There are approximately 5 hotels I believe in the Riveria Maya complex, and this is by far the best. Perhaps it should be as it is the only 5* hotel, but that aside, by visiting the other hotels you can tell the difference.
Service is red-hot. There are plenty of staff, and generally speaking, they can't do enough for you. Even though this place is all-inclusive (and I have a 'fear' of all-inclusive as they are in my opinion often run-down and the service is pretty spotty).
The rooms are nice and as the hotel is new (I think only a year or so old) are still pretty tidy and well kept.
The 'Animation team' consisting of 4 guys and a gal holding some fun events at the beach and at the poolside and generally helping and talking to guest were brilliant. My 6 year-old son loved the cohort of Charlotte, Raul, David and Alex and the highlight of his day were poolside Bingo (k-k-k-k-Question-time!) and water-polo. Keeping him entertained for a good couple of hours a day was no easy task!
The buffet meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) were the best I've ever seen and tasted - and that is not easy when pitted against some wonderful hotels in Switzerland I've stayed in.
More free drinks and cocktails than I could ever hope to have (and I'm not a tea-totaller) and brought to your table almost any time of day.
You can go to any restaurant in the whole complex to eat, not just the hotel's own buffet and two a-la-carte restaurants.
Watch out for the suites; the 'separate room' is behind a flimsy wooden 6-part screen, it's not really a separate room. The rooms although well built do still let you hear quite a bit of noise from your neighbours, door slams, furniture moving and the like, and if you're below someone with a hot-tub pool on their roof.... you could be up late.
If you want to eat in any of the hotels restaurants on the rest of the complex, make sure you book up as soon as you get there or BEFORE. They seem to be almost permanently booked even though sometimes they seem to be at no more than half capacity seat-wise.
Though there are three pools on site none are as 'stunning' as some in the other hotels (e.g. Akumel). Though you have to fight (almost literally) for a sunbed at another hotel, the pool is a fun, varied, huge snaking thing with bridges and allsorts to keep kids entertained. The pools at Sian Kaan are just mostly rectangular affairs, though nicely done, are not that fun for younger kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 4 outdoor pools (1 with Jacuzzi) Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Transfer to the beach and other facilities on the complex (at set times) Water activity centre, Beach Club with exclusive bar (at the Grand Principe Tulum) Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby and in rooms (free of charge) 1 international buffet restaurant 2 speciality restaurants 4 Bars 1 snack-bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 420 rooms including 4 types: Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite, Deluxe Garden Junior Suite, Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suite. Deluxe Garden Junior Suites and Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suites are larger than the Junior Suites and the Deluxe Junior Suites. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Sitting area with sofa-bed and armchairs Balcony or terrace Bathroom with shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Bathrobe and slippers Don Pablo Collection amenities Alarm clock with iPod docking station Flat screen TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe Iron and ironing board 24 hour room service Butler service in rooms Private Jacuzzi Wifi Pillow menu Aroma menu Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings and anniversaries, as well as corporate incentive trips and conventions Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com and Booking.com so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel Akumal
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Resort And Spa
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'An Don Pablo Collection Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico