I liked the overall look and setup of the resort. I have no complains with regards to the location, just that there were enough bugs all around the place. Well that was an issue for me but not for my hubby. The resort had a lovely look overall. The bar tender "Angel" was an awesome guy. He always treated us with a friendly gesture and always had a smile on his face even at midnight. He did a great job!! The guys at the reception were miserable. I believe that except for some staffs many dont bother to keep a good record of their documentation. For some reason they all thought that we were mexicans and obviously if you see it that way, you can imagine the kind of attitude they would have on us. The girls at the buffet always gave us bad looks and would never offer coffee. How can you just look the people and say where they are from?
We had initially booked at Bahia Tulum, but on arrival we were sent to a bedroom with double beds instead of a kingsized bed. Since we arrived almost at midnight we complained the next day about it and as a compensation one girl(i forgot her name) was nice enough to offer us a room in Sien Ka'an with some extras such as, 3 MIN CALL & MEXICAN FIESTA TICKETS). We then accepted it and checked out of Tulum and went to the Sian Ka'an reception to check in. To our surprise we were told to go back to Tulum and check out again since they couldnot find the sheet that girl made us signed. I was so mad you have no clue. I had to argue with that guy and tell that we have already spent a day explaining our situation and finding another room. He then appologised for what had happened and after speaking to his manager sent us to our room. We thought everthing is going to be fine after this but to our surprise we had to speak at the recpetion twice about the "3MINS" phone call they offered!!! They sent us a bill for the free call they offered and we ended up paying for the extra mins i called. Well thats fine. But on the last day of our trip, while checking out the staff at the reception asked me once again to pay for the extra mins of my phone call, i then advised him that we have already paid for it and that too infront his manager. This was something i would never want to go through again!! dealing with such issues are very stressful!!
Everything went well apart from this and to our surprise we even signed up for the privilage club which i believe is not too bad. Just some extra bucks and i hope its well worth it. Lets see on our next vacation.
They had nice shuttle service and it was comfortable travelling in them. The drivers are very friendly and they always start speaking in spanish with us. We then had to explain that we dont speak spanish!! heeh, we just say Hola...
I didnt like the buffet at Sien Kaan. We always went to Coba which was an amazing buffet. Akumal and Tulum were fine as well. I found the employees at all the other places to be much friendly. We loved walking around Tulum especialy Hacienda!!
We did 2 excursions. Chichen and Xplor through xcaretexperiencias.com. We had two guides for the Chichen Itza trip, Manuelle and Carlos and they were two fun people to be with. We loved walking around the place and listening to our guides since me and hubby are both Mayan fans. But then i should say that it was toooo hot and i had to pour 3 bottles of water on my head just to cool me down. Xplor was great!! i hate heights and never go for any rides involving heights. But i went on ziplines!! wow, can you believe that?? i was at first scared to death, but then i did it. the other activites were great too.
We visited all the beaches in the Bahia Principe and had loads of fun. The a la cartes were good. We liked Miako better than anyother restaurants. As mentioned before apart from the annoying management staffs( who failed to keep a proper file system) we liked staying at Bahia and hope we will not experience this in the future since we are now privilage club memebers.....!! This was our honeymoon trip and we loved it!!
Just one more thing i would love to say... please dont try to judge people with their colour... i heard many looking at us and saying "Mexicans" and then starring as though we were aliens... we are brown skinned people from a different part of this planet!! Inbetween We met some really nice and polite dudes as well. As i said before we loved our room, the resort and the shuttle, also the spa!! but i just couldnot stand the behaviour of some folks!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 4 outdoor pools (1 with Jacuzzi) Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Transfer to the beach and other facilities on the complex (at set times) Water activity centre, Beach Club with exclusive bar (at the Grand Principe Tulum) Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby and in rooms (free of charge) 1 international buffet restaurant 2 speciality restaurants 4 Bars 1 snack-bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 420 rooms including 4 types: Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite, Deluxe Garden Junior Suite, Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suite. Deluxe Garden Junior Suites and Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suites are larger than the Junior Suites and the Deluxe Junior Suites. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Sitting area with sofa-bed and armchairs Balcony or terrace Bathroom with shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Bathrobe and slippers Don Pablo Collection amenities Alarm clock with iPod docking station Flat screen TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe Iron and ironing board 24 hour room service Butler service in rooms Private Jacuzzi Wifi (free of charge) Pillow menu Aroma menu Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings and anniversaries, as well as corporate incentive trips and conventions Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Resort And Spa
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel Akumal
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'An Don Pablo Collection Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico