“Can't beat the location!”

Lol-Ha on Akumal Main Bay
Ranked #6 of 38 Restaurants in Akumal
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A view of Lol-Ha Restaurant and Snack bar from the tip of Akumal Bay. Lol-Ha offers seafood, steaks, pizza, mexican food and great burgers. It is kid friendly, casual, and has the best view of the main bay. Check for weekly live entertainment and look into our romantic dinners on the beach. Our staff will welcome you and make you feel at home. New management as of 2009. Same owners since 1984.
london
“Can't beat the location!”
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

We have not had a meal here, only a continental breakfast - coffee, juice, sweet pastries, or for an afternoon snack and drinks - jalapeño poppers and pina colodas are great!
The capachino is the best in Akumal and the Mexican sweet pastries are delicious.
A pretty dinner snack of jalapeño poppers and a couple of drinks right on the beach is the best way to ease yourself into a warm December evening on the Mayan Riviera. Pins colodas and mango daqueries are fantastic.

1 Thank jez+stacy

Tampa, Florida
“Perfect”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

You just can't ask for more: sublime location right on the heart of the Akumal beach where the snorkelers go to see the turtles, fast, attentive, and friendly service, tasty, fresh food right from the sea, all served at family-friendly prices.

This is not gourmet, mind you, just the real deal.

1 Thank BirdManFL
canada
“Still As Good As I Remember”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Had lunch here the other day and it was as good as the first few times we visited. Service was excellent and the food was very good, allowing for the usual wait time as things are not as prompt in Mexico as they are in other countries. We ordered various things from lobster to shrimp tacos and everything was good.

1 Thank Allan W
Bonn, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
“Nice food at the beachfront”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We just returned from our fourth visit from Lol Ha, and it was absolutely nice again!

The food is really good, allthough you have to pay the price for eating directly on the beach, but it is still ok for the service and the variety of foods you get. Personel is friendly and watches your empty glasses closely. Bottles will not be empty for long. I like that. :-)

We did try the mexican food and had some burgers, all in all really nice and good food.
I would not hesitate to recommend the place to anyone. Eather for a quick drink while relaxing at the beach, or for a nice dinner.

But be aware, they close at 9pm, so you better be there at 7 to have enough time.

1 Thank MarcBN
“Better than it has a right to be”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

With this location, Lol-Ha could do a very profitable business serving mediocre food and giving mediocre service. Instead, we had one of the best meals of our trip while feeling very well taken care of. We came to the beach for the day and rented lounge chairs. I declined beach service and went to the bar when we wanted water or beers. I handed the bartender my credit card so he could run a tab, and even when it got busy later in the day and there were many people at and behind the bar, he always saw me coming and had my drinks before I even felt that I was waiting. At lunchtime we shrugged on our shirts, came in and sat at a table. We passed a group that had a huge, good looking pizza, but I was set on fish and ordered the whole fried grouper. I wish I were at the computer from which I could share my photo of it, because it was a marvel: sixteen inches long, grilled crispy and almost hard on the outside, tender and moist everywhere within. None of that fish went to waste, I can tell you! We washed it down with excellent margaritas, made in the local style with agave nectar instead of triple sec, and went back to the sun.

1 Thank JohntheEditor