“Good relaxed place right on the beach”

Mariscos Tinos - Punta de Mita
Ranked #30 of 59 Restaurants in Punta de Mita
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I took the bus from Nuevo Vallarta to Punta Mita. We have eaten at several restaurants in Punta Mita but we like Tino's the best. It is an open air Mexican restaurant that seerves primarily seafood. The place is very clean and the staff very nice. We were there on a Sunday so the clientele were mostly Mexican families. I have had the zandeado several times and it is always good so this time I had shrimp in a bechamel sauce. It was very good but I would have preferred it without the creme. They serve it many ways so that is not a problem. My wife had the shrimp with coconut and it was very good as well. We had a chardonnay by the glass and it was very good. I also had a beer. The beer selection is not very extensive. We also had flan and icecream for dessert. The total bill was a reasonable 500-600 pesos. Will go again on our next trip.

Jorge C, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Mariscos Tinos - Punta de Mita, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

hola!
thank you so much for your opinion, we hope see you soon.

best regards,

Reviewed January 15, 2013

great service, very good food, very friendly service. they cooked the fish i caught for 50% of menu price a couple different ways.

Jorge C, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Mariscos Tinos - Punta de Mita, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Sam
Thank you for your opinion, we hope see you soon.

best regards,

Reviewed January 10, 2013

The day we visited Mita poured rain all day! We stopped at Mariscos despite the open air concept. The only closed in restaurant was closed that day. It's a cute restaurant right on the beach. 3 of us shared a grilled sea bass that was excellent. I didn't care for the mixed veggies as I thought they were overcooked and a little too buttery for my taste. I'd give it a try again if I were back there.

hola!
Thank you so much for your opinion, we will take care about it.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

We had been going to la laguna for 15 years but first time in punta mita not such a good experience .place was not bussy food come drinks come all on one shot fish showed was not the the right kilo and they were told easy on the salt did not hapened tino you must make changes ...bill
Not a good experience

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Decent, average meal - nothing great. Service was slow, the fish wasn't bad but wasn't memorable. Dessert was the best part. I imagine normally the views would be great, but it was rainy and a bit chilly when we went.