“memories to cherish”

Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 1, 2003

My husband and myself came back after a week of all inclusive march 4-11th . ALL I can say it that it was fantastic, service , food, entertainment ect. The people who complained they had a terrible time, I think you were somewhere else, or a constant complainer!!!If you had a rotten trip, too bad, cause a holiday is what you make of it. It is people like you who give such a joke of a review, all anyone has to do is look at 98% of everyone else's to see what whiners are really out there! Go viva, and a toast to the staff at the resort, we and others will be back forsure!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,916)

nanaimo bc canada
Reviewed March 31, 2003

Hola! My name is Angela and I have already wrote a review in here before i went to club viva on march 17th. As i said before I have already been to Club viva on Spring break 2002...and I just got back from Viva again this Sping break 2003 and this time i had an even more amazing time! My best friend Melissa and I became friends with all the staff! Ruben, Fernando, Inder, Vicky, Nadia, Al, Jamie, Carlos, Jose,.....the list goes on. I had the best time of my life at Club Viva this Spring break and Melissa and I even had tears as we left. As soon as we got home here in BC Canada...we decided right away...we are coming back! ASAP! everyone who is reading this...i cant even begin to explain how perfect club viva is. Im not going to talk about the food and everything else because im sure you hear that a lot! go to club viva....you will never want to leave! see you soon viva! adios!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 30, 2003

We took our boys ages 5 and 7 to Viva for a two week holiday. I can't say enough good things about the resort. It was spotlessly clean; the food was great; the service was top rate; and the evening entertainment was professional and entertaining!! My boys loved the kids' club and a special thanks to Omar who made my youngest son's vacation very special. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone. But I would especially recommend it to anyone who has kids. My boys and I will be back next year.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, IL
Reviewed March 29, 2003

We went to Viva Vallarta in November 2002... It was way too far away from Puerto Vallarta, the food was not good except for the hamburgers and omeletes, the staff was nice, however with a few of them it was real obvious they were two faced and just trying to put on a happy face. The workout room was terrible and too hot, and the adult pool sucked. When you are laying in the hot sun, and then try to take a cool dip in the pool, there is nothing worse then continually stepping into hot water! I kept thinking that they would fix it the next day, but no. If you are looking for a cheap vacation this is fine. You can definitely eat, drink and sleep here, but don't expect any bells and whistles.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 27, 2003

My husband and I just returned from a 3 night vacation to Viva Vallarta. I have been to Mexico before, but it was my husband's first visit. We wanted a hassle free vacation and so we chose this all-inclusive. We had a fantastic time!!! The staff was very friendly - those at the water sports sure made us feel at ease. Special thank you to Hugo and German who helped make sure my husband had good instructions for surffing, wind surfing, etc. The best part for us was no needing to worry about anything. Food was always available...I highly recommend the guacamole at the snack bar...drinks were excellent and not at all watered down, the food at the buffet varied, but we sure didn't go hungry. I loved breakfast and our meal at Portofino. The rooms were clean and comfortable - it was obvious they took great care to keep the resort looking its best. I also enjoyed the morning water aerobics, the male instructo was my favorite, but I didn't catch his name. We enjoyed being away from the hubbub, although I know other reviewers found it to be too isolated. If we had stayed a day or 2 longer (which I wish we had) we definitely would have ventured into town. We loved the boogie boarding in the ocean and the availablity of the relax pool - it was truely relaxing. Lots of families/kids at the main pool - if you aren't a beach person and you want to avoid the kids, it could be a problem, but the beach was great - some families, but not overrun with kids. We will definitely return for a longer visit!!

1  Thank travelermcb
Chicago Illinois
Reviewed March 26, 2003

I've been at other all inclusive hotels and this one takes the cake as to why people might be apprehensive about going all inclusive. It was terrible, nobody on the staff cares how the place looks because most or all of the people are not going to tip them. Nobody goes around to pick up the glasses after people are done with their drinks and then you have a million bees swarming around the empty glasses (i got stung on my leg by one, so you can imagine how livid I was!). It is so so so so far from Puerto Vallarta (it's actually in another state, but they don't tell you that) it takes about 45 minutes from downtown Puerto Vallarta to get to the hotel. It was my worst vacation experience i have ever had, and i go to Puerto Vallarta almost twice a year. We figured we would try staying this time in Nuevo Vallarta to try something different. Boy were we wrong, NEVER AGAIN.. Please take my word for it. GO STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 24, 2003

I am a 21 year old female and I went to Viva with my 21 year old boyfriend for spring break 2003. Viva Vallarta is a five star hotel and you really feel like your roalty there. The staff will try to make you feel as good as possible they are very, very nice. The resort has great food. A snack bar which you can get nachos, hambugers, hot dogs and fries, then they have a buffet restaurant that has all kind of different food. They also have two restaurants a Mexcian one and an Italian one. Make sure you don't just order the main course at these restaurants because the corses are pretty small. So order an app. main corse and dessert. The drinks are pretty watered down so have lots of them. Don't purchase any trips that require taking a boat unless you know the waves are not going to be huge the day of the trip. I payed for a trip to go snorkeling and we never went because the waves where huge and everyone was throwing up on the boat, and I didn't get my money back. If your a girl and you get your hair braided make sure you have a hat or something to cover your head because I ended up burning my scalp and having my forhead swell up like a baloon. The adult pool has the hot tub going into the pool itself so when you get into the water it's like stepping onto hot soup. The other pools have pretty cold water. I would recomend going Horse back riding with Apple vacations because you ride the horse to a beautiful waterfall, and the pictures come out great. I loved it at Viva Vallarta and would recomend anyone to go there for their vacation.

3  Thank MKW81
Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta de Mita
W Punta de Mita
W Punta de Mita
#6 of 11 in Punta de Mita
Grand Sirenis Matlali Hills Resort & Spa
Grand Sirenis Matlali Hills Reso...
#1 of 2 in La Cruz de Huanacaxtle
#3 of 11 in Punta de Mita
Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita
Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita
#1 of 11 in Punta de Mita

Been to Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!