“Amazing paradise....”

Iberostar Playa Mita
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We just got back from our family vacation from Iberostar Playa Mita - Puerto Vallarta - and I totally recommend tis place to anybody, couples, or families with kids. The staff is incredibly nice, always with a big smile, no matter who early or late, they are always working and smiling. The hotel is beautiful, HUGE and very clean. Nice restaurants, you need reservation for 4 of them, and I highly recommend the Japanese one. Not only for the show, but the food is really delicious, and my kids liked so much we went twice in 4 days. At night, they do shows, every day of the week is a different theme, so you really do not get bored. Shows were very well done, amazing dancers, and very creative. I would say the only down side - if you are addicted to pillows like I am - pillows, at least in my room- were awful. I could not be comfortable with any of them, so bring you own pillow!
BTW, this hotel is far form city centre, far from the already popular area of hotels. They are building this new area for hotels and it is really beautiful, just do not expect to be close to anything.
Totally recommend this place! THE MOST beautiful sunsets I had ever seen!!!!

Room Tip: If they could get a room facing the sea it would be awesome.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank monicaiza
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Playa Mita, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear guest,

We wish to extend warm greetings from IBEROSTAR Playa Mita and thank you very much for sharing your review about your stay with us.

We are happy to read that you and your family enjoyed the Japanese restaurant so much, and as you know, in addition to the Japanese we also have a Gourmet, a Mexican and a Steak House restaurant available with reservation for our guests.

IBEROSTAR Playa Mita is located on the North side of the Bandera´s bay; a trendy destination in Mexico that has pristine beaches and many secrets yet to be discovered. We are also 15 minutes away from Sayulita, a typical Mexican town full of life and tradition that offers picturesque restaurants and well selected pieces of jewelry that come from all over Mexico.
Thank you again for giving us the opportunity of being your host during your holidays and make it a memorable one.

We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Our best regards,

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I went with my husband to Iberostar Playa Mita for an extended 4th of July Holiday. I was worried about spending so many days in the same place, but the Hotel was so good that we didn't feel like going out. The room is nice, modern and clean. Food is great. They have 4 different restaurants for dinner and we had a good experience in all of them. Staff is friendly and very nice. The hotel is new (6 months old) so I'm hoping they will keep the service the way it is now for the years to come.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ellen M

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences on TripAdvisor. It is a pleasure for us to know that you enjoyed your stay more than what you expected.

We appreciate the time invested in highlighting the friendliness and high quality service provided by our staff.

We will be looking forward to a second visit from you!

Best regards,

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Very nice visit. Enjoyed the accommodations and customer service of the staff. Very friendly and efficient. Overall, good experience and I would come back and also would recommend to others. We were traveling as 3 couples, there were lots of kids. Would be better suited for families.

What we loved:

1. Pool and Beach - nice quiet beach at the your feet and pool was nice.

2. Customer Service - most everyone is friendly and helpful. Seems most employees are happy and treated well here. I don't usually tip at all-inclusives but made it a habit to do so here.

3. Room service was top notch -- cleaned and folded our clothes. Also had nightly turn down service.

4. Drinks - plentiful and always flowing. Good selection of name brand liquors as well. Not quite top shelf but def not rail.

What could be improved (all fairly minor):

1. Better quality bed and bedding. Blanket and pillows should be feather or down. Also the bed was kinda lumpy. Definitely not 5 star bedding.

2. The open door for the shower looks great, but not functional as it is not wide enough and water is always seeping out and collects onto the floor. At times water ran into the hall.

3. Bathroom sink faucet is also not functional - spout is not long enough. Water spilled onto the sink.

4. Room doors could be weighted to close automatically. Almost left the door open several times.

5. Food - Quality of buffet food was above average. However, very disappointed in ALL of the specialty restaurants. The Mexican one was the worse. Do not bother! Japanese was also mediocre at best. Steakhouse was decent. The quality and variety was lacking, as the restaurants appeared to serve the same exact food as the buffet (especially the apps and desserts). Also, did not like that the appetizers for all restaurants was buffet style. Did not enjoy having to serve myself.. ruined the experience for us. Also room service menu could be expanded.

6. Towel Cards - The policy is you get as many cards as you like and trade them in for towels. However, they will charge you $10 per missing card... this is just silly. Should get rid of this practice all together. Did not like the pressure of having to account for my towels.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank YCQ2014

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to express your opinion and observations with other readers.

We appreciate your nice words regarding the hotel facilities, staff and services. Please be assured that your feedback is certainly being taken in consideration.

Please accept our sincere apologies because we were unable to satisfy all your needs. It is so important for us to know our guests’ opinions and act upon them in order for us to improve our facilities and services. Your opinion on the different aspects of our resort will be shared with the Department Managers to keep working on meeting all our guests' expectations.

We hope you give us the opportunity again of having you in the near future and treat you with the excellence that you deserve.

Receive warm greetings from IBEROSTAR Playa Mita!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I just completed a 5 night stay at the Iberostar Playa Mita. I was there from June 28th through July 3rd.
Many of you readers might remember me from my Trip Advisor reviews from the Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso in Playa del Carmen. I have been there eighteen times since it opened up eight years ago!

The Iberostar Playa Mita just opened up in December of 2013. It is about 5 minutes away from Punta Mita town and about 15 minutes away from Sayulita. It has 452 rooms with 40% of them having two double beds. This is really a nice feature!
This resort is being managed by Mr. Jesus Bosque. Many of you might remember him from being the manager for eight and a half years at the Iberostar Lindo Maya in Playa del Carmen. He still runs a tight ship and it certainly shows it in all areas of this beautiful resort. His assistant manager is Ms. Pilar. I only had the opportunity to speak to her briefly one time, but I was told if I needed anything to let her know. She is very dedicated in her position,
I had the privilege of eating at all four of their specialty restaurants. They have a Japanese, Gourmet, Mexican and Steak House Restaurant. I loved the food at all of them. The quality of food even at the buffets were excellent. They even have a Coffee Shop that is open from 9:00 am until 9:00 pm. The carrot cake is to die for. I never tasted carrot cake as good as this in any resort that I have ever been in! A special thank you to Mr. Miguel for making sure I had a piece of this dessert before I left the resort for the airport.
The entertainment is top notch too. The Star Friends are always there to entertain you in their special events that they carry on throughout the day.
I had the honor of meeting the Front Desk Manager, Mr. Nestor Cifuentes. He is always there to help you if you have any special room requests. He is a really sincere and caring individual. The Spa Rooms and the Junior Suite rooms are the best for the view of the ocean! The Sunset Bar is very nice!
I also had the honor of meeting the Public Relations team. The Manager is Mr. Leonardo Gallo and his two assistants are Ms. Abril and Mr. Angel. What a dedicated team of workers! They are always checking on their guests to make sure that your stay is a most enjoyable one!
If you are planning on getting married at the Playa Mita, Mr. Samuel Barajas is the contact person for this blessed event.
I have traveled throughout the world and I would definitely suggest that you have this resort on top of your vacation destinations. Trust me, you will not be disappointed! I know that I will be returning!!

Room Tip: The Ocean Front Rooms are the best!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Gary T
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Playa Mita, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. Your opinion of your stay at IBEROSTAR Playa Mita motivates us to continue with our mission of exceeding our guests' expectations.

We feel honored to hear that you had a great time with us, we appreciate very much your loyalty and preference during these years.

We would also like to thank you for your nice words regarding the hotel facilities, the food quality, and services received.

In relation to the coffee shop, we would like to comment that the opening hours are from 9:00 am to 10:00 pm. We will share all your positive comments with Mr. Bosque, Pilar, Leonardo, Nestor, Angel, Abril, Miguel and Samuel, so they will know that they contributed to making your holiday so special.

Receive a warm greeting and a friendly HOLA from IBEROSTAR Playa Mita.

All the best,

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Perfect relaxing holiday in a luxuruious hotel environment including great sea view experience including the delights of dolphins and rays. Excellent food in all 5 restaurants. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful, especially Martina (Main Bar), and Claudia and Wendy (Pool Bar).

The main bar musical entertainment was great, being provided by The Black Sheep Band; whose wide genre cover and varied set-list was superb.

Another nice touch was that the hotel had put aside a separate room to host the viewing of the World Cup - excellent idea and well recieved.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ian S

Dear guest,

We are delighted to read your positive comments.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our facilities and our friendly staff. Thank you for highlighting their efforts; we will share and congratulate them, especially Martina, Claudia and Wendy because they contributed to making you feel like stars.

Thank you again for giving us the opportunity of being your host. Needless to say that we will be more than happy to welcome you in your next visit here at IBEROSTAR Playa Mita

Receive a warm greeting and a friendly HOLA!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stayed here for a week in early June. The resort itself is beautiful, grounds very well kept and surprisingly nicely grown for being so new, and the pool area is very nice. This resort is very geared towards families, and there were many children during our stay.The Views from most of the areas in the hotel are stunning-- mountains all around you.
There is definitely some room for improvement, but as a new resort I'm sure these things will slowly work their way out.
We had a hard time getting dinner reservations, coming in on a Sunday night, we couldn't get anything until Wednesday. When we did get to these restaurants, only a handful of tables were taken.
Food overall was middle of the road. The lunch buffet poolside could use some more choices, and a new layout, it was quite difficult to get food with so many children running in/out of the buffet.
Everyone in my group thoroughly enjoyed the Pacific Express (my experience there wasn't so good, but it sounded like it was overall a good spot) -- the Japanese and Mexican both were good.
Two things that we noted are different at this property-- No alcoholic drinks are served at the Buffet (with the exception of wine) and room service was strictly 10 items, one being a breakfast item and no coffee. It would have been nice to have a little more selection, and coffee delivered in the morning to our room.
All the staff was very accommodating, just in need of more of them-- mostly in the restaurants and the main pool area seemed well understaffed. The Bartender at the Swim-Up pool was fantastic, just needed some help.
The resort seemed very empty during the week, with many locals coming in on the weekends.

I loved the Sunset Deck, but the bar definitely needs to stay open later, as there is no where to get a drink outside of the Lobby area when all the way out by the beach.

The Rooms are very standard, I found the beds to be very comfortable-- bathrooms are very small. We had a slight mold problem in our room and everything including the bedding was very damp all week.
Towel cards I found to be a bother, only allowed one towel a day, no exceptions.

I think the most important note about this resort is it's location. It's is about an hour from Puerto Vallarta, good for some/not so good for people who really want to explore PVR and do excursions. In time, I think this area will offer much more, but for now Sayulita is the closest "town" to visit in the area.

Room Tip: We had a pool view room and still wonderful views of the beach and most importantly the sunsets!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank cruisinkim

Dear guest,

On behalf of all our staff and Management team, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing us for your vacations.

We appreciate your nice words regarding the hotel facilities, staff and services. We are pleased to know that you were able to enjoy so much of what Riviera Nayarit has to offer.
In relation to the alcoholic drinks, we would like to mention that our hotel counts with seven bars all spread out in the property offering service from 8:00 am to 3:00 am. The Sea and Soul bar (sunset deck) is now open until 11:00 pm.

Our Housekeeping Department do their best to eradicate the humidity in the rooms. We will pass on your comments on this to keep looking for solutions. Our apologies about this.
Once again thank you for your feedback; it will all be looked into. Hopefully you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to IBEROSTAR Playa Mita.

Receive warm greetings from all of us.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

The beach is fabulous for walking, playing soccer or body surfing. The ocean front rooms are truly ocean front. Fantastic sunsets from the ocean front bar. Great mojiotos and my son loved the kids camp.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Christine M

Dear guest,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity of being your host.

We would like to thank you greatly for taking the time to share your great experience with us at IBEROSTAR Playa Mita.

Thank you very much for your lovely comments on our services. It has always been our main purpose to provide a service that exceeds expectations.

Best regards!

Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita
Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita
#2 of 11 in Punta de Mita

Been to Iberostar Playa Mita? Share your experiences!