“Location, location”

Lol-Ha on Akumal Main Bay
Ranked #6 of 38 Restaurants in Akumal
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A view of Lol-Ha Restaurant and Snack bar from the tip of Akumal Bay. Lol-Ha offers seafood, steaks, pizza, mexican food and great burgers. It is kid friendly, casual, and has the best view of the main bay. Check for weekly live entertainment and look into our romantic dinners on the beach. Our staff will welcome you and make you feel at home. New management as of 2009. Same owners since 1984.
El Paso, Texas
“Location, location”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

This place had great service and reasonably priced food and drinks that were never watered down. It is the only restaurant that was located directly on Akumal Bay. Open air. You can swim right in front of it with the turtles.

Visited November 2013
Akumal2u, Owner at Lol-Ha on Akumal Main Bay, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for your review. We feel privileged to be in such a beautiful location in Akumal! I am glad you enjoyed it !

Come back soon for more cold drinks and food with a view!

Best wishes
Laura Bush Wolfe
Owner

Darwin, Australia
“Food is overpriced, but great location”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Food was fine, servers are very well spirited and happy to attend to you. We especially enjoyed the lol ha burger. Bathrooms require a little ticket that any of the servers can provide you with.

• Visited December 2013
Thank you for your review. We try to give the best value for the price of our food and drinks. It's a challenge to stay within the acceptable range of pricing and still meet all our overhead.

We are glad you enjoyed our Lolha Burger! It is our signature burger!

We hope you come back and visit us soon!

Best wishes
Laura Bush Wolfe
Owner
“Cool place”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Best food in teh area, great happy Hour, good atmosphere, right on the beach. Servic eis very friendly and it is the best way to end a day on the beach.

Visited November 2013
Apple Valley, Minnesota
“THE place in Akumal”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We went here on the first day of our trip and went every day after that either for beers, happy hour (which is a hoot!) or dinner. The wait staff is excellent. We had 8 people and no one had a bad meal ever. The chips and dip are great. Totally recommend this place!
I was just there on the week of December 1 2013.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Pasiuk57
Newman, California
“Do not order any Italian dishes”
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

We stop on two occasions. The totopos (tortilla chips) are the best In the area. In my opinion fried fish is their best dish. Even though I'm a vegetarian but my family seemed to enjoyed it. Their vegetables are very well prepared. I ask about their pesto and was told that it was fresh by the waiter. When I got my plate it was rancid. I was expecting the dish to be taken off my bill but I was still charged for it. Then I got a vegetarian pizza and guess what? Instead of using tomato sauce they used the same rancid pesto ad the base sauce. I did not want to make a scene since I had told the waiter initially that theirs were the best totopos in the area. I ask to pack it but just to toss it in the garbage. Service was very good but next time my family wants to go diving to akumal and are hungry I will just get their tortilla chips and vegetables to have a pleasant experience.