“What a Gem!”

Dining options: Drinks, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“What a Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

We were so pleased with the great flat bread and awesome cocktails, we wish we would have discovered it sooner! So much better food quality and prices than the places right on the beach.

• Visited January 2014

Stafford, United Kingdom
“Amazeices!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Really yummy had mango , kids had banana & toffee I think .....just the ticket! Enjoy, really yummy! What more can I say, not the best ever, but pretty good, I would come back if in the area!

Service was quick, but it wasn't busy, rainy day in Mexico!

Clean place off the main path, side posted with a board!

This is a tiny place, but lovely....pop in if in you are not far away!

Really fresh & tasty, the cones were very crispy & good too....what more do you need, lunch at the Turtle bay, ice-cream here, nap on the beach after....perfect! X

Visited December 2013
BC, anada
“Delicious ice cream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

The title says it all. Great ice-cream with a wide range of interesting flavors. A previous reviewer obviously had an unhappy experience with Lucy's ice-cream, but when I was reluctant to try it, I was overruled by my family. Many ice creams later, we were all problem-free. (We all know that even the best restaurants can have a rare occurrence of food poisoning.)

Visited December 2013
Longmont, Colorado
“Oh my goodness the ice cream is to die for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

I visited Lucy's after many years of coming to akumal after I heard they were under new management by one of my favorite restaurants Turtle Bay Cafe- they have once again outdone themselves. Their ice cream flavors are so varied (I counted over 20 kinds) and all made in house. With non dairy and vegan options there is no doubt everyone in your travel group will find something incredible to delight their taste buds. My favorite is the dark chocolate habanero- a must try as they also let you sample the flavors to make sure you are more than happy with your selection. If you are anywhere near akumal- you have GOT to stop by this place- guaranteed smiles all around :)

Troy, Michigan
“Good Food, Great Ice Cream!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I only went there for a quick breakfast twice and an ice cream run but I enjoyed it all. I got the skillet once and it was good, nothing crazy but no complaints :-) Our waitress was a little on the sour side but everyone else we encountered there was friendly.

Another time we got pastries and smoothies and those were delicious.. It was definitely a great idea for breakfast on the run before our Tulum adventure. Just what we needed.

The ice cream is awesome! The fresh Mint Chocolate is to die for.. I love that it really does taste like real mint. SO good! The dark chocolate habanero was pretty darn cool and the salted caramel was tasty too. Wish I had more people in my group so I could've tried more ;-)

• Visited December 2013