“Mango ice cream!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Akumal
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My honey and I went to Lucy's Kitchen most afternoons, after our jaunts exploring Tulum and Coba Mayan ruins, for excellent homemade ice cream. I loved the Mango, and Turtle Tracks, my Honey loved the Chocolate and the Mango too! Strawberry was a bit sweet for our tastes. It's located at the Turtle Bay Restaurant in Akumal. One scoop is plenty!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

No complaints here - Lucy's is simply the best ice cream (and baked goods) around. There is something for everyone!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

The ice cream was sinfully delicious! This little place is located in a charming spot, the seating is under a palapa with brightly painted chairs.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This was totally our fault - I had read so many GREAT things about Lucy's ice cream so as our day was winding down in Akumal we headed there for a cool treat. Both my son and I got violently ill about four hours later. Looking back - the scoop that the young lady used to serve our ice cream had been sitting in what looked like very dirty water and then wiped it off on a dirty towel. The ice cream itself (salted caramel) was delicious but I won't be eating any ice cream for a long time to come. So, just please be sure to ask them to use a clean serving utensil to avoid losing hours of your precious Mexican vacation.

1  Thank Divot
Reviewed November 26, 2013

The selection and flavor of the homemade ice cream is the best I have ever had. Open every day early- located inside Turtle Bay bakery. Was addicted to the dark chocolate habanero y salted caramel and have the souvenir 5 pounds to show from it!