“La Buena Vida Resturant”

La Buena Vida Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in Akumal
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children
Description: On the beautiful beachfront of Half Moon Bay in North Akumal is a one-of-a-kind restaurant and bar: La Buena Vida - The Good Life. La Buena Vida always has a festive atmosphere with great music, cold beer, scenic ocean views, and good fresh food. Meals are served on the beach under shady palapas with a casual atmosphere and an appetizing menu, ranging from fresh ceviche to tasty hamburgers. La Buena Vida is a popular restaurant venue for weddings. The rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, and reception can all be planned by the team at Akumal Weddings. Reservations Not Required! Reservations are accepted for groups of ten or more. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Pesos, and US Dollars.
Boston MA
“La Buena Vida Resturant”
Reviewed November 19, 2009

We visited this resturant with edventure tours! It was a awesome location right on the beach we sat at a table outside literally on the beach. The service was good the food and drinks came out pretty fast I had chicken fajitas which were delicious. They had a really cool bar with swinging seats around it. I would deff recomend visiting this place if you are in the area!

Chicago
“The Name Says it All!”
Reviewed November 13, 2009

Wonderful food, excellent service, a view that is second to none, and those caressing Caribbean breezes! La Buena Vida is a must for all visitors to the Yucatan! In my 20+ years of traveling to Cancun and points south, I NEVER miss a trip or two to La Buena Vida!

Chicago
“Memories of this place gets me through my cold Chicago Days”
Reviewed November 11, 2009

La Buena Vida is the one constant I can count on during my trips to Mexico. Even if I'm staying in Cancun I make the trip to savor the view, food and atmosphere. This is my idea of vacation!! Cold beer, wonderful service, marvelous food while sitting with my feet up and the ocean breeze in my face.

Center Valley, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful views!”
Reviewed October 18, 2009

We had lunch here during an Edventure Tour. While the prices are higher than eating lunch at a crappy Midwestern Mexican restaurant, we felt they were in line with the view & the portions. My husband & I shared a plate of chicken fajitas; add two Sprites and our bill was under $20. Our food was served fairly quickly and was warm & fresh. Everything is pretty mild but they offered a spicy salsa to pep things up.

Service was good...they checked in often enough to keep us happy but left us alone to enjoy the views. They have a beautiful spot on Half Moon Bay.

It's definitely a good stop if you want decent food and a gorgeous view.

2 Thank MrsKruse
Houston, Texas
“A MUST if you are in Akumal”
Reviewed August 26, 2009

La Buena Vida is located in Half Moon Bay about a 10 or 15 minute walk north of Akumal beach (take the roads past the condos or get a cab). The location is quiet and gorgeous and even less busy than Akumal beach, which is so idyllic compared to Playa Del Carmen. The restaurant has treehouses in a couple palm trees so you can enjoy a beer and the view of Half Moon Bay. They also have swings by the bar. I could have sat here all day just enjoying the breeze and gorgeous view. The fish tacos were awesome. If you head to Akumal to do some snorkeling, you should definitely head over to La Buena Vida.

2 Thank jcyan13