, and the service of our staff. We really appreciate that you mentioned the work of our great staff especially Roque y Wilberth. We will forward your comments to our team.

Thank you for bringing to our attention your perception about the service at the Tulum buffet, Arlequin restaurant and the Dolphinarium; be sure that will be reviewed with the managers and we will take immediate action for every detail you have described.

Once again thank you for your time and comments, hoping to have a second opportunity to improve your experience.

Sending you my kindest regards,