4,119 results
All reviews pacific express french restaurant star friends rooftop bar star prestige ocean front el nopal specialty restaurants entertainment staff dressel divers bike tour golf course other resorts pool games chairs and umbrellas turn down service all inclusive resort
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The resort itself is beautiful and magnificent. On top of that the service was not only over the top, but phenomenal. Everyone was so quick to serve you and meet your needs. The entire staff is super friendly, outgoing, and happy. To be more specific, this guy named Jaime Flores from the kids star club was amazing with the kids and got along with all the parents. He gave it his best whenever he was working. On top of him, another guy named Ismael from the breakfast buffet was a server/ waitress who was wonderful. He was very attentive and fast and would already know what to serve my family in the mornings. Last but not least, Michael from the Mexican Restaurant ( El Nopal) and Japanese Grill was outstanding as well. These three people mentioned were the reason my vacation was made even better and I would highly recommend anyone to go to this resort!

1  Thank domenicabedon
Quality Manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Selection Playa Mita, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Iberostar Selection Playa Mita and for sharing your experience with us and with the TripAdvisor community.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the beauty of our facilities and that the exceptional service of our staff, particularly of Jaime, Ismael and Michael exceeded your expectations.

Likewise, we will gladly share your kind words with our team to encourage them to keep striving to offer all our guests a memorable vacation experience.

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family vacationed here for a second time this year. Our stay was for 6 nights. By the 5th night, all three of my children were sick. Upon returning home to the US, they had to be taken to the hospital. All three had contracted Ecoli 157. We barely made it home on our flights.
The 1st time we visited, we had no problem with food/water contamination. This time, the food was overrated, and even quite disappointing. We never had a good meal. The food was bland, cold food was served room temperature, and even the drinks were subpar.
The staff was polite and tried hard to keep us engaged and entertained, as this was the best part of our trip. However, good health is much more of a priority, so we will not be returning to an iberostar resort.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank KristinaWhittington

Dear guest,

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about your recent experience at our resort.

We are concerned to read about the mishap that you experienced and we sincerely hope that your kinds are doing better now, moreover, it is worth to mention that We always strive to strengthen and improve our services and procedures with the objective of offering our guests the very best possible experience, we assure you we are fully committed to our guests and to their safety and well-being.

Likewise, in order to ensure High-Quality standards, we have daily inspections carried out by our Quality & Hygiene department and a third party company.

Furthermore, as we do not take our guests’ comments lightly and we assure you that we will forward your feedback to our Management and the corresponding departments for a proper follow-up.

We offer you a sincere apology for the inconveniences you experienced, and we truly hope you can give us the distinct honor to welcome you once again and change your perception towards our resort.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I were finally taking our first big trip together and after quite a bit of research we picked this resort. Upon arrival we were quite impressed. We upgraded our room to oceanfront and were escorted by golf cart to our new digs. The views were incredible from our balcony.

Shortly after however we realized 5 star was quite different in Mexico. Our shower towels were so rough, our sheets were always damp from the humidity and our tile floors were so incredibly slippery I fell a few times. We called and asked house keeping for soft towels and they promptly brought them. That should be automatic. After all, this is 5 stars! I spoke to someone at the pool regarding the other complaints and they told us their room had a dehumidifier so there was no issue. We called and were told they would bring one right away. 5.5 hours and multiple phone calls later we had a dehumidifier. Clearly they know there is an issue so they should be in every room.

This is where they earned the 1 star ranking. Management is AWFUL!! my boyfriend slipped coming out of the pool bathroom on the slippery tile. His leg split open and he had to get 8 stitches at the onsite medical center. This was day 3 of our 8 day vacation! We spoke to a few different people in guest relations regarding this and there was ZERO SYMPATHY. No apology that this happened, nothing. We finally were able to talk to the manager of guest relations Marco and he was so unimaginably rude. We were slapped with a $600 medical bill that the resort not only wouldnt pay, but the man went on to insult us. He said in these exact words, " I have over 1000 guests here and you two are the only ones who fall, you in the room and you at the pool. Is this something you do everywhere you go?" To say I was pissed was a giant understatement. Not once did anyone say they felt bad this happened or that they were sorry, but instead this man belittled us for 20 minutes.
Food was decent, drinks were good, concierge were very helpful and friendly, but when the unimaginable happens...be prepared to be treated like garbage from management.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kellikay9

Dear guest,

First and foremost, we thank you for choosing our resort on your most recent vacations.

It is important to mention that the safety and well-being of our guests is our main priority, therefore, our Housekeeping and Maintenance staff daily verifies that our rooms and common areas are in tip-top conditions for our guests’ enjoyment, nonetheless, we will forward your feedback to the corresponding department for a proper follow-up.

Furthermore, on behalf of our Management, we extend you our most sincere apology for the mishap that you experienced and if we did not make you feel as the very special guest that, you truly are for all of us.

It is in our hope to welcome you back once again to have the opportunity to change your perception of our resort through the exceptional service that has always characterized our brand.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is our 3rd trip to Iberostar Playa Mita. Each time we come, we are treated with the best care by the staff. If it is your first time, the staff will get to know what you like and how best to serve you in short order. Return and wow! Those little details that you'd think they would forget are remembered and your experience somehow goes from the best to better.

Mildred! Mildred! Mildred! You treat us like family and we truly appreciate it. During this trip, my 19 year old daughter (who has no known allergies) needed medical attention and ultimately ended up staying the night in a hospital for an allergic reaction that is still unknown to us. Although we didn't know it before, Iberostar has a doctor on site 24/7. We were so thankful that Mildred and her staff were there to coordinate everything with the medical staff and provide not only a watchful eye, but supervision over the situation. On top of the already great service we were getting, you go above and beyond the call of duty here, thanks again.

If Mildred wasn't there, Yair was there to assist us with anything we needed with seamless transition. It seemed that we didn't have to explain any requests that we had made because Yair was fully briefed by Mildred and visa versa. The only thing I can suggest is that other Iberostar locations should take a close look at how Mildred does things and take notes.

I have to take the time to recognize a few other folks.
The bar tending staff as a whole were all great, stand outs were Armando & Evemiel. Thank's for making the perfect drinks and sharing your suggestions on new cocktails.
Panchito! Thanks for the tasty treats, always with a laughn smile and a song, many times dancing or encouraging us to dance. The food is always better when you make it.
Alex, thanks for everything

The staff and Management of Iberostar Playa Mita, I want to you know that, as returning guests, we are so pleased to see that the facilities and services improve for the better. We have had great experiences and have enjoyed the restaurants never with any complaints or an observation that something was lacking in any way, however we see the more reliable wifi and faster internet speeds. The steaks in the steakhouse have improved as well. The shows are getting better. The list goes on. I am happy to see that Iberostar, as the best resort in the area still strives to be better. Like I said before even though you deliver the best, you somehow seem to find ways to surpass yourselves and make it even better.

Wile on this trip (which is now an annual event) we discussed amongst ourselves why other guests return more often to Iberostar Playa Mita (sometimes 3 and 4 times a year) when there are so many other beautiful resorts in the Iberostar family around the world. The answer here is the people from the bottom to the top you get the best service ever.

With all that said, my next trip will be this September at the Iberostar Grannd Rose Hall, we hope that the service will be at the same level as we get here in Playa Mita. After that, we will return to see you in May of 2020!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Quality Manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Selection Playa Mita, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear guest,

On behalf of our Management, we thank you for your loyalty and for making Iberostar Selection Playa Mita part of your vacations.

We couldn’t be happier knowing that our team, especially Mildred, Yahir, Chef Panchito and all the people who had the honor of serving you personally, made significant contributions to make your stay so memorable.

Thank you for your lovely review. We are sure that you will very much enjoy your stay at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall and meanwhile, we will be looking forward to your next vacation with us in 2020!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

So after 2 years of living in the wonderful Quebec weather, shoveling the roof, the car, the driveway etc... while thinking about the south, my wonderful and sexy wife decided that it was time that we went on a trip to Mexico, once again. This time, we selected the Iberostar Selection Playa Mita. Since they added the ‘’Selection’’ to the name after we reserved, I suspect that this addition has something to do with my wife attending the premises(!)...

It was our first visit to the Puerto Vallarta area. We had been to the Riviera Maya on several occasions over the last few years. We found the weather a bit more comfortable on the west coast, a nice breeze made the heat much more tolerable.

Leaving our beautiful cold and freezing country could not have been done fast enough! Fleeing what seemed to be an endless winter, we arrived in this sunshine country to our amazement. As stated often, the resort is located about 45-60 minutes from the airport. However, we got Mario Andretti to drive us in about 35. What a pilot that guy was, taking every possible shortcut to avoid traffic lights, stop signs or whatever stood between him and his ultimate goal. I do suspect that this driver is not paid by the hour nor is he part of any union...

Checking in was very smooth as we had requested (after reading previous visitors reviews) that our room would be located on the golf side, since we wanted to avoid to cope with the Hilton’s construction noises. Everything we asked for was granted.
If you read all of my previous reviews, not on my gorgeous wife but the ones on trip advisor, you know by now that we do not really care about the room’s size, as long as it is neat and comfortable. Wish granted! King size bed and plenty of room, garden view with partial ocean view; bathroom very small but plenty of space for all makeup, lipsticks, eye shadows, body creams, etc... all the stuff that the Princess needs and deserves to improve, if possible, her amazing beauty (did I mention that she must approve this review?). We, unlike some of our neighbors got a vast walk-in shower, and boy, did we need and enjoy that...

The only blemish was that the mini fridge that was not very efficient. As a matter of fact, we had the first one replaced, but the second one was not even better. Drinks would be fresh but never got cold. But hey! I peaked at Super sexy wife and decided that it would not be an issue... Of course, a safe in the closet, tv on the wall and be sure to watch channel 31 where you can witness the festival of the worst movies ever made; it is in fact hilarious, except to a serious Gorgeous wife (Let’s say her sense of humor is not as good as her beauty...Ouch!)

The resort is not really big but very well laid out. The theater and the disco are located downstairs and away from any guest room, so no one should complain about late noises coming from one of those places. We walked in and out of the compound, after dinner and took advantage of the sights and sounds of nature. I assure you, we never saw any snow.

The beach is exceptionally gorgeous. Yes, the sand is light brown and not white, yes there are some scattered rocks but most, if not all of them, are rounded, thus will not hurt any feet, as sensitive as they may be. We walked towards the north side every morning for at least 45-50 minutes, remember, we are from Quebec and the only time we can walk in sand is when we inadvertently walk into a cat’s litter box... On your way north, after you passed the Hilton’s future sight, there is a pond with crocodiles. We were lucky enough to meet one and I must admit, its bite is pretty strong, oh! I had 2 feet; anyway, I can spare one for the memories...

The ocean is something else. I love waves (although I hated the new wave era), but these are particularly fun to ride, or should I say, drink! Yes, that wonderful salty feeling in your throat, be prepared for that if like me, you are no Michael Phelps! But hey, it gave me a chance to receive mouth to mouth resuscitation from Wonderful wife (I did mention that she’s paying for these trips, did I?). To get to the beach, you can either walk down a steep hill or take an elevator. Another great service is the chair and umbrella set-up. They will place your chairs wherever you prefer and provide shade with an umbrella if you desire. They do not, I repeat, they do not apply sunscreen, so Sexy Wife had to do it... Yes, you will see some vendors but those guys are very respectful and will not push you to buy anything.

If there is a viewable sunset, there is no better place than past the pool on the rooftop. A small bar and lots of seating with 2 swings for children or a Sexy wife... The best place to get some pictures that will fill your backup disc.

We usually do not spend much time at the pool, but this time was an exception. Pools were great here. There are actually 2 and both have decent depth, compared to most other resorts we have been at. Since the weather was not that warm (for Mexicans at least) the water was fresh and inviting. Waiting service is excellent and chairs are numerous. I particularly appreciated that this resort acted on its policy of removing any unattended towel prior to 9 in the morning. Anyway, even if you get by the pool after lunch, there usually are chairs that are still available. A Star Friend comes by twice a day, at least, and offers to trade your wet towels for new ones. Please note that you cannot, unfortunately, trade your wet swimsuit, at least it did not work for me...

The food was usually pretty good. Of course, meals get a bit repetitive but at least hamburgers and pizza were pretty good and made a fairly good last solution if nothing else is to your liking. We usually attended the buffet at night and were always satisfied. We went to the Pacific Express 3 times and it was excellent. Salmon for the Queen and steak for the writer were amazing. My sexy and ravishing wife felt sick for a day and had not eaten at all. At night, chef Aldo (remember that name) came to us inquiring about her health. When he was told that she was sick he went to the kitchen (I HOPE!) and came back with chicken noodle soup that he had prepared exclusively for her Majesty. (Please note that I was still the one to get lucky that night)... We did not go to either Japanese, Mexican or steakhouse, but comments from friends that attended were positive, except for the steakhouse, which everyone seemed to be disappointed about.

There is a coffee house which serves, not only coffees but also herbal teas, cold lattes and also sandwiches, wraps, pastries, doughnuts and cookies. We spent quite some time here, the cappuccinos being absolutely wonderful.

We do not usually care for the shows at night. We normally prefer to go out to a nearby town, but, this resort being very isolated, that is impossible unless you have a lot of stamina and a great pair of legs. So after we would walk in and out of the resort, we would attend the shows at 9:30. We were amazed. Most shows involve the band which is pretty good. There are four singers (the tall lady being the best), a pretty good band and amazing dancers, especially the smiley girl one (for me). The theater itself is very comfortable and has more than enough seating room.

We did go to Sayulita spend a morning by using the shuttle offered by the Hotel. For 120 pesos per person, they will take you there at 9h40 and bring you back by 12h30. It is a small village that is obviously a surfers town, but some boutiques where you can find cheaper souvenirs.

Finally, what really amazed me the most about this resort were the workers themselves. From our cleaning lady, to the Star Friends, most waiters and even maintenance people, most of them always had a smile or nodded at you whenever their path crossed ours. We have been to several resorts but never had we seen so many smiles from the workers.

We liked it so much that Sexy wife thought of spending a third week, but we had to face reality and we decided to go back to our native land after all. By the way, be prepared to spend a lot of money if you need to eat at the airport...

We certainly will come back to the Iberostar Selection Playa Mita eventually. For the time being, I will continue enjoying my time with Super Sexy Wife and be nice, so she can take me on our next adventure abroad.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jocelyn C
Quality Manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Selection Playa Mita, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Iberostar Iberostar Selection Playa Mita for your recent holiday.

Every day our team strives to provide our guests with memorable experiences and make them feel at home through an attentive service, beautiful facilities and tasty creations made by our Chefs, and we are glad that in conjunction with our entire team we have made you and your wife’s trip such a wondrous experience.

Thank you once again for sharing this review of your holiday with us, we hope you had a nice journey back home and that you will continue making Iberostar part of your vacation lifestyle.