Booked this hotel last minute, I have to admit the roof top terrace won me over. It was a wonderful location, really no issues not being right on the ocean because the trollies are there very frequently. The grounds spectacular, very lush and tropical given the property is only a year old, one would never know.
The pools are clean and really no issue finding a chair as others have complained about. The private beach on the ocean was a reasonably small area but the beachside service was great. Our favourite beach ended up being Akumal which you have access to whenever you like. The beaches are a bit rocky so beach shoes would not be a bad idea. Not the best beaches I have been too but none the less wonderful. Make sure to bring your own sun screen as it ranges from $20-$40.
The room was really modern and nicely decorated, ask for a topper to go on top of your mattress because as others have said the beds are rather firm. The roof top terrace was romantic and wonderful but I am sure now that we have been, that the garden room would be equally as nice especially if you are in your senior years, there are a lot of stairs but it really was not an issue for us. The air conditioning in the room was never cooler than 22 or 23 even if set lower they must have a cap on it. We stayed in building 18 which was at the far end of the resort rather private but it did get a bit noisy at times as it is the closest to the pool with most of the activities. The only annoying part of that was that they tend to play the same music over and over, lets just say I was sick of Adele when we got back. Would I stay again. YES in a heart beat.
We only tried one al la carte restaurant "Dolce Vita" and that was fine but superior Italian food it is not, but folks one must remember, this is Mexico not Italy. Overall the food on any of the buffets was really good and there is almost too much selection.
We do not golf so I cannot comment on the course but I can say they are beautifully kept.
La Hacienda is a spot where the disco, shops and a few bars are very nice and convenient to purchase gifties to bring home, the bartering was fun and the sports bar makes the best strawberry daiquiri I have had in years. We did not go to the disco, just not our scene.
Leaving the best for last the service was spectacular, everyone very friendly and helpful from the front line service staff to the grounds keepers to those poor guys that clean the sea weed off the beach. The lobby bar was really nice to hang out and have a drink Oscar and Laura both provided excellent service.
Oh a quick word to the wise avoid going to the time share presentation. It is very expensive but the free gift was nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 4 outdoor pools (1 with Jacuzzi) Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Transfer to the beach and other facilities on the complex (at set times) Water activity centre, Beach Club with exclusive bar (at the Grand Principe Tulum) Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby and in rooms (free of charge) 1 international buffet restaurant 2 speciality restaurants 4 Bars 1 snack-bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 420 rooms including 4 types: Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite, Deluxe Garden Junior Suite, Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suite. Deluxe Garden Junior Suites and Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suites are larger than the Junior Suites and the Deluxe Junior Suites. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Sitting area with sofa-bed and armchairs Balcony or terrace Bathroom with shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Bathrobe and slippers Don Pablo Collection amenities Alarm clock with iPod docking station Flat screen TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe Iron and ironing board 24 hour room service Butler service in rooms Private Jacuzzi Wifi (free of charge) Pillow menu Aroma menu Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings and anniversaries, as well as corporate incentive trips and conventions Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Resort And Spa
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel Akumal
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'An Don Pablo Collection Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico