“Handy place”

Ranked #7 of 38 Restaurants in Akumal
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Canada
“Handy place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

This little lunch and breakfast counter was clean and handy as you are slightly isolated when you stay at Half Moon Bay. The prices seemed a bit high though.

Visited April 2012

TN
“Why the good reviews?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

Everyone said not to miss this one, but is so missable. They hardly notice you are there to order.The food tasted old and was less interesting taste-wise than our local southern US taqueria. Not impressed.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank curryleaf95
Boulder, Colorado
“Closest to budget you'll get in Akumal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

Food isn't cheap in Akumal but the Loncheria is a relative bargain. The menu is extensive and the prices are pretty doggone good. We ate lunch there once on our trip and I commented that I wished we'd eaten there sooner. If we had, we'd have eaten a lot more meals there because it was good and reasonable. I thought of it as local comfort food.

I had chilaquiles with red chile and they were very good. I love chilaquiles and everyone makes them differently; these I enjoyed a lot. My husband had enchiladas mole and he said his were also very, very good. I don't care for mole or I'd have given them a taste. Our young teen eating machine eats everything and enjoys all cuisine, but he'd been "collecting" cheeseburgers from different places. He said this was the best because they used American cheese (the only acceptable cheeseburger cheese in his opinion).

I think we paid in the neighborhood of 70 pesos per person, $5 or so at today's exchange rate, and drinks were about 15 pesos. Not a bad deal, really, and I do wish we'd found it sooner!

• Visited April 2012
Repentigny, Quebec
“Best roadside snackbar around.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

Everything is excellent and affordable. Stop by, you won't regret it.

Visited February 2012
Moscow, Russia
“Good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

Great food, fast service, good price especially in comparison to other restaurants in the area

Visited March 2012