“Excellent but...”
Review of Carolina

Carolina
Reserve with OpenTable
Carolina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 58 Restaurants in Punta de Mita
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The jewel in the Crown, Carolina offers a seductive and bespoke fine dining restaurant experience. With her five diamonds and AAA rating Carolina showcases the very best of modern Mexican cuisine from Chef Jose Meza Arroyave. Using only the freshest of local ingredients Carolina offers a unique and magical culinary journey
Wilmette, Illinois
“Excellent but...”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My wife and I dined at the Caroline just last week. The food and service are excellent. The menu is creative. The atmosphere is what I would call friendly but restrained. Our only complaint is that the serving portions were very small. We ate at 5 different restaurants in Punta Mita during our stay and as good as Carolina is we would both rate it as #3 of the five.

• Visited February 2014
cemberson, Chef de cuisine at Carolina, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear Larry G

Thank you for spending your time to comment in your recent visit.

we are pleased to hear about your great evening, we also notice in your feedback a comment about our portions, we are sorry the we did not meet your expectations.

I'm working on a local inspired menu for your next visit.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again and we hope you will give us a second chance to satisfy you with other menu options and our attentive service.

regards from the kitchen

Sincerity

Los Angeles, California
“Practically Perfect In Every Way”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My fiancé and I had the absolute pleasure of dining here while staying at the resort on Valentine’s Day and I only wish I lived closer so that Carolina could become my “go to” special occasion spot.

We were blown away by the creativity of the menu that allowed seasonal and local ingredients to shine in the most flavorful ways (the tomato dish is something I will be thinking about for months).

In addition to excellent food and ambiance, service is impeccable. I believe our server was named Antonio and he conveyed such a wealth of information and enthusiasm towards the menu that dovetailed with the splendid execution of the food. Also when I had a question about the two Sauvignon Blancs on the menu, he brought the sommelier by who had me try both wines and even opened a brand new bottle to ensure that the taste was to my standards (it was!)

Order the Mexican coffee if you crave an interactive and delicious cocktail.

Dear Melanie

Thank you for taking time to comment about your wonderful experience.
we are very happy to hear the you had a great especial.

I share your kind review with our sommelier, Alberto Hernandez and with our team, they were very excited to know about your great evening.

Thank you again for you generous comments.

We can' wait to welcome you again.

Sincerity

Massachusetts
“One of the best in Mexico!”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Carolinas at the St. Regis Hotel is one of the very best restaurants in the country, and it certainly lived up to its reputation the night we ate there. Excellent ambiance, great and attentive service, and a full and varied menu highlight your experience. Be sure to finish off you meal with a coffe with liquor combination and be entertained by the flame show!

We stayed at the St Regis, and we were sorry to only get to Carolinas on only one evening!

cemberson, Chef at Carolina, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Greetings from St Regis Punta Mita

Thank you for taking your time to comment about your wonderful meal at Carolina Restaurant.

We greatly appreciate you generous review, I have already share your feedback with out team.

we are looking farward to welcome you in your next visit to Punta Mita

Warm regards.

Castle Hill, Australia
“EXQUISITE FOOD!”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

An amazing dining experience with service to rival anywhere in the world and the food surpasses some highly regarded restaurants elsewhere!!

Visited January 2014
cemberson, Chef at Carolina, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Simon K

Thank you for taking time to commet about your visit to Carolina Restaurant

I have already share your review with the kitchen and service staff, and they are very happy to know about your great experience.

We are lookind forward to welcome you in your next visit to St Regis Punta Mita

Best regard

Miami, Florida
“Great Restaurant and Service”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Luis Flores, our waiter, was outstanding!! Food incredible!!
Great atmosphere!! A must in Punta Mita. Greatly recommended.

cemberson, Chef at Carolina, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Greetings from St Regis Punta Mita.

Thank you for spending your time to give us detailed feedback.

I shared your kind review with Luis Flores, and he is happy to know about your great evening.

We look forward to seeing you again at St Regis Punta Mita.