“fish to die for”

Lol-Ha on Akumal Main Bay
Ranked #6 of 38 Restaurants in Akumal
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A view of Lol-Ha Restaurant and Snack bar from the tip of Akumal Bay. Lol-Ha offers seafood, steaks, pizza, mexican food and great burgers. It is kid friendly, casual, and has the best view of the main bay. Check for weekly live entertainment and look into our romantic dinners on the beach. Our staff will welcome you and make you feel at home. New management as of 2009. Same owners since 1984.
Reviewed August 31, 2014

went for Happy Hour and stayed for dinner because every dish I say that left the kitchen was worth ordering. I had the deep fried grouper and can promise that I will have it again

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Beautiful setting. A bit crowded on the day we were there b/c of the World Cup. But it was an unforgettable experience watching the finals with people from all over the world. The food was good and my son could run into the water while I watched from our table.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

We stop here every time we come to Akumal- love the food and the service is great. The servers are very accommodating and it has a great view. Loved the guacamole!!!

Reviewed August 19, 2014

It's just such a beautiful place. Food is great and the service impeccable. Little spendy, but worth it. Try the Mayan coffee for dessert. It's fun to watch them make it.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

When I go to Akumal Bay beach, I tend to rent a chair at Lol-Ha. I really like that aspect of their business. It's only $7.00 for the day, and greatly adds to my comfort level while at the beach. The chairs are all in a fenced-off space, with ample shady areas and areas exposed to the sun. I also ate at Lol-Ha on my recent stay, and was disappointed. The food presentation was lovely -- but frankly, the meal itself was mediocre. I got a combo plate of Mexican dishes. The meats were very dry and the food was tasteless. I requested their habanero condiment, and that saved the day. It was well-made and at least added some flavor to a basically dull plate. So, thumbs up on the chairs, as well as on the fact that the restaurant is right on the beach (lovely) but thumbs down on the food itself.

1  Thank AssikoGal
Akumal2u, Owner at Lol-Ha on Akumal Main Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

I recently tasted the combination plate you ordered and realized it needs work! I agree it is not up to our standards and we are working on getting a really tasty Mexican combination plate that incorporates the true tastes we were trying to get!

I am so sorry you did not get a taste of the new improved version. Please come back and try us again!

Sincerely.