“Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Stay Here” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection

Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Akumal
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Stay Here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Stay at the Grand Bahia Principe Sian Kaan:
10. Junior Suite -- Clean, bright, spacious, with nice contemporary design
9. Complimentary things -- Slippers, bathrobes, toiletries, daily supply of bottled water in room, all inclusive minibar & re-stocked daily, Coffee & Tea in the lobby, free parking, free in-room safe, free alcoholic beverage of your choice!! The list goes on.
8. Trolleys -- Yes Sian Kaan is not a beach front hotel, but the frequent trolleys take care of that. There are three or four different trolleys that go to different routes and take you around the facility such as the beach, the shopping area and the three sister hotels. They even have a small trolley to take you to your room when checking in and out of the hotel. The facility is huge!!
7. Jungle -- The resort is actually located in a jungle. The combination of nature and contemporary living is a nice touch. You hear soft bird chirps in the morning when you wake up.
6. Location -- Very close to several Mayan ruins like Tulum, Chichen Itza, Coba, and much more. I also prefer privacy over crowds. Cancun and Playa Del Carmen are more crowded. Also, when I'm at the beach, I just want to see water, trees, and blue skies. I don't want to see cars and sky scrapers.
5. Facility -- Clean, modern, and well maintained. Lots of services to choose from: plethora of a la carte and buffet restaurants, pools, bars, spa, gym, golf course, shopping, yoga
4. Beach -- Clean, Free drinks & snacks, Free beach towels, Free loungers, Bar service available.
3. Wireless Internet -- Fast and Free
2. Food -- The food is to die for. The quality is second to none. Especially at the main buffet restaurant. Nearly endless selection of culinary delights. Italian, Mexican, American, Asian, Mediterranean...
1. Service -- On top of all the awesome things, you have a staff that's always smiling and happy to serve you. Everyone is very friendly and very helpful. Its icing on the cake. It gives you that "I'm glad I chose this hotel" feeling.

Honorable Mention:
1. The beds were made with nice decoration to include towel art. Thank you.
2. Night life -- Everywhere you go there's always some sort of show, dancing, and singing going on and they even have a dance club where they played a variety of music inlcuding house, reggaeton, bachata, and more.
3. We were given an extra hour and a half to checkout. That helped out a lot.
4. For the first time in all my years of traveling, I didn't have to worry about spending time/money for beach towel, beach lounger, palapas, in-room safe, internet connection, food, drinks, snacks, minibar, 5-star dining... all at the same time!!

Improvements? Of course every hotel could use some improvements no matter how awesome they are, and here is a list of my recommendations. I hope they read this:
1. Room 41514 -- Our patio door wouldn't lock. In addition, after a night of heavy rain we noticed a small water leak in the window (bed side). Furthermore, the water pressure in the bathroom shower was a bit weak.
2. Beach -- Why are there Sand Whales in the beach? It is unsightly and I think it should be removed.
3. DJ -- The DJ at the dance club (shopping area) could improve his mixing skills a little bit. The music kept stopping in between songs. Please don't stop the music :-)
4. Check in time could be earlier than 3pm. Unless it's high-season I think you should be able to accomodate early check in without any problems. We arrived around 12pm and waited 3 hours. But we used our time wisely by having lunch and taking a tour of the facility riding along the trolleys.

These issues are so insignificant we didn't even bring it up until checkout. And it was more of a suggestion to the staff rather than a complaint. I'm already planning our next trip. Will definitely try the Jacuzzi Suite next time. Thank you Grand Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an for the wonderful experience and unforgettable memories!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank FrequentFlyer19
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Guest

First of all thank you for trusting in Gran Bahia Principe Hotels & Resort and for choosing us to enjoy your holidays.

We truly appreciate you taking the time to send your comments about your stay with us, the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are very important to maintain the quality at Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an.

Thank you for mentioning our staff, it is for guests like you who send us some kind words after their holiday, that they find every day the motivation and energy to keep on the good work. Also thank you for bring to our attention the things we can improve, you can however rest assured that we will take immediate an appropriate action for every detail you have described.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an and hope we can welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards from sunny Mexico,

Hotel G.B.P. Sian Ka’an

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,700)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
NEW HAMBURG
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

My apologies, this has turned out to be a VERY long review. Feel free to scroll to the end for the “Bottom Line” or read on to learn from some of our experiences.

