We had a wonderful holiday from the time we got off the plane. We had arranged a private transport through QTS. After a long flight we just wanted to get to our room and settle in. QTS had everything in hand. Drinks and roses in the car and a nice relaxing drive to the hotel. Very friendly service and very professional.
Superb location, service and delightful rooms, let down only by some minor glitches which could have made the hotel stellar.
Spend the extra money and get a penthouse, it's well worth it.
The bar service is superb and delightfully friendly with the staff always making sure that you're never without a drink (the majority of named brands come as standard within the AI).
Plenty of choice on the buffet and all the restaurants within the whole resort although worth booking early or before arrival if you have a particular restaurant you wish to try.
Pleasant and not overly intrusive entertainments team in afternoon by main pools with two quieter pools located elsewhere.
Shuttles run regularly from next to lobby bar so if one is not immediately available there is time for a quick drink before boarding.
Some smoking tables under canopies so can shelter from occasional rain, otherwise free to smoke on outside tables.
Sian Ka'an has nightly entertainment, nothing heavy and very relaxing. Usually over by around 10:30 - 11:00pm. If you want to stay up late The Hacienda has a club. It's well away from the Sian Ka'an and you can return to a quiet, relaxing room and a good night's sleep.
As mentioned earlier we had a few glitches. Room service wasn't the best and the mini bar could have had a better selection, especially for two people. On a number of occasions, we had to ask for it to be refilled. It was replenished immediately when we asked though it was just a little annoying to have to ask but a minor detail considering everything else the resort had to offer.
Guest services were brilliant and made sure that everything was taken care of. Definitely take advantage of the services they offer. They bent over backwards to make sure we were comfortable.
Mosquito's are around so make sure you get some decent bug spray. Not a deal breaker for us, we did our research and knew what to expect.
If you dive, Scubaquatic is on the complex next to the Sian Ka'an exclusive beach. Great diving locations and plenty to see depending on season. Turtles are abundant, all kinds of reef fish, plenty of rays and the occasional shark in certain locations. The staff are brilliant, friendly and professional. They have Videographers on most dives to record the experience and well worth it whether you're a seasoned diver or a newbie.
You're never short of places to go, things to do and people to meet. All in all it's a wonderful place and definitely worth going back for more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 4 outdoor pools (1 with Jacuzzi) Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Transfer to the beach and other facilities on the complex (at set times) Water activity centre, Beach Club with exclusive bar (at the Grand Principe Tulum) Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby and in rooms (free of charge) 1 international buffet restaurant 2 speciality restaurants 4 Bars 1 snack-bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 420 rooms including 4 types: Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite, Deluxe Garden Junior Suite, Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suite. Deluxe Garden Junior Suites and Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suites are larger than the Junior Suites and the Deluxe Junior Suites. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Sitting area with sofa-bed and armchairs Balcony or terrace Bathroom with shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Bathrobe and slippers Don Pablo Collection amenities Alarm clock with iPod docking station Flat screen TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe Iron and ironing board 24 hour room service Butler service in rooms Private Jacuzzi Wifi Pillow menu Aroma menu Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings and anniversaries, as well as corporate incentive trips and conventions Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BP USA TRAVEL INC, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel Akumal
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Resort And Spa
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'An Don Pablo Collection Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico