Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
6,977 results
All reviews sports bar ribs adult pool hemingway bar salt water pool travel club mini zoo a la carte restaurants main pool ocean pool the mexican restaurant mobility issues boogie boarding jacuzzi tub main buffet guest services city tour
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

tremendous time....and a tremendous place.......the staff and entertainers were fantastic especially Abril Barbosa Hernandez;.....so much to do there and so big and beautiful of a place....but we became friends so fast and were treated like family.....Abril was such a big part of our expirience......we will be back , likely many times.......the food , the shows and the fun were top notch.....and everyone called it their best vacation expirience ever.......

2  Thank Gary G
Alan_Orozco, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Gary G,

We are very pleased to know you had an incredible stay. Abril will be very happy when she hears of your kind words. Thank you for your preference we hope to continue providing you with the best of our services. Your home away from home awaits you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel is beautiful from the tasteful decor to it's beachside location. My boyfriend and I went to celebrate his 40th birthday. We spent most of our time at the beach or adult pool. Armando the server from the adult pool was by far the most attentive and helpful. We had two less than stellar experiences the first at the sports bar where we ate the first night we arrived as it was late. The service was slow and the order was not correct. My boyfriends burger was under cooked they did try to fix it when we asked but we were tired and hungry. The second was with the travel club people. I was genuinely interested in getting more information and I felt that because I was alone and single as in not married.... they did not take me seriously asked me more than once where my husband was during the presentation and honestly that was enough to turn me off immediately. Overall I got over it and made the most of the rest of my stay I was not going to let that ruin the rest of my vacation. Check in and check out was easy. They also bring a little market in a few days a week which we enjoyed although the deals are not great it's convenient and fun. We ate at the buffet every night which we found more than adequate. The food was great. We had a junior suite and that was perfect for us the facilities were kept clean throughout the hotel. Overall I would return although I think we decided we would try a resort in town in august just for the experience of being closer to shopping and restaurants. This hotel is a bit fat from town although we found a taxi ride there affordable and the valet will help you order one.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 638ema

Dear 638ema,

We truly appreciate you having taken the time to share us your recent experience. I lament the inconveniences you´ve encounter. I have made sure to reinforce these with our corresponding departments and supervisors, so that that these kinds of matter don´t occur again. Your comments and feedback are highly appreciative, they help us in our constant growth. We will be honored to have the pleasure of attending you once again in the future. Your home away from home awaits you here at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our entire experience was great! Food and drinks were great! Buffet got a bit redundant after about day 4, but my kids were hungry come dinner time and needed to eat right away. Next time, I’d give ourselves more time to get into the themed restaurants!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear sweetbrownkim,

We appreciate you having taken the time to share us your recent experience. We are honored to provide you with the best of our services, thank you for making us part of this incredible experience. Your home away from home awaits you and your entire family here at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa for your next vacations.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I visited this resort for the third time, from January 10 to the 17th. First off, I want to mention a few star employees, some of which were here on our previous 2 visits. Esteban, who used to be at El Bosque the first 2 times but was moved to El Dorado for the lunch crowd by the main pool. He'll be happy to help you with your Spanish lessons if you're struggling, if you help him with his English. His brother Antonio at El Bosque was great at anticipating our needs and you only have to ask and it will appear. Our table with my husband's ketchup and cinnamon was ready and waiting each morning for breakfast. These two are extremely hard working and great friends now. Another extremely hard working fellow, Armando, was the main waiter at the Quiet Pool and would remember your drinks without you having to tell him. There was another gentleman who was our waiter for evening buffets and I must slap myself for not getting his name, or remembering it either, but he kept my sister's sparkling wine topped off before she could blink. Very attentive. Sebastian at the El Dorado Steak House was also a great guy. Two guys on the front line lobby desk, Christian and Jesus were extremely helpful. Christian, went above and beyond to arrange for the room we wanted, and Jesus helped with a matter concerning our room. And the bellhops.. All of them. Friendly and very helpful.

Now to move on to a few things that I found not quite so great this trip. I remember our first 2 trips, the food in the main buffet was well rounded and usually contained a sampling of their 4 a la carte restaurants. For instance, a selection of Italian dishes at one station, Mexican at another, Steaks and grilled chicken and some other North American selections at yet another, and a 4th area for Sushi, and Chinese stir fry. This year, there was no Asian offerings in the main buffet, that area having been turned entirely into a taco area. I was disappointed in this, as I love Sushi, and sure, we could have gone to Bamboo for this, but I do remember our one trip to Bamboo last year and it really didn't give us enough of what we would have liked. Another thing missing this year from the breakfast buffet for instance, bananas were hard to come by. Or were late coming out. Please Palladium, if your hours state that you open for Breakfast at 7 am, have your buffet all ready and waiting. I don't want to hear from other people that crepes, and bananas and other things came out after my breakfast was over.

I'm going to address the WiFi... Sunwing states in it's room descriptions that WiFi is available in our rooms. We had no wifi in our room. Building 3, 3rd floor. Nada. Yes, we could go to the lobby, the poolside, the restaurants and pick up a signal, but nothing in our room. And when it's important for people back home to contact us if there are issues with our home because of the extreme cold perhaps causing our heating to go out, we need to be able to access our emails from our rooms too. We received a notice one day that there would be serviceman in our room working on the WiFi, and when the day was over, we tried and still nothing. So, I'm not sure if they did anything or not. If they did, there still is no WiFi in Room 3318... so don't pay the bill for the service technician...

Which brings me to another slight issue... our room. Or should I say, the lateness in getting our room cleaned. Of the 7 days we were there, At least 5 of them our room wasn't cleaned until after 4 pm. This was when we were coming back from a hot day by the pool and wished to shower and change and get ready for dinner. My husband asked a couple times if our room could be done right away. The last couple times we were at this resort, our rooms were done much earlier. Now I'm not sure if there is perhaps a shortage of maids or what the issue was, but it needs to be addressed.

The last thing I want to discuss and bring to management's attention, is the 30 minute rule by the infinity pool. Several of us set our towels out before breakfast, and then right after, spend the rest of the day at this pool. And while I realize that there are some people who are rude enough to set out their towels early and then never show up for the rest of the day, the majority of us will spend the entire day there. Your 30 minute rule needs adjusting. Many of the people I spoke to, have mobility issues. Knees or hips that bother them and getting to and from places within your 30 minute time frame is not feasible. If you insist on keeping this rule, perhaps adjust it to an hour. Going for breakfast can take at least that, and then later for lunch as well. Most of us that get to the pool early are gone by 4 pm. Then the young crowd comes in. Also, you really need more loungers at the infinity pool. I noticed several empty spots where there used to be loungers.

Overall, I still like this resort, and our third visit was enjoyable. Please Palladium, don't let the little things slip by the wayside. Treat your staff well, and they will be happy. We like happy people and enjoy their company and learning about them and where they live. To those of you who visit, please also treat the staff well. Ask them about themselves. They're happy to tell you.

1  Thank grandmad2015

Dear grandmad2015,

Allow me to thank you for your continues preference and for making us once again part of your new adventure. We are very happy to know our services and attentions continue to exceed your expectations. We also highly appreciate you taken the time in sharing us your opinions which provide a big help in our constant growth and improvements. We consider our guest part of our family and that is what you have become to us please feel free to contact me for any further comments you would like to share with us. I am at your service. Your home away from home awaits you here at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Forgive the long review, but many staff were excellent, and doubly so given some ridiculous events we experience.

Made my first visit to Grand Palladium Vallarta and my sixth visit to a Grand Palladium resort. Knowing what to expect from a GP we found a great deal and excitedly booked.

This resort is significantly smaller (10-20% of the acres) than the Mayan and Jamaican sister resorts, which means less waking, more relaxing and everything you could need is much closer located. An additional benefit is the A La Carte to guest ratio. With 4 A La Cartes to choose from, guests can go to as many A La Cartes as they like, as often as they like, without a reservation.

Service options are much improved from my other experiences (drink service at the pool, better liquor selection, brief but free massages by the relax pool). Perhaps this is only at this Palladium now or it has been rolled out across all resorts. Either way, the improvements were greatly appreciated.

Armando and Melissa took great care of us at the adult pool, while Luis made great drinks at the adult pool bar.

Our experiences at the Zentropia Spa were excellent and on par with the services I received at all other Palladium’s I’ve visited. I enjoyed a 110 minute massage while my partner had a full skin treatment, facial, hair treatment and 50 minute massage. We were both very satisfied with all the services.

We visited all four A La Cartes during our visit and all were excellent. The service seemed the best at Portofino (Juan Jose) and La Adelita (Octavio). Luis, the head Chef, at Portofino was happy to answer any and all questions we had. The resort Food and Beverage Supervisor, Edu, regularly went above and beyond to ensure we were having a great time, and allowed us to reschedule our Lobster Dinner (not included) at the last minute when my partner had food poisoning from eating out at Rhythms of the Night.

Sayulita, a beautiful beach town about 30 minutes away is definitely worth taking a day trip to. We met up with friends and enjoyed the excellent food, coffee, tacos, craft beer, street performers and nightlife on offer. You will regret not going.

The lunch buffet by the pool is massive taco bar with no tortillas available. Mario the tortilla man was no where to be seen. This makes no sense.

We then started to have some not so great experiences. We went on the Rhythms of the Night tour, widely recommended and touted as the best excursion on offer in the Puerto Vallarta area. Our Sunwing rep advised to go on the excursion hungry to make the most of the food. Well we took that to heart and ate nothing but a very small breakfast that day. The Sunwing rep failed to tell us that we would not be eating super until 11PM, so we were so hungry that we could not enjoy the show. Instead we couldn’t wait for the performance to be over. When we did get to eat we weren’t offered any drinks until we had already finished our meal.

That said, Leon and his crew on “Boat 5” were excellent. The entire boat part of the trip was far beyond expectations with non stop drinks. The entertainment on the boat was excellent, that’s right, we were treated to a full on air band production by the crew of the boat. The island the main show was on Was illuminated by only 50,000 candles, needless to say that was amazing. The food was honestly very sub par and I would not recommend it. The hot foods were definitely not being held at 165F or higher, they were room temperature at best. As restaurant owner with Level 2 food safety certification I can guarantee that.

For $240 CDN each I would not recommend the VIP package for the Rhythms of the Night tour. It supposedly gets you premium spirits included, but they were only Bacardi and Absolut, hardly premium brands. So I’m not sure what exactly you get for the extra $50 CDN.

It turns out we would have been better to not eat on the Rhythms excursion at all, as we both got food poisoning. I should have known better than to eat the buffet, but we hadn’t eaten in over 10 hrs, only booze.

This is very important and take note: The on-site resort Mesu clinic and the hospital we were sent to are both owned and operated by Hospiten. This definitely seemed like a conflict of interest and I believe we were screwed, hard.

Many guests injured their feet/ankles in the rocky water, many slopes and stairs as the resort is built into the side of a hill. You definitely want to watch your step and wear quality footwear.

My partner ended up spraining her foot quite badly. The first time we went to the clinic some unqualified guy gave a bandaid - for a possibly broken toe/foot.

Without realizing that full blown food poisoning was about to hit, I took my partner back to the on resort clinic ran by Hospiten, for hopefully a higher level of care. We got more than we bargained for.

Upon discovery that we have travel insurance and the confirmation of coverage, Alejandra was quick to want to send us by ambulance to a hospital.

Given the onset of food poisoning Brenda at the clinic thought some of the symptoms (muscle tremors and loss of feeling in the foot) it could be signs of a complication of a perhaps broken foot (circulation or blood clot) and insisted on an X-ray to ensure there were no fractures or dislocations that could lead to permanent paralysis if left untreated.

So then by ambulance we went to a hospital owned by Hospiten. While there the hospital did an X-ray and eventually, after demanding several times, they gave my partner one single ibuprofen which she promptly threw up. They somehow were surprised she would want pain killers. We went there to discover if she had a broken foot or not, so obviously she needed something for pain. The people working at the hospital may be the most incompetent and incapable people I’ve ever experienced.

By the time we arrived at the hospital it was clear that my partner had food poisoning and we asked for anti nausea medication multiple times. They did absolutely nothing about it, ever. They did not treat the food poisoning or even tape the affected toes or foot.

The staff were more concerned about additional unnecessary procedures they could do in order to milk the insurance company.

Once they started some analysis they told us the insurance company said they would not cover it and wanted cash now, up front before doing anything else. Our case worker had previously confirmed everything would be covered directly to us on the phone. Now the hospital sales rep said it would only be covered if Kelsey spent a night or two in the hospital, directly conflicting with the information from our case worker. I suggested that I contact the insurance company again, directly. The hospital staff did not like that idea and wanted to talk me out of it.

Meanwhile several other unhappy/uncomfortable patients (tourists only of course, there was not a Mexican patient in sight) were also getting upset about the seeming bamboozling occurring, getting out of their beds and leaving the hospital.

At this point I advised our consultant/sales person we would not be proceeding any further and that I doubted the integrity of their intentions. I contemplated picking my girl up and making a run for it. Only fear of experiencing a Mexican prison prevented me. An ambulance ride and hospital visit had already been enough.

There was no waiting area. The emergency room wasn’t busy, but for the low cost of $1,000 we got an X-ray and an ibuprofen that was immediately thrown up due to food poisoning. We did at least confirm her foot was not broken, but only sprained.

We decided we were better to head back to the resort and get some drugs from the pharmacy. 6 hours after the debacle began and $15 later with some pepto bismol and anti nausea pills my partner was starting to feel better.

Then Brenda from the on site clinic walked by and saw her sitting in a chair in the lobby, marginally improved, but obviously still distressed. Brenda inquired what treatments had Kelsey received? Well, absolutely no treatment at all.

While she was so sick in the uber back to the resort, she forgot her phone. When trying to pay the uber driver for the extra ride he would not accept payment via the Uber app, while I only had 20 pesos left on me after the mornings events.

Now I was forced to use the onsite atm which charged $9US per transaction and 20% conversion. So it ended up costing me $45 CDN to withdraw $200US. Now the uber driver wouldn’t accept USD, pesos only. The Peso ATM wasn’t working which is why I used the USD atm. So I now had no choice but to convert the USD to pesos at the front desk and pay yet another conversion fee.

At this point, with my own food poisoning combined with being bamboozled by the hospital, I was ready to totally lose control of myself. Apparently this was evident on my face.

Then Carlos from the Travel Club stepped up and resolved the situation, and I can’t thank him enough. He took 500 pesos out of his own wallet and paid the uber driver.

Moments later while waiting to exchange my USD for pesos to pay Carlos back, I had a full blown panic attack.

I can’t stress this enough: Carlos, Adib and Omar of the travel club made everything much better for me very quickly. The feeling of chest pain and shortness of breath was gone.

Meanwhile my parter was now back at the resort clinic getting the attention she very much needed since early that morning. She got an IV for both her food poisoning symptoms and the pain and inflammation of an incredibly sprained foot that she had lost feeling in. Brenda prescribed many medications for both the sprained foot and food poisoning to get Kelsey back to health and enjoying her vacation.

Now with all the food poisoning, hospital visit and commotion our reservations and itinerary needed to be adjusted. Again Edu (F&B), Omar and Carlos (travel club) stepped up to do all they could.

The next day numerous staff sent messages of well wishes and were very concerned about her wellbeing. The front desk called to say that all restaurants at the resort had been advised of Kelsey’s experience and would adjust whatever they could to accommodate her uneasy stomach.

Then they called back to offer bottles of electrolit and snacks to be delivered to our room.

I have never in my life felt so valued as a guest or customer of any business, anywhere in the world.

It was an absolute pleasure meeting both Adib and Fabricio from the travel club. They are both very excellent at their jobs. Both Kelsey and I look forward to a lifetime of experiences with Grand Palladium.

1  Thank Daniel C
Alan_Orozco, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Mr. Daniel C.

Thank you for your comment and rating our hotel Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa with an excellent score. Your comment really motivates us to keep doing an excellent job.

We truly lament the inconveniences that you have at the hospital and boat trip, we hope both of you are doing much better now I am pleased to know our services and attentions were off your likeness and we were able to provide you with the best of our cares.

We are at your services for anything you made need. Your home away from home awaits you.

With kind regards.