Introduction

My wife (57yr) and I (62yr) love to travel and we LOVE Mexico. We are not snobby, nose in the air kind of people. We enjoy a good meal but occasionally grab a bite a McDonalds, both have their merits. When we do driving trips we will stay at more upscale hotels at our destination but the Holiday Inn Express for one night stops.

We travel to Mexico two or three times a year. In October we usually travel alone as it is our anniversary and over the Winter months we travel with family and friends.We travel to relax, not to seek out problems or fault in a resort that is just too much work.

So why go to the same resort 14 times? Well, like your favorite Steak House that you keep returning to, you know what to expect, it offers value for your dollar and you always leave satisfied and wanting to return.

I am not going to dwell on “this is a large resort”, it is. Or “say Hi to Carlos from the couple in New Hamburg”, there are over 4,000 people through this resort complex weekly don’t expect Carlos to remember you.

Booking and Pre-arrival

Reading reviews in Trip Advisor we determined that one of the Hotel Managers is a gentleman by the name of Juan Oliveira. We have known Juan for a couple of years dating back to his time at Gran Bahia Coba. I contacted Juan and received timely replies. He was a big help. We had several requests concerning dining and room location. We are well aware that not all requests can be met as we are just one of hundreds of couples, but he came through with a GREAT room location and all of our dining requests!

Tour Operator

We use Transat Vacations. They are the only tour operator that offers a First Class cabin which they call Club Class. The cost is reasonable and the service excellent. The seats are wider with enough legroom to stretch out without touching the seat in front of.

You have the option of selecting your meals in advance. Drinks are included as it a “comfort package” which includes a blanket, inflatable neck pillow, ear phones etc.

Both flights actually left and arrived early.The cabin attendants were very attentive. No issues with them at all.

Arrival

Many people have written about the situation at Cancun Airport so I won’t except to say, fill out your entire Tourist card and Customs forms. Once you have cleared Immigration, retrieved your bags and cleared Customs, do NOT stop walking until you are outside of the Terminal.

Once you are outside there will be a Tour Operator representative there to direct you to your transportation. They will also provide you with information about your resort and when they will be available at the resort to assist you.

For a number of reasons we do not use the bus transportation provided. Frequently you are delayed while people get their first Corona and have a smoke. Not an issue for me as I both drink and smoke it just delays your departure. Depending on how many people are at each resort you can have several stops along the 90 minute ride to Gran Bahia. Again, another beer and another smoke.

We use Private Transportation. Our supplier of choice is Lomas Travel. They are professional, well attired, and always on time. We most often opt for a stretch Lincoln limo, not because we are special but the price is right and I am on vacation. We have also used their Lincoln Navigators when there is just the two of use.

Last October we met some people at the Toronto Airport that were also going to Gran Bahia. When we talked to them the next day at the resort we found out that we had arrived at Gran Bahia BEFORE their bus even left Cancun Airport for what turned out to be over a two hour trip. Our ride from and to the airport was without incident or issue.

Arrival/Checkin

One word, smooth. Because we had our own transportation we were the only people at the check in. During the checkin process we were given a “welcome” cocktail, very refreshing and large. Within five minutes we were on the cart and off to our room. Our Bell Man gave a little tour of the grounds (more to follow on the grounds) before escorting us to our room.

The Room

We booked a Junior Suite Penthouse with rooftop terrace, it turned out to be an excellent choice! The room was very spacious, well appointed, clean and very comfortable. We were greeted with a chilled bottle of champagne and a floral arrangement.

We had requested and received a mattress topper as we are used to a pillow top mattress at home, another good decision. We found the bathroom to be well appointed with a large shower. The usual amenities were all first class, shower gels, shampoos etc.

The rooftop terrace was magnificent! Morning coffee watching the sunrise or evening drinks relaxing on a lounge chair was a real treat. We did use the hot tub a couple times in the afternoon more as a cool down than a hot tub.

Despite what I have read on other reviews I found there to be adequate storage for clothes and luggage.

There is a dining area and every night we received pastries as a snack. The mini fridge in the wet bar area was restocked daily.

The Grounds and Pools

Spectacular! This entire resort was built in a jungle area. Great care was taken to preserve as much of the natural environment as possible. Gran Bahia is very Eco aware and it shows. As you walk the winding pathways amongst the villas you are surround by both natural landscape and planted areas. At times you cannot even see the villas but they are mere feet away. It is very relaxing and quiet.

There are several pools. They are smaller in size as some reviews have indicated. I would describe them as more intimate. We have stayed at all areas of the Gran Bahia complex and prefer the “quiet” pools to the “activities” pools. Having said that, there were daily events put on by the Animation Team at the largest pool close to the Cenote 24hr Snack Bar. The Team puts a lot of effort into their day with the sole purpose of making YOUR stay more enjoyable.

I could write paragraphs about the grounds and there beauty, suffice to say we loved them.

The Beach

Yes, you have to take a tram to the beach. Unless you stay at Akumal Club Golden or Tulum Club Diamond (we have stayed at both) are luck enough to get a beach front villa, you will either have a nice walk or a tram ride to the beach so for us this was not an issue. In fact we rather enjoyed the ride. The trams ran frequently and we never waited more than a few minutes. On one ride to the Beach the driver quickly stopped the tram, we thought something was wrong and there was. A small turtle have made its way onto the road so the drive gently returned it to its habitat.

The beach area is private for the exclusive use of people staying at Sian Ka’an. The lounge chair are more comfortable and plentiful. We never had a problem getting a spot close to the water.

There is a bar at the beach area with waiter service. Some people have mentioned the service was sporadic. Let me think, sitting on the beach in Mexico with somebody serving me my favorite beverage while I read a book or listened to the waves, and I have to wait a couple minutes for service, oh darn!

Other reviews have commented on the large “wave breakers” and how they are unsightly. Well if they were not there then the beach would wash away down to its limestone base. People sure seem to enjoy sitting on them and having the waves wash around them. It also keeps the water close to the beach, calm and warm.

The Restaurants

This will be the shortest part of my review.

We have eaten at ever A La Carte in the Gran Bahia Complex. Prior to this trip, our favorites were Mikado (Coba) and Arliquine (Akumal). Now, hands down our favorites are the two A La Cartes at Sian Kan’an, Alux and Maiko!

Why? The service, the ambiance, the food ALL top notch.

The Buffet is also excellent, again the best in the Gran Bahia Complex. Where else do you get lobster on Saturday night. If you are a desert lover, loosen your belt you are going to need the extra space!

What is Next at Gran Bahia?

Sian Ka’an will be Adults Only as of 01 November 2012. I think this is an excellent decision. We were fortunate enough to meet with Juan Oliveira, of the Management Team. He shared with us that in the Coba Resort there is a water park under construction that is slated to open later this year. What this does is setup Sian Ka’an as the Adult resort and Coba as the Family Resort. The Gran Bahia Team, in my humble opinion, is right on track with these moves and with the four Resorts setup to accommodate different needs/desires they will have many more repeat guests. There is also a Convention Center planned for the Sian Ka’an Resort area.

The Bottom Line (Finally!)

Again, just my opinions!

I tried to find “true” fault or issues at Sian Ka’an (honestly I did not spend much time trying to be picky and whiney I was too busy enjoying and having fun). Sorry not one issue!

Sian Ka’an is a beautiful, well thought out and laid out resort. It is best suited for couples that want to be able to relax, and enjoy their vacation time. You still have access to all the amenities of the other Gran Bahia Resorts and the local attractions.

IF, being directly on the beach is your main priority this resort is not for you. I would suggest Akumal Club Golden. Akumal also has the best pools.

IF, you are on a family vacation, then once the water park is open, Coba is your best bet. Coba has always been our favorite until now. We have stayed there eight. We even have a favorite room 32737 which the Management Team at Coba arranges for us on each visit.

IF, you want first class accommodations, superior food choices, peaceful and relaxing atmosphere, attentive and accommodating staff, in an adults only environment then Sian Ka’an is THE choice! You will NOT be disappointed!

If you have any question about Sian Ka’an or any of the Gran Bahia Resorts please e-mail me I will be happy to assist.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank alrosenberg
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest

First of all thank you for your loyalty in Gran Bahia Principe Hotels & Resort and for choosing us once again for your 13th visit!
We really appreciate you taking the time to send some valuable comments about your stay with us. The comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are very important to maintain the quality at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an.

We would like to thank you for your positive comments and detailed review on our services, facilities and hospitality. We are pleased to know that you had a wonderful time during your recent stay at our hotel. Your comments about our services and facilities are very rewarding. Rest assured that your feedback will be shared with our team and will definitely encourage us to continually provide all our guests with the best experience they truly deserve.

Your review will definitely inspire us to consistently deliver our standards ensuring that we meet and exceed our guests’ expectations. We are honored that you have chosen our hotel as your
holiday destination and will be looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Warm regards from the Mexican Caribbean,

Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

We are just back from our honeymoon at GBP Sian Ka'an and we are so happy about our choice. When you decide to go in vacation, first of all, it's a good thing to make your search, read reviews, and set your criterias.

This is exactly what we did for a good 2-3 weeks, and we found the right place ! Everything was royalty and to be honest the food & service is incredible in general. I saw some reviews about gaining weight and this is exactly what happen, can't stop eating cause it's too good and diversified.

We saw so many peoples working on sidewalk, refreshing / painting buildings, blowing sidewalks, clean the beach, they work on all the details. We remember Angel at the lobby bar who's an awesome guy / bartender. Working like 3, smiling, we had such of fun with this guy !

Was surprised about the manners of peoples to not tip the workers. Thoses servers, bartenders, maids, bellboys, etc, work really hard, what is it to give 1$ for us ? I saw tables of 9-10 peoples, leaving without tipping the servers, its a shame ! In Canada, we give usually 15% of the bill in tip, so with a 50$ meal, even if its included in your package, what's wrong to give 1$?

Just to say that we really enjoy the place, golf is amazing (bring your own clubs !!!), it's relax and perfect place to disconnect. If you go there for the entertainment or to do the party, Sian Ka'an is not the place but, you have access to the 3 other resorts : Coba, Tulum and Akumal.

Probably go back to that place again, in a lovely trip maybe next year !

Thanks GBP Sian Ka'an !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Frank32
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Guest

First of all thank you for trusting in Gran Bahia Principe Hotels & Resort and for choosing us to enjoy your honeymoon trip!

We really appreciate you taking the time to send some valuable comments about your stay with us. The comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are very important to maintain the quality and improve our service at Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an.

It is for guests like you who send some nice words after their visit, that our staff finds every day the motivation and energy to keep on the good work. We also would like to thank so much for your kind mention of Angel our bartender, this is the best motivation for his team to keep up with the professionalism and service.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and also the golf course, hope we can repeat this wonderful experience in the near future.

Best regards,

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

In the past we have visited several excellent places of Bahia hotels chain, notably Cayo
Levantado and Ambar in Dominican Republic. We were happy there, we enjoyed our time
spent there - they are classy places to go to.

But after our very recent stay in Sian Ka'an we must say - after considering all aspects for enjoyable vacation - Sian Ka'an is the winner.

We will not go to the various specifics about restaurants, food, room, beach, service or people there, there are many detailed reviews already written by other people.

However we will say just this as the summary of our visit: it is a beautiful place, and truthfully - it is the best resort of all we have visited.

Everything goes and works there perfectly well, and if there is some problem it is promptly taken care of and fixed.

People working there are a great asset of that place and they play a big part of the total picture.

It would be very difficult to name them all, but if one person stands out, it is Ms. Claudia Novelo.

Bahia Principe organization must be happy that people like her work for them. Because they play a big part in the quality of the whole place that we, as visitors, can - and we do - enjoy.

Thank you all, we shall return.

Milan and Libuse

7 Thank MilanTravels
Dear Guest

First of all thank you for trusting in Gran Bahia Principe Hotels & Resort and for choosing us again to enjoy your holidays.

We are grateful for your comments regarding your recent stay at Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an, it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We are delighted that you have spent your vacation with us and that you enjoyed your stay at our facility. We will share your comments with our team and congratulate Miss Claudia Novelo for her great work.

Sending you my kindest regards from the Mexican Caribbean,

Sylvan Lake, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and I went in mid September...we booked the room with the private terrace w/jet tub. It is a beautiful resort! It was more like a private condo complex than a resort hotel. The rooms are modern, clean and very comfortable. I honestly have never slept that good, even at home! We found the food at the buffet was so good that we didn't even book an a la cart once! The staff was very friendly & always wanted to spend time talking to us & teach us Spanish. We especially liked the pool (that is off to the side on it's own) that had the three hot tubs in it...with it's own bartender :)Taking the 5-10 minute trolley ride to the beach was no biggie...actually I think we walked a lot less than usual. We never had to wait long for the next trolley...the longest we waited was maybe 5 minutes. The beach area for the Sian Ka'an was private & they brought drinks to you...you could literally just lay on the beach all day! The water was like a bath tub and the waves were very gentle. There is so much you can do...but we are lazy & like to just relax! The weather was great! This was a good time of year to go as it wasn't super busy and we could always find a chair at the pool or beach even with an umbrella for shade!

7 Thank Rhondaatwork
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Guest

We truly appreciate you taking the time to send your comments about your stay with us at the Riviera Maya. It is a pleasure to read that we met your expectations, the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are very important to maintain the quality at Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an.

The entire Gran Bahía Principe Sian Ka’an Team is very glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We are glad that our personnel have left a good impression. Your comment is a great motivation to our team to keep up with the professionalism and service.

We would be delighted to welcome you again at Gran Bahía Príncipe Sian Ka’an, your second home in the Mexican Caribbean.

Best regards from sunny Mexico,

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I liked the overall look and setup of the resort. I have no complains with regards to the location, just that there were enough bugs all around the place. Well that was an issue for me but not for my hubby. The resort had a lovely look overall. The bar tender "Angel" was an awesome guy. He always treated us with a friendly gesture and always had a smile on his face even at midnight. He did a great job!! The guys at the reception were miserable. I believe that except for some staffs many dont bother to keep a good record of their documentation. For some reason they all thought that we were mexicans and obviously if you see it that way, you can imagine the kind of attitude they would have on us. The girls at the buffet always gave us bad looks and would never offer coffee. How can you just look the people and say where they are from?
We had initially booked at Bahia Tulum, but on arrival we were sent to a bedroom with double beds instead of a kingsized bed. Since we arrived almost at midnight we complained the next day about it and as a compensation one girl(i forgot her name) was nice enough to offer us a room in Sien Ka'an with some extras such as, 3 MIN CALL & MEXICAN FIESTA TICKETS). We then accepted it and checked out of Tulum and went to the Sian Ka'an reception to check in. To our surprise we were told to go back to Tulum and check out again since they couldnot find the sheet that girl made us signed. I was so mad you have no clue. I had to argue with that guy and tell that we have already spent a day explaining our situation and finding another room. He then appologised for what had happened and after speaking to his manager sent us to our room. We thought everthing is going to be fine after this but to our surprise we had to speak at the recpetion twice about the "3MINS" phone call they offered!!! They sent us a bill for the free call they offered and we ended up paying for the extra mins i called. Well thats fine. But on the last day of our trip, while checking out the staff at the reception asked me once again to pay for the extra mins of my phone call, i then advised him that we have already paid for it and that too infront his manager. This was something i would never want to go through again!! dealing with such issues are very stressful!!
Everything went well apart from this and to our surprise we even signed up for the privilage club which i believe is not too bad. Just some extra bucks and i hope its well worth it. Lets see on our next vacation.
They had nice shuttle service and it was comfortable travelling in them. The drivers are very friendly and they always start speaking in spanish with us. We then had to explain that we dont speak spanish!! heeh, we just say Hola...
I didnt like the buffet at Sien Kaan. We always went to Coba which was an amazing buffet. Akumal and Tulum were fine as well. I found the employees at all the other places to be much friendly. We loved walking around Tulum especialy Hacienda!!
We did 2 excursions. Chichen and Xplor through xcaretexperiencias.com. We had two guides for the Chichen Itza trip, Manuelle and Carlos and they were two fun people to be with. We loved walking around the place and listening to our guides since me and hubby are both Mayan fans. But then i should say that it was toooo hot and i had to pour 3 bottles of water on my head just to cool me down. Xplor was great!! i hate heights and never go for any rides involving heights. But i went on ziplines!! wow, can you believe that?? i was at first scared to death, but then i did it. the other activites were great too.
We visited all the beaches in the Bahia Principe and had loads of fun. The a la cartes were good. We liked Miako better than anyother restaurants. As mentioned before apart from the annoying management staffs( who failed to keep a proper file system) we liked staying at Bahia and hope we will not experience this in the future since we are now privilage club memebers.....!! This was our honeymoon trip and we loved it!!
Just one more thing i would love to say... please dont try to judge people with their colour... i heard many looking at us and saying "Mexicans" and then starring as though we were aliens... we are brown skinned people from a different part of this planet!! Inbetween We met some really nice and polite dudes as well. As i said before we loved our room, the resort and the shuttle, also the spa!! but i just couldnot stand the behaviour of some folks!!

1 Thank Judy1985
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Guest

First of all thank you for trusting in Gran Bahia Principe Hotels & Resort and for choosing us to enjoy your honeymoon trip.

We truly appreciate your comments about your stay in order to continuously improve our service and standards. The comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are very important to maintain the quality at Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an and will be taken into great consideration.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the beach and the a la carte restaurants. And we feel very concerned about your disappointing with some of our services and the perception about our staff, the problems you mentioned are totally under our standards and we have already taken action in order to meet our values again.

The management and staff extend our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences which you may have experienced as a result of the situations you have brought to our attention. You can however rest assured that we will be giving these matters the proper attention and corrective measures where necessary will be applied so as not to have a reoccurrence of such.

Once again thank you for your time and comments, hoping to have a second opportunity in a near future to welcome you again at Gran Bahía Principe Sian Ka’an.

Bathurst, NB, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Sian Ka'an is a great resort! It’s a newer resort complex that’s been add to the large family of Grand Bahia Principe. We have seen them all, and Sian ka'an is for me the best of them. If you travel with kids go to Grand Bahia Principe Tulum. If you’re a college student go to Akumal. Has for us, we were a party of 6 adults aged from 35 to 42 traveling without are kids. We mostly spend are night out and days at the beach, so we were septic at first to book at Sian Ka'an, but very please we did. The resort is not directly on the beach but directly on a gulf club. We are not golfer but I could see that golfer must like that place, it’s really nice. The good thing is that you don’t have to golf to enjoy this nice place. The shuttle service for the Sian Ka'an is absolutely fantastic giving you access to a private beach section just for the people of Sian Ka'an. We are beach peoples and loved it! Note that we never had any problem finding nice chairs and that only Sian Ka'an clients gets a private bar, waiters services at the beach and towel service a the beach. Also, special mark shuttle for Sian Ka'an only. Sian Kan'an clients also have access to all others Grand Bahia within the complex but clients from those other Grand Bahia don’t have access to the Sian Ka'an resort, private beach and restaurants. So we party at the others and come home quiet to relax at Sian Ka’an loll...We could go eat in every buffets, every a la cartes (9 restaurants: suggest you pre-reserve before arrival), we could chose to access others beaches in the Grand Bahia complexes always with the express shuttle services from the Sian Ka'an or by small walk for the private Beach. The best beach is Akumal and Sian Ka’an. Akumal being very busy we were happy being on the private cozy beach at Sian Ki’an. There is also a buffet at the beach for Sian Ka'an clients but you can eat anywhere you want. Night Shows are also presented at Sian Ka'an but the bigger shows are at others resorts and are also access by shuttle from Sian Ka'an. So, you pay for one 5 start resort but you can play in 4 (Coba, Tulum, Akumal, Hacienda and Sian Ka’an). The other resorts, I would rate around 4 stars. Akumal is my second best. At the Sian Ka'an the pools are great and quieter. There are activities like aqua form but if you want more action you can go at Akumal. The restaurants and buffets on site at Sian Ka'an were the best for us and we try them all. The food was good everywhere but great at Sian Ka'an. Parties at the gulf club every Wednesday are really fun (lots of Canadians). It could stay open later. It’s a different crowd from Hacienda club so would of been nice to just spend the evening at the club house sometime. Hacienda is a club mix with young to old people, but mostly young. It opens really late, so for us with the time zone (Canada, NB) it was 2h00am at the opening. Nearly the time to go home!! Its would of been nice to go dancing earlier. You can also do all your shopping at Hacienda.

The room and anything’s related from building to décor was great at Sian Ka’an. It’s a new resort so everything’s new. It’s a modern style build in a jungle forest environment.
Over all, we like to try new place so probably won’t go back but if I was to got back again I would chose Sian Ka’an without hesitation. It’s a real 5 stars resort and you get real 5 stars services. I always said the staffs on a resort make a great deal of difference in the quality of a resort. We’ve been to great 5 stars resorts, with nice room and all but because the staff warn friendly, the experience wasn’t that great. Sian Ka’an has great staffs. Everyone from the cleaning service, bartenders, reception, animation, gardeners, cooks, etc…everyone was really nice to us. I was even surprise…I am Acadian, so I normally speak French but I’m fluent in English and understand a bit of Spanish. The guy at check-in heard me talk to my friends in French, so went I got to the counter he served me in French to my great surprise. The nice lady at the restaurant booking also speaks really good French…There were a lot of people from Quebec and Nouveau Brunswick on the beach….and it was great to be in Mexico. Until next time!

Room Tip: Facing the pool if you like sun on you deck, facing jungle if you want shade. Room with spa on grown...