In the spring of 2010 we visited the GP Akumal and went over to the golf course side and visited the jungle construction site of what was going to be the future Sian Ka'an. We could visualize what the first 100 units would look like but never imagined how the outcome would look with 425 completed units less than two years later. The resort was wonderful. We were there over Christmas and New Years 2011 and the kids loved it. We could use the facilities of all the resorts but could come home to our quiet oasis at the end of the day. The food was tremendous as was the Gala dinner and New Years eve celebration. We enjoyed the beach and all the service provided by the resort and its workers. We went to the Tulum ruins and have a few hints for anyone that is interested. In 2010 we did a bus trip from the resort and did not want to be part of the herd so we rented a taxi at 9 am and went to the Tulum ruins. The taxi driver insisted that he wait for us and we had a leisurely tour of the ruins complete with swimming in the ocean etc. At around noon we started walking out and seen hundreds of people lined up to get in the ruins during the heat of the midday sun! We were so glad that we just walked out and our taxi driver found me and took us back to the resort. I believe the taxi was $40 US with tip included and entrance was 5 pesos each. Very inexpensive and headache free excursion that I would suggest one considers rather than be part of the bus herd. LOL Overall we had a wonderful two weeks and would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 4 outdoor pools (1 with Jacuzzi) Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Transfer to the beach and other facilities on the complex (at set times) Water activity centre, Beach Club with exclusive bar (at the Grand Principe Tulum) Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby and in rooms (free of charge) 1 international buffet restaurant 2 speciality restaurants 4 Bars 1 snack-bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 420 rooms including 4 types: Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite, Deluxe Garden Junior Suite, Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suite. Deluxe Garden Junior Suites and Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suites are larger than the Junior Suites and the Deluxe Junior Suites. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Sitting area with sofa-bed and armchairs Balcony or terrace Bathroom with shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Bathrobe and slippers Don Pablo Collection amenities Alarm clock with iPod docking station Flat screen TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe Iron and ironing board 24 hour room service Butler service in rooms Private Jacuzzi Wifi (free of charge) Pillow menu Aroma menu Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings and anniversaries, as well as corporate incentive trips and conventions Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Resort And Spa
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel Akumal
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'An Don Pablo Collection Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico