“Expensive - overcharges customers”
Review of La Lunita

La Lunita
Reserve with OpenTable
La Lunita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 38 Restaurants in Akumal
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2012

To begin on a positive note the mango margaritas at La Lunita are very tasty. The restaurant can be reached by a walk on the beach in North Akumal or short drive from town. Wait staff pleasant and food overall good but.....compared to all other restaurants in the area is the most expensive. The big negative for me is their ongoing practice of overcharging "la quinta" - the bill. Three of four times over a ten day period the charges were wrong - over charges by 200-350 pesos.

There are newer reviews for La Lunita

Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

I was at la lunita last week with my parents and even though they don't have a children's menu they made me anything I wanted. Its turtle season and there's so many turtle nests right there so I asked the waiter which one was due to hatch soon I haven't seen one yet. I had such a great time it was really fun

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Maybe this is just a trend in Mexico, but the service was terrible. Waiter was inattentive and forgetful, and unapologetic about it. The set up is attractive with white tables and candles on the beach, and the food was pretty good. The stuffed pepper appetizer was great, coconut shrimp pretty good, and my husband had the paella which he loved. However, the cold and soulless service would keep me from going back. Not a fan.

1  Thank carrie l
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Can't beat the view,
the sand,
the food,
the SERVICE!!!

try Lime Margaritas on the Rocks!!!!

delicious!!!

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I had the best Ceviche EVER!! Grandkids ordered fried flank steak and chicken tostados. The lemonade was perfect. The kids and I loved having our toes in the sand, and watching the beautiful ocean below. Superior service, food, and ambiance. I would go here again and again. Thank you for the wonderful time we had at your restaraunt!

1  Thank Squawboots