Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Stay at the Grand Bahia Principe Sian Kaan:
10. Junior Suite -- Clean, bright, spacious, with nice contemporary design
9. Complimentary things -- Slippers, bathrobes, toiletries, daily supply of bottled water in room, all inclusive minibar & re-stocked daily, Coffee & Tea in the lobby, free parking, free in-room safe, free alcoholic beverage of your choice!! The list goes on.
8. Trolleys -- Yes Sian Kaan is not a beach front hotel, but the frequent trolleys take care of that. There are three or four different trolleys that go to different routes and take you around the facility such as the beach, the shopping area and the three sister hotels. They even have a small trolley to take you to your room when checking in and out of the hotel. The facility is huge!!
7. Jungle -- The resort is actually located in a jungle. The combination of nature and contemporary living is a nice touch. You hear soft bird chirps in the morning when you wake up.
6. Location -- Very close to several Mayan ruins like Tulum, Chichen Itza, Coba, and much more. I also prefer privacy over crowds. Cancun and Playa Del Carmen are more crowded. Also, when I'm at the beach, I just want to see water, trees, and blue skies. I don't want to see cars and sky scrapers.
5. Facility -- Clean, modern, and well maintained. Lots of services to choose from: plethora of a la carte and buffet restaurants, pools, bars, spa, gym, golf course, shopping, yoga
4. Beach -- Clean, Free drinks & snacks, Free beach towels, Free loungers, Bar service available.
3. Wireless Internet -- Fast and Free
2. Food -- The food is to die for. The quality is second to none. Especially at the main buffet restaurant. Nearly endless selection of culinary delights. Italian, Mexican, American, Asian, Mediterranean...
1. Service -- On top of all the awesome things, you have a staff that's always smiling and happy to serve you. Everyone is very friendly and very helpful. Its icing on the cake. It gives you that "I'm glad I chose this hotel" feeling.
1. The beds were made with nice decoration to include towel art. Thank you.
2. Night life -- Everywhere you go there's always some sort of show, dancing, and singing going on and they even have a dance club where they played a variety of music inlcuding house, reggaeton, bachata, and more.
3. We were given an extra hour and a half to checkout. That helped out a lot.
4. For the first time in all my years of traveling, I didn't have to worry about spending time/money for beach towel, beach lounger, palapas, in-room safe, internet connection, food, drinks, snacks, minibar, 5-star dining... all at the same time!!
Improvements? Of course every hotel could use some improvements no matter how awesome they are, and here is a list of my recommendations. I hope they read this:
1. Room 41514 -- Our patio door wouldn't lock. In addition, after a night of heavy rain we noticed a small water leak in the window (bed side). Furthermore, the water pressure in the bathroom shower was a bit weak.
2. Beach -- Why are there Sand Whales in the beach? It is unsightly and I think it should be removed.
3. DJ -- The DJ at the dance club (shopping area) could improve his mixing skills a little bit. The music kept stopping in between songs. Please don't stop the music :-)
4. Check in time could be earlier than 3pm. Unless it's high-season I think you should be able to accomodate early check in without any problems. We arrived around 12pm and waited 3 hours. But we used our time wisely by having lunch and taking a tour of the facility riding along the trolleys.
These issues are so insignificant we didn't even bring it up until checkout. And it was more of a suggestion to the staff rather than a complaint. I'm already planning our next trip. Will definitely try the Jacuzzi Suite next time. Thank you Grand Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an for the wonderful experience and unforgettable memories!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 4 outdoor pools (1 with Jacuzzi) Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Transfer to the beach and other facilities on the complex (at set times) Water activity centre, Beach Club with exclusive bar (at the Grand Principe Tulum) Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby and in rooms (free of charge) 1 international buffet restaurant 2 speciality restaurants 4 Bars 1 snack-bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 420 rooms including 4 types: Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite, Deluxe Garden Junior Suite, Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suite. Deluxe Garden Junior Suites and Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suites are larger than the Junior Suites and the Deluxe Junior Suites. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Sitting area with sofa-bed and armchairs Balcony or terrace Bathroom with shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Bathrobe and slippers Don Pablo Collection amenities Alarm clock with iPod docking station Flat screen TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe Iron and ironing board 24 hour room service Butler service in rooms Private Jacuzzi Wifi Pillow menu Aroma menu Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings and anniversaries, as well as corporate incentive trips and conventions Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and BookIt.com so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel Akumal
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Resort And Spa
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'An Don Pablo Collection Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico