“Terrific authentic Mexican lunch on the beach”
Review of La Lunita

La Lunita
Reserve with OpenTable
La Lunita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 38 Restaurants in Akumal
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were on an excursion to Coba and Tulum, and our guide selected La Lunita for lunch. Absolutely beautiful patio overlooking the beach, and terrific food! I had the fish tacos which were the best all week. And great drinks. It was our favorite meal of the week. The food was included in our excursion, so I don't know about the prices. But we paid for our drinks and they were very strong and inexpensive.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

The ambiance was excellent on the terrace. I loved my mango margarita (special price), and food was good - just not outstanding and stingy portions.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

To start off the 3 of us were given different menus!
We all had different soup that was stone cold.
My mother then had the fillet of beef that looked and tasted like tuna. And was rare compared to the medium well she ordered.
After complaining the waiter argued and got pieces of raw tuna & beef from the kitchen, the beef was a grey color and not red. They could give no explanation for this, but now after thinking about it must have been cooked in ceveche! Why is it not explained? After this we were ignored for over 40 minutes.
The place is terrible and no value for money.
Its problems lie in no management present and no experience or training for the waiters.
Worst restaurant in Q. Roo.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We went for dinner and to cal the atmosphere romantic is a stretch. The inside tables were in a brightly lit area so we chose to sit outside on the beach where it was chilly and windy (not their fault). Started with a glass of wine and knew it would probably go downhill from there. They brought a tiny wine glass of wine, only less than half full. I doubt there were two full ounces in it. We ordered the appetizer with a trio of items for 115 pesos (around $10) and were horrified by the quality and the quantity. It was quite insulting. The main course, I had the duck enchiladas with mole sauce which was quite good, but not fantastic and my husband had the lobster tacos which he said were very good. Portions were small so we were glad to have the bread which was brought to the table, which we usually don't touch. Dinner with oneappetizer, two small glasses of wine and two entrees came to 650 pesos. I wouldn't go back.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

The coconut shrimp were very tasty and served hot. Lovely view as we sipped a refreshing cool drink